F1 season 2015

SingaBore is supposed to be a place the drivers love according to the media, mickey mouse turns and concrete walls.....can't think why. The upcoming Sochi is another one I'll gladly miss even though the beeb have full coverage, last year's was sleep inducing to me.
At least Suzuka should be more lively.....hopefully !

Singapore was only marginally more exciting than Monaco, that's how dull it was. Coming after Spa and Monza, the two best tracks on the calendar, the comparison is very stark. Suzuka is good though, and not co-incidentally another old circuit rather than one of the newer designs, so this weekend should be better.

Martin winterkorn has resigned as head of VW
This could be a blow for F1
Ullrich the former head of the VW group, who would not go into F1 as long as bernie was there, was ousted after the group was fined 200,00 for un sportsmanlike behavior in DTM
Winterkorn got his job and was in favor of F1, the rumour being red bull in 2018 would become audi Now he has gone and VW is saddled with a hefty bill, still rising, for fiddling emissions
So maybe there appetite for spending cash isnt too great
Then again to get their name out there again in a couple of years time F1 could be a very good advertising tool

Whoops it was Petch that wouldnt enter F1 while bernie was there but the same applies

Last edited:
2015 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX

ylvqbes.png

Suzuka
Lap length 5.807km (3.608 miles)
Race laps 53
Race distance 307.471km (191.054 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’31.540 (228.372 kph) by Kimi Raikkonen, 2005
Fastest lap 1’28.954 (235.011 kph) by Michael Schumacher, 2006
Maximum speed 314kph (195.11 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight
Distance from grid to turn one 545m

Schedule
Friday 25th September 2015
Japanese Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 10:00-11:30 (UK time: 2:00-3:30)
Japanese Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 14:00-15:30 (UK time: 6:00-7:30)
Saturday 26th September 2015
Japanese Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 12:00-13:00 (UK time: 4:00-5:00)
Japanese Grand Prix Qualifying: 15:00 (UK time: 7:00)
Sunday 27th September 2015
Japanese Grand Prix: 14:00 (UK time: 6:00)

Previous Winners
2014 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes Suzuka
2013 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2012 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2011 United Kingdom Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
2010 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2009 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2008 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault Fuji
2007 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes Fuji
2006 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault Suzuka
2005 Finland Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes
2004 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2003 Brazil Rubens Barrichello Ferrari
2002 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2001 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari
2000 Germany Michael Schumacher Ferrari

Schumacher on board 2010
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPs7k-0SaYg

Alesi on board 1995
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXianSZ9hAk

Facts and Figures from the last race

Ahead of the Singapore Grand Prix the possibility Lewis Hamilton might match his hero Ayrton Senna’s career statistics of 41 wins from 161 starts became a focal point.

There was so much anticipation about this potential aligning of the stars it was almost bound not to happen. Instead Sebastian Vettel took the victory – and by doing so became only the third driver in the history of Formula One to win more races than the great Brazilian three-times champion: Michael Schumacher (91), Alain Prost (51), Sebastian Vettel (42), Ayrton Senna (41)

Astonishingly, Vettel is not yet halfway towards Michael Schumacher’s record. Asked after the race if he could ever think of reaching the record, Vettel admitted “Prost’s is in sight” but doubted he could emulate Schumacher.

Vettel’s third win of the year means he has now scored as many victories as Nico Rosberg this season. He also took his first pole position since 2013, the 46th of his career.

This was Ferrari’s first pole position since the 2012 German Grand Prix, ending a 60-race long streak for them without starting from the front. This was the longest pole drought in their history – one more than their 59-race race run without a pole between the 1990 Portuguese and 1994 German Grands Prix, though that covered a longer time period.

Singapore kept up its record of seeing the Safety Car appear at least once in every race it has held, which helped Vettel lead the race from start to finish. This has only happened twice this year and it occurred in the last two races, Hamilton having done so in Italy.

However Vettel narrowly failed to claim a ‘grand slam’ as he was beaten to the fastest lap of the race by Daniel Ricciardo. The Red Bull driver set a 1’50.041 on the 52nd lap which Vettel came within 0.028s of on his next tour, but was unable to beat.

Vettel did sustain his streak of top-two finishes in Singapore, however: this was his sixth in a row.

One of the two Safety Car appearances in Singapore was caused by someone wandering onto the track. Curiously, two other instances of the same thing happening at Hockenheim in 2000 and Silverstone in 2003 also resulted in wins for Ferrari.

Mercedes’ mystifying loss of pace meant several of their success streaks were halted. Their run of 23 consecutive pole positions came to an end one shy of the all-time record held by Williams. However they did establish a new record for most consecutive pole positions for an engine manufacturer: 31, beating Renault’s previous record of 24 (they powered all those Williams pole positions).

Hamilton failed to get an eighth consecutive pole which would have tied Senna’s record. He was off the front row for the first time in 20 races, which is the second-longest streak of all time, again behind Senna who managed four more.

Hamilton’s retirement meant he failed to score points for the first time in 19 races. That’s his best-ever run of points scores but is eight shy of Kimi Raikkonen’s record of 27. This also means there are now no drivers who have completed every racing lap this year: Vettel has the most with 789.

Finally, Alexander Rossi became the first American driver to start an F1 race since Scott Speed in the 2007 European Grand Prix. Following that race Speed lost his place in the team to …..Sebastian Vettel.

Current Standings

5OJpbA2.png

If you were only interested in first place then you wouldnt have seen much of the Mercs
A row is rumbling as the finger is pointing at Bernie again for non coverage of the top two including pit stops Merc to complain apparently
I am becoming a fan of Max 17 to 9 not bad, spectacular overtakes and handles himself with PR, he has probably learnt now its not clever to park your car on the track
Racing behind Alonso will have taught him a trick or two
McLarens are a query they are going forward each race but today they were slow at the end of the straights some how the deployment of power dosnt equal the other engines
Nice to see Ron appearing nearly human before he goes off and rollocks his drivers

Last edited:
For $40 million a year, I'd slow it down even more, just relax in the car and let the marussia pass me and then Honda might think about speeding up development

People in the know seem to think the Honda problem is to do with battery charging/deploying, it's not providing the power like other engines and that's a considerable amount of power to concede

People in the know seem to think the Honda problem is to do with battery charging/deploying, it's not providing the power like other engines and that's a considerable amount of power to concede

Even saving all for defending down the straight they ran out of power half way down, so don't even have the capability of a full deployment.

I do feel for the guy. It's a shame seeing such a great racer having to drive a car like the current McLaren.
Oh, I agree. I very much want to see him in a competitive car, for the sake of the racing.

Just watched it and was wondering why Hamilton was hardly broadcast during the race?
Bernie sulk for Mercedes not speaking to Red Bull about an engine for next year, although Mercedes said they hadn't approached them. And to be honest, with their great aero, would you want to give your competitors what would be the winning edge?

9 teams next year, excluding RB/TR and including haas and going on rumours too like sauber switching to Renault because they wouldn't be Ferrari no.2 as that will be Haas' new position...

There will be
3 Ferrari teams (ferarri, haas and manor)
1 Honda (McLaren)
3 merc (Mercedes, force India, williams)
2 Renault (lotus, sauber)

It would be nice for a fifth manufacturer, I don't think f1 cars use diesel so VW could manage it haha... As for ferarri or Mercedes, either supplier will have just under 50% of teams using their power unit so the argument for either isn't there. Maybe Honda can supply some engines until a fifth manufacturer can be tempted in?

9 teams next year, excluding RB/TR and including haas and going on rumours too like sauber switching to Renault because they wouldn't be Ferrari no.2 as that will be Haas' new position...

There will be
3 Ferrari teams (ferarri, haas and manor)
1 Honda (McLaren)
3 merc (Mercedes, force India, williams)
2 Renault (lotus, sauber)

It would be nice for a fifth manufacturer, I don't think f1 cars use diesel so VW could manage it haha... As for ferarri or Mercedes, either supplier will have just under 50% of teams using their power unit so the argument for either isn't there. Maybe Honda can supply some engines until a fifth manufacturer can be tempted in?

I though Manor were going Merc?

I had read that but I couldn't remember where so I didn't want to include it in case it was just a rumour, I didn't have a reason why either, like the sauber situation.

I had read that but I couldn't remember where so I didn't want to include it in case it was just a rumour, I didn't have a reason why either, like the sauber situation.

Trying to remember where I read/heard it. Might have been Ted on his race notebook on Sky...whoever it was was suggesting Manor might become the feeder team to Merc like the RB/TR combo, which would be interesting if it is true.

It was certainly mentioned on the excellent BBC coverage.

I watch sky f1 and I usually turn off after the race as everyone else wants the tv back! I sometimes watch the notebook but the last one he was in with crofty in the commentary box but a merc feeder team might do better as well

Lotus would go Renault so there would be free (well not free) Merc engines and manor was the likelly recipiants, once the renault deal has been done.
Red Bull might have a great car next year without an engine the way they are going about things
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120711

Bernie might get his wish over Silverstone
http://www.pitpass.com/54833/British-GP-under-threat

Last edited:
Last edited:
Grosjean has also expressed an interest in driving a SHR car. NASCAR rules allow a team to field a fifth car in Cup races for a limited number of races in a season for a driver with limited experience at that level, and they run rounds on two conventional circuits (Watkins Glen and Sonoma) in addition to the 34 rounds on ovals, so it would not be beyond the realms of possibility for them to put Grosjean in one or both of those races if he wanted to play - he would have to qualify on speed though, as there are usually more entrants than the 43 places on the grid.

2015 FORMULA 1 RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX

RpokJip.png

Sochi
Lap length 5.853km (3.637 miles)
Race laps 53
Race distance 310.209km (192.755 miles)

Schedule
Friday 9th October 2015
Russian Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 10:00-11:30 (UK time: 7:00-8:30)
Russian Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 14:00-15:30 (UK time: 11:00-12:30)
Saturday 10th October 2015
Russian Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 12:00-13:00 (UK time: 9:00-10:00)
Russian Grand Prix Qualifying: 15:00 (UK time: 12:00)
Sunday 11th October 2015
Russian Grand Prix: 14:00 (UK time: 12:00)

Previous Winners
2014 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes Sochi

Hamilton on board 2014
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzB-EvyQuZw

Facts and Figures from the last race

Lewis Hamilton became the second driver in the space of five races to equal Ayrton Senna’s tally of 41 race victories. Sebastian Vettel did the same in Hungary.

Vettel has already added his 42nd win last week, making him the third most successful F1 driver of all time in terms of victories. But as Hamilton as the all-conquering Mercedes W06 beneath him, don’t bet against him being ahead at the end of the season.

Hamilton reached Senna’s milestone in his 162nd race – one more than Senna started.

Hamilton led every lap of the way and set the fastest lap, but for the second weekend in a row a driver missed out on a ‘grand slam’ by less than a tenth of a second. Nico Rosberg beat Hamilton to pole by 0.076 seconds.

Rosberg’s second pole position of the year was the 17th of his career, giving him as many as Jackie Stewart. Rain on Friday meant the track was still ‘green’ on Saturday, and Rosberg’s pole time of 1’32.584 was 0.078 seconds slower than he managed last year. Surprisingly, Hamilton still hasn’t had a pole position at Suzuka.

This was the second time Rosberg has out-qualified Hamilton this year. That leaves Romain Grosjean as the only driver who’s participated in every weekend this year and only been beaten by his team mate once in qualifying.

Rosberg finished between Hamilton and Vettel – the same top three as last year and the seventh time this trio have occupied the podium this year.

Button continued his record of finishing every race he has started at Suzuka – this was his 14th – but this was the first time he was outside the top ten.

Red Bull failed to score for the first time since last year’s Australian Grand Prix, when Vettel dropped out with an engine problem and Daniel Ricciardo was disqualified after taking the chequered flag in second place.

And finally, yesterday was probably the last time we’ll ever see a 17-year-old on an F1 grid. Max Verstappen turned 18 on Wednesday, and from next year the FIA will impose a minimum age limit of 18 for F1 drivers.

Current Standings

jL8u7IM.png

I used to love F1. This has been one of the most boring seasons I can remember. Moto GP is a much better spectacle now

I used to love F1. This has been one of the most boring seasons I can remember. Moto GP is a much better spectacle now
I remember the season after season of the Schumacher era, this dosnt seem that bad at all

Sainz will race, he will be starting from the pit lane.

Toro Rosso's Carlos Sainz will race in Sunday's Russian Grand Prix following his high-speed crash in practice.

The Spaniard, 21, was taken to hospital in Sochi after smashing into barriers at Turn 13, approached at 200mph, but was released on Saturday.

Governing body the FIA gave him the all-clear after a medical check.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/34495346

Mildly ironic that it was the lowering of the nose (to improve safety in case of T-bone type collisions) caused his car to chisel under the safety barrier.

Glad he's been given the all clear, although I can't help feeling that a week off might have done him more good. Then again, it's usually said to be better to climb straight back up on the horse after a fall!

Back