Fabs' 365 for 2009.....Fin

Day 5

Day5.jpg

Not the greatest photo today, looks more like it was taken on a camera phone that an SLR, but hey!

Today was time to visit the clinic. As some here may know, I have MS and, as such, am prone to bouts of depression, so I am having a course of sessions with a psychologist at the rehab centre. Not been put on the pills quite yet though and it has been agreed that the best therapy for me is to get out and take photographs, so can't be all that bad eh! :D

Last edited:
if only I could get an NHS prescription for lenses!

You can but they don't do any frames that will fit your camera. ;)

Hmm, for me this is a personal journey. Well done for letting us so close to your life.

Day 6

Day6.jpg

"Dad, I'm bored, I want to go out!"

"Dad, it's cold, I want to come in"

He was driving my crazy. This was the one part of the day where he sat still more more than a few seconds and there was me, busy applying for jobs!

Gotta love him though, haven't ya! :D

Nice post fabs made me smile keep em coming :) Your day 5 pic is labelled as day 4 confused me ;)

Sean

Last edited:
As the others have said good start and good luck Marc (y)
I'd get bored ( read run out of ideas) after the first day :D

Still, Saturday's shouldn't be a problem. ;)
Yep you should get a few options, Marc, providing "everything" isn't hiding due to the weather :)

If I can come out in the cold weather then they can bloody well come out. I'll just poke 'em with me monopod! :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

My cat isn't like that, she knows its cold and would rather sit on the radiator all day! she only gets up to cooke the other side of her body every 20 mins! :LOL:

Day 7

Day7.jpg

First week over already and still going! :woot:

This evening is the first meeting of camera club since the Christmas break (I'm holding the club handbook in the pic, imaginative aren't I? :p) and I'm really looking forward to it. I've only been going since September but I really missed it over the last couple of weeks. This place is great, but it's also nice to be able to chat face to face with like minded people. Of course there are the TP meets as well, which I enjoy immensely (Looking forward to the zoo trip on Saturday!).

Tonight we are having a talk on the benefits of shooting RAW so could be interesting to hear what they say in comparison to the many posts on TP. ;)

www.marcfalber.com/365/365.htm

Last edited:
Is your camera club a bit "old fashioned?" :LOL: Only asking because it has a steam train on the front! ;)

Well done on completeting your first week!

Thanks Del. Actually they are pretty much all digital, the steam train is from a visit to a steam railway museum last year. I'm rather hoping next year's cover will be a little more contemporary (I'll see if I can arrange a little input there! ;))

I think somebody finished building a new steam loco last year, only £3M.
Hope you enjoy your meet, I must get along to a local club sometime.

Nice shots, I've never been to the local camera club here. They meet on thursdays when i'm always busy :(

Nice one fabs, have fun at the club and congrats on completing your first week.

Sean

Day 8

Day8.jpg

An early one today

One of the worse things about MS is not the physical limitations but more the emotional side of things. I can go through the full spectrum in quite a short space of time. This is something that I hope my sessions at the rehabilitaion centre can help me get through. It's also driving me on to start getting my act together as far as my photography is concerned, so from today I'm going to step up my efforts hopefully concentrate more as I have not been happy with my results for a while now.

Today's composite though is something I am quite happy with, and that's saying something as I normally hate photos of myself (Yes, I know I have a self portrait as my avatar!). I'm now thinking that you may see more self portraits than I had originally planned but don't worry, I won't torture you too much. ;)

www.marcfalber.com/365/365.htm

Fabs, just caught up with your whole thread so far and am now really looking forward to seeing what comes next. Keep it going. It's already very touching and I have great admiration for your work and your courage.

Back