F1 season 2015

So you think the FIA and stewards at Monza wouldn't want to give Ferrari a victory if there was a chance they could?

To suggest some sort of Red Bull/Mercedes manipulation is almost into "abducted by aliens" territory.
Are you suggesting Aliens DON'T abduct people ?

To suggest some sort of Red Bull/Mercedes manipulation is almost into "abducted by aliens" territory.
It's about as likely as the FIA and / or race stewards being biased in favour of Ferrari. :thinking:

It's about as likely as the FIA and / or race stewards being biased in favour of Ferrari. :thinking:

Remind everyone, what is that nickname for the FIA that you hear every so often?

Was it something like Ford International Assistance? Or do I possibly have the wrong carmaker? ;)

As ive been abducted by aliens, they would like to accredit the quote to Dave 1 for his foresight

The tyre pressure issue is basic physics. Hamilton's pressure was taken with a tyre temp of 101 deg, Rosberg's at 80 something degrees.

They need to either define a fixed temperature at which pressures are measured or need to adjust the target based on actual temperature.

The tyre pressure issue is basic physics. Hamilton's pressure was taken with a tyre temp of 101 deg, Rosberg's at 80 something degrees.

They need to either define a fixed temperature at which pressures are measured or need to adjust the target based on actual temperature.
It appears that pirelli measured Mercs tryres when they were put on
The FIA measured the pressure outside of the agreed proceedure 5 mins later on the grid
The proceedure will now be brought into line and jobs worth will have to conform

It appears that pirelli measured Mercs tryres when they were put on
The FIA measured the pressure outside of the agreed proceedure 5 mins later on the grid
The proceedure will now be brought into line and jobs worth will have to conform
So Mercedes-Benz have nothing to worry about

What I don't get about the tyre pressure issue is this. If the FIA found the pressure to be too low before the race (5 mins before if I've heard correctly)why did it take them til 20 minutes before the end of the race to inform anyone? those tyres had been changed at that point and also if it was supposed to be on 'safety' grounds why not stop the Mercs from racing in the first place, start from the pit or something after pumping up their tyres etc.

A good conspiracy theorist could suggest that the Italian tyre manufacturer may have wanted an Italian team to win their home GP, just Mercedes and the stewards didn't play ball with that idea.

I would think more likely that someone with common sense was in a minority and they were arguing it out with the air heads and jobs worths

Bernie is having a bad week
He wanted merc engines in red bulls but that aint happening
He has now reversed his opinion of Lewis and seb in as much Sebs the chosen one now and lewis is out of control
If he cant convince cvc to pay renault the historical payment then renault wont buy Lotus and we will be another team short for 2016 and an engine manufacturer less
He will get pirelli to sign next year maybe but the rumour is the team managers want Mitchilin as they think they will produce tyres they can race flat out on instead of Bernies plastic ordered ones
He has told the drivers not to talk publicly about Pirelli but the leaks of the meetings are coming
Its all unravelling
His days are numbered but he is hanging on in there tighter than a barnicle in a storm

Last edited:
I agree with what Mark Webber about pay drivers like Maldonado:

Former F1 driver Mark Webber has criticised pay drivers such as Pastor Maldonado, arguing they should not be in the sport if they are not performing.

On Monday, Webber said the F1 grid no longer has the depth it once had, but has now gone a step further by singling out Maldonado as an example in an interview with Sky Sports. Maldonado brings financial backing from Venezuelan oil company PDVSA, but Webber thinks F1 should be about ability to drive rather than ability to pay.

"We know we've got quality at the front, but I just still think there's the swing of the financial drivers [into F1], who are coming to basically decide what teams they want to go to, and also if they're going to stay there," he said. "Pastor [Maldonado], for example, saying 'I haven't made my decision yet where I'm going'.

"What other sports work like that? If you're not performing, mate, on your bike, get out of here.
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/13613870/pastor-maldonado-drivers-deserve-f1-seat-mark-webber

2015 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX

UYCKWhL.png

Singapore
Lap length 5.065km (3.147 miles)
Race laps 61
Race distance 308.828km (191.897 miles)
Pole position Right-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’48.574 (167.941 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2013
Fastest lap 1’42.841 (177.303 kph) by Sebastian Vettel, 2013
Maximum speed 296kph (183.926 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and straight to turn seven
Distance from grid to turn one 200m

Schedule
Friday 18th September 2015
Singapore Grand Prix Free Practice 1: 18:00-19:30 (UK time: 11:00-12:30)
Singapore Grand Prix Free Practice 2: 21:30-23:00 (UK time: 14:30-16:00)
Saturday 19th September 2015
Singapore Grand Prix Free Practice 3: 18:00-19:00 (UK time: 11:00-12:00)
Singapore Grand Prix Qualifying: 21:00 (UK time: 14:00)
Sunday 20th September 2015
Singapore Grand Prix: 20:00 (UK time: 13:00)

Previous Winners
2014 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2013 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2012 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2011 Germany Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
2010 Spain Fernando Alonso Ferrari
2009 United Kingdom Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2008 Spain Fernando Alonso Renault

Hamilton on board 2014
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5emilZhzI70

Webber on board 2010
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vynKhObL_rU

Facts and Figures from the last race

Hamilton’s dominance at Monza was complete: he headed every practice session and all three stages of qualifying, led every lap of the race and set fastest lap on his way to winning from pole position.

A win for Hamilton in the next race at Singapore would move him up to 41 victories from 161 starts – equalling Senna’s career record. Sebastian Vettel is already on 41 wins, though he has started nine fewer races than Hamilton.

Hamilton can also equal the record for most consecutive pole positions at the next race. He took his seventh in a row at Monza – Senna set the record of eight over the last three races of 1988 and first five of 1989. Senna also set seven poles in a row in 1990-91, as did Alain Prost in 1993 and Michael Schumacher in 2000-01.

With a 53-point lead in the championship, Hamilton is on course to match Senna in another way – by taking a third world championship. There are 175 points up for grabs in the remaining races, but with Mercedes usually monopolising the top two positions when they don’t break down, Hamilton could finish second to Rosberg in all the remaining races and still win the title.

Hamilton also increased his streak of front row starts to 20 in a row. He needs four more to equal the all-time record held by – you guessed it – Senna.

This was Hamilton’s 81st appearance on the podium, moving him one ahead of Senna. The next driver for him to catch in Fernando Alonso on 97, who has the third-highest tally of podiums in F1 history.

With second and third on the grid Ferrari enjoyed their best qualifying performance at home since 2010, when Alonso took pole with Felipe Massa third. Second was Kimi Raikkonen’s highest qualifying position since the 2013 Chinese Grand Prix, but a slow getaway meant he was last as the cars reached the first corner.

Red Bull were expected to struggle at Monza and so it proved: this was the first time since the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix that neither of their cars made it into Q3. The team received 85 grid place penalties following a series of power unit component changes.

A total of 168 grid place position penalties were handed down at Monza – that’s more than the total for the entire of 2014. Last year drivers were docked a total of 160 grid places, the total for this year reached 400 at Monza.

Despite his late engine failure Nico Rosberg was still classified as he had covered more than 90% of the race distance. However it means Hamilton is now the only driver left who has completed every racing lap so far this year.

Current Standings

JCHwS5o.png

Come on, it essentially says that the minimum tire pressures have been 'dropped' for Singapore compared to last year by raising them :-?

and this has been copied and pasted on a fair few sites I thought it was just me

Gulf News really seem to be a fan of McLaren Honda ;)

Speaking about Jenson Button:
The 2009 world champion, a 15-time winner, has struggled even to finish races this season after the once all-conquering team’s diabolical tie-up with Japanese engine giants Honda. He has been dumped helplessly deep down among the also-rans despite his admirably patient efforts to salvage some half decent response from his hopeless invalid carriage of a car.

He could be forgiven for wanting to escape the trap he has fallen into through no fault, or lack of effort, of his own. The honest performer that he is, that is not his way and he has maintained his loyalty, a rare attribute among Formula One drivers, to UK-based McLaren’s continuously futile cause.
http://gulfnews.com/sport/our-writers/button-s-future-with-mclaren-looks-tense-1.1585274

Copy and paste by people that have no clue what they are doing
f1.com is on the short list for rubbish as is grandprix247.com they fall into the daily mail / daily express league

Worst."Race".Ever!

So glad I missed it live and had to watch the "highlights" - Massa and Hulk's bump and the man on the track...did anything else remotely interesting happen?

I had hoped having all the merc engines out of place might create a bit of interest, didn't expect the procession :(

Awful boring racing, I think Hamilton's car got so bored it fell asleep ;).
Cant agree with boring certainly not the best but there were moments of brilliance from verstapin in particular including him saying NO to the team (Tost has now said he was right to refuse ) Seb was flawless
As for the mercs, well thats interesting the theory makers will have you believe because they coudnt lower there tyre pressures below pirellis recommendations they had lost there advantage but if that was the case all the teams would be running on flat tyres
Lewis said he was in with a shout but the clamp on the intercooler failed and left him with lower boost from the turbo so no point in plodding on and screwing an engine for fun
Nico isnt Lewis so what ever Mercedes have improved on there engine it hasnt been a success and Nico coudnt challenge the three cars in front of him
To be beaten by two ferraris and a Renault will certainly have the merc engineers burning midnight oil before next weekend
Maldanardo showed his racing skills again
Not an impressive race but not boring

Cant agree with boring certainly not the best but there were moments of brilliance from verstapin in particular including him saying NO to the team (Tost has now said he was right to refuse )

I would agree with @Jimmy_Lemon. When someone walking on the track and a petulant teenager shouting NO at his team are highlights it must rank up there as one of the worst races I've seen.

I think I even found the 2005 US GP more exciting...

It was singapore what did you expect from a show track
The petulant teenager was pulling some excellent overtakes and to get into the points from the back of the pack plus some must warrant some accolades
The big moan has been Mercs are dominating every race, now they didnt and it was a procession?
Not by any stretch was it the best race ive seen but it wasnt that bad

It was singapore what did you expect from a show track
The petulant teenager was pulling some excellent overtakes and to get into the points from the back of the pack plus some must warrant some accolades
The big moan has been Mercs are dominating every race, now they didnt and it was a procession?
Not by any stretch was it the best race ive seen but it wasnt that bad

Nothing to do with the Mercs, they were as sleep inducing as the rest, Rosberg even managed to stay awake long enough to finish 4th...

It was about as exciting as watching the cars go around a supermarket car park the week before Christmas.

But this is singapore have we ever had a wildly exciting race here

But this is singapore have we ever had a wildly exciting race here

I just don't remember going "that was completely sh*t" after watching a GP before, not even previous ones at Singapore, maybe I'm a little jaded, or just wasn't in the mood to watch yesterday, but it definitely gets my nomination for worst race ever.

Its hard this year to be objective seen as how bernie has knocked the bottom out of F1 with his stupid comments and artifical racing
Add the media crawling up his fundimental oriface and if enough people tell you its crap then you start look for the defects
It does spoil F1
I have to look for the positives or I have to look else where as a lot are

Last edited:
Guesswork and rumours which I hope is wrong, but I fear isn't. Honda just isn't making progress andhe won't fancy another year wonder how long before alonso goes also.

Ted was dropping some hints on his notebook thing on Sky that he think Jenson will be racing in a different series next year (or that is how I read it), but then suggested not full time...so that confused me.
Maybe he is a new co-host on Sky F1 next season too? :p

Back