F1 season 2015

Looks like Mercedes have taken the constructors with Kimi's 30 second penalty.

Enjoyable race, almost a diplomatic incident with Lewis spraying champagne up the back of Putins suit ;).

Mildly ironic that it was the lowering of the nose (to improve safety in case of T-bone type collisions) caused his car to chisel under the safety barrier.
Loosing a wheel might have lowered the nose to the deck

Definitely no tyre war then, shame
It has to be passed by the no balls FIA yet but do you think that Bernie will not get his way ?
Same with Red Bull it wont be surprising if they arnt running with Reno once Bernie has lent on Reno, especially as Reno are seeking a 9 year deal of there own with the formula one group ,
Long live the dwarf

Last edited:
Kimi Raikonnen got a 30 second penalty for crashing into Bottas, drops to 8th.

Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen has dropped from fifth to eighth place in the results of Sunday's 2015 Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix after stewards deemed him to blame for his last-lap collision with Williams' Valtteri Bottas.

Raikkonen was handed a 10-second stop-and-go penalty for causing the incident, which was converted into a 30s time penalty since he was not able to serve his punishment during the race. It means he now scores only four points rather than 10, handing Mercedes an unassailable lead in the team standings, thus securing them a second consecutive constructors' crown.
https://www.formula1.com/content/fo...ummoned-to-stewards-after-last-lap-clash.html

Alonso got a 5 sec penalty for exceeding track limits
Demotes him to 11th

Loosing a wheel might have lowered the nose to the deck

But the older, higher noses wouldn't (probably) have chiselled their way under the belting.

AS Mike says, a real shame for VB. Has KR been taking lessons from PM?

Newey thinks Red Bull might not be there next year
Will the grid be less
Hass will take up Torro rossa's place and already Merc seem to be lining up a three car team (it has been noted that Toto has been chatting with daddy Verstapin ) It only needs Ferrari to offer a third seat and the grid is back to normal (I dont know how they would work out the constructers title but I bet thats already been discussed)
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/newey-says-red-bull-being-forced-out-of-f1/

Dr Helmutt Marko speaks out like the true sportsman he is
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns32186.html
Err, Dr Marko seems to have got that the wrong way around, surely Red Bull risk punching a 4 car hole in the F1 grid if they decide to break previous agreements and quit. Their engine problem is not of F1's (as a whole) making and not F1's to sort. Red Bull got themselves into this mess it's down to them to get themselves out of it. Or just jack it in all together, can't say I'd fancy Mr Horner being hired by a PR team any time soon.

"We don't wanna play any more coz we've stopped winning. We wanna better engine. The real players don't wanna let us have one."

They were happy enough when they were at the sharp end and didn't wanna share their toys!

If the rumours are to be believed and Marko dosnt pull the plug on red bull and torro then torro could have a 2015 ferrari in its rear and red bull (with the help of bernie) could have a reluctant reno
Red bull may have to pay a whopping 500 million to leave F1 next year and not honour their contract
They could just stick horner in charge and tootal along for a couple of years In which time they could pay to build an engine
VW might want to build a clean hybrid engine and convince the world they are the good guys really

Is the FIA part of F1 racing, you have to ask
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns32195.html
Did they just make all that up? I mean, if it's to be believed they'll ban one year old spec Power Units but allow a completely different type of three year old V8, c'mon really. Would you or anyone with half a brain trust Red (those fuel sensor readings are not as good as our in house ones) Bull to sick to any rules to lower the performance of the engine, don't think I would.

Well it seems the FIA is a spare part that really dosnt have any power at all. if this is true then Bernie legally rules the roost
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/

Last edited:
2015 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX

oEsXA5Y.png

Austin
Lap length 5.513km (3.426 miles)
Race laps 56
Race distance 308.728km (191.835 miles)
Pole position Right-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’39.347 (199.773 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2012
Fastest lap 1’35.657 (207.479 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2012
Maximum speed 314kph (195.11 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and longest straight
Distance from grid to turn one 280m

Schedule
Friday 23rd October 2015
United States Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 10:00-11:30 (UK time: 15:00-16:30)
United States Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 14:00-15:30 (UK time: 19:00-20:30)
Saturday 24th October 2015
United States Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 10:00-11:00 (UK time: 15:00-16:00)
United States Grand Prix Qualifying: 13:00 (UK time: 18:00)
Sunday 25th October 2015
United States Grand Prix: 14:00 (UK time: 19:00)

Previous Winners
2014 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2013 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2012 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes

Button on board start 2014
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotU9nYHC9M

Alonso on board 2012
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZxEUyna1Ts

Facts and Figures from the last race

With his 42nd career win in Sochi, Lewis Hamilton has drawn one clear of Ayrton Senna in the all-time list and back level with Sebastian Vettel.

Hamilton’s win was his ninth of the year. But curiously this was the third race in a row which he didn’t take pole position for, prior to which he’d started at the front for a near-record seven races in a row. He had previously looked likely to rival Vettel’s record for setting 15 pole positions in a season, but now the best he can do is equal it.

Nico Rosberg took his third pole of the year and the 18th of his career, putting him level with Mario Andretti and Rene Arnoux. Mercedes had their 11th front row lock-out of the year – one fewer than they managed throughout 2014.

With row three occupied by Valtteri Bottas and Vettel, the top four on the grid were exactly the same as the previous round.

Vettel took the fastest lap, giving him a total of 25 so far in his career, putting him level with Mika Hakkinen.

Thanks to Kimi Raikkonen’s penalty, Mercedes wrapped up the constructors’ championship at the same venue as last year. However they sealed the title one race earlier than they did in 2014, indicating they have been even more dominant this season than last year.

Mercedes are only the ninth team in F1 history to successfully defend a constructors’ championship title. The others were Cooper, Ferrari, Lotus, Brabham, McLaren, Williams, Renault and Red Bull.

Raikkonen was handed three penalty points on his licence for the collision. More than half of the field now has at least one penalty point – anyone who accumulates 12 will receive a race ban. The Lotus drivers are leading the table with six each, but Romain Grosjean will deduct two at the end of the day as penalty points expire 12 months after they are incurred.

The post-race reshuffle of the finishing positions also elevated Felipe Nasr to sixth place – his best result since his debut in Australia.

Fernando Alonso, however, was demoted from tenth place in his 250th race weekend appearance. Max Verstappen moved up in his place, which means the driver of car number 33 now has 33 championship points.

Current Standings

2Isu7n5.png

After the soggy start to the weekend, wow, what a race it's turned out to be.

What a race, best of the season, so many different scenarios played out.

Definitely, you wonder how the BBC will be able to make a an edited highlights package of that race, the whole race was the highlight.

I think that's also the best result for McLaren this season as well, their car actually looked like it could race today.

No Stetsons? Ted even showed them off in the quali notebook? But good race and was everywhere until the last minute, it's a good job I watched it because the BBC news app promptly showed me who won via a notification... Funny to see nico throw the hat back haha

I was screaming at the TV when mclaren were 5&6. Seems Jensen was right to refuse the new engine as it didn't seem faster in those conditions

Don't mind nico being disappointed. He'll be gutted he made the mistake.
Shame no stetsons

Great season by Lewis, mature and professional. Shame to see Rosberg being so petulant, he just isn't good enough.

Great season by Lewis, mature and professional. Shame to see Rosberg being so petulant, he just isn't good enough.
Defending Nico he has beaten 20 other top drivers (up to press) in the championship, which is not to be sniffed at
But lewis is in a diffrent class which Fridays practise showed

On Saturday, I was more than a wee bit angry that the supposed pinnacle of motorsport, on a relatively new track, was laid low by rain!

However, yesterday's race was as good as I have seen for many years.

Lewis was a wee bit lucky with the safety car, otherwise he would have been well beaten by Nico.

Nevertheless less, he is a class driver and deserves the championship.

Will we see Lewis mess with nico's mind at the last races by helping him keep 2nd place. Could lead to great dices between lewis and Seb keeping Seb away from Nico
Or will Lewis just crush Nico by winning all thats left

Will we see Lewis mess with nico's mind at the last races by helping him keep 2nd place. Could lead to great dices between lewis and Seb keeping Seb away from Nico
Or will Lewis just crush Nico by winning all thats left

I would normally say that he will just try and crush him and leave him demoralised for next season, but it really did seem that he tried to help Nico at the end of the (was it first?) VSC when he backed the two Red Bulls up a little. I think he has said he just had no grip, but he then sprinted off, so I am not sure that wasn't a little bit of a helping hand.

After Rosberg's display in the podium waiting room, I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis just went for it. WDC is wrapped up, Constructor's is in the bag, let NR do what he can - seems his best isn't good enough to beat his teammate.

After Rosberg's display in the podium waiting room, I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis just went for it. WDC is wrapped up, Constructor's is in the bag, let NR do what he can - seems his best isn't good enough to beat his teammate.
Dont forget Toto and lauda plus Mercedes that want a one two from the championship plus the constructors
My money is on Lewis playing a supporting role but making sure Nico knows it

I read that Lewis threw the 2nd place cap into Nico's lap, which is a bit 'in your face' in those circumstances. He threw it back, at him. He will have been furious with his mistake towards the end & cursing his bad luck with the safety car.

Back