Fabs' 365 for 2009.....Fin

Marc, that last one is truly fantastic and probably best shot I have seen you produce as it conveys so much even without the words.

Great stuff mate and I'm looking forward to seeing some more self portraits.

(y)

I'll watch these with interest Marc :) So far so good! And I'm with you on the cheap haircut front :D and that 4 shot image is just great!

Last edited:
That last set of shots is fantastic mate conveys every type of emotion, thanks you for giving us a peak into your life and looking forward to tomorrows shot.

Sean

Nice one, I wanted to do a triptych today, but 'she' only liked one pic lol. Have you thought of becoming an actor?

That last set of shots is fantastic mate conveys every type of emotion, thanks you for giving us a peak into your life and looking forward to tomorrows shot.

Sean

Thanks Sean. No pressure then? :LOL:

Nice one, I wanted to do a triptych today, but 'she' only liked one pic lol. Have you thought of becoming an actor?

Cheers. short answer to your question, No! :eek: :D

Just had a look through and I've got to say great start!

I also love the 4 emotions photo - good luck with your 365... I'll be checking back often (y)

Only just seen this thread for the first time Marc. The latest one stands way out from the others as it says so much more about you. You've expressed your feelings rather than just what you do and I love it because of that. I know nothing about MS so I hope I'm going to learn a lot about it and you over the next year.

Great choice for your profile pic too.

Only just seen this thread for the first time Marc. The latest one stands way out from the others as it says so much more about you. You've expressed your feelings rather than just what you do and I love it because of that. I know nothing about MS so I hope I'm going to learn a lot about it and you over the next year.

Great choice for your profile pic too.

Thanks Neil. I agree about the first seven if I'm honest, that's why I set myself the challenge of improving from today onwards. Just hope I haven't peaked to soon! :D

Is your camera club a bit "old fashioned?" :LOL: Only asking because it has a steam train on the front! ;)

For some reason all photography clubs are obsessed with steam trains. I've lost count of the times I've heard members, when shown a steam train photo, come out with preposterous remarks along the lines of "I say old chap, is that the Flying Haggis running on the Barfton to Fartwell line? I believe that's a 3 foot guage using a Preston Mortley type three engine with a modified bugger nut on the rear axel"

For some reason all photography clubs are obsessed with steam trains. I've lost count of the times I've heard members, when shown a steam train photo, come out with preposterous remarks along the lines of "I say old chap, is that the Flying Haggis running on the Barfton to Fartwell line? I believe that's a 3 foot guage using a Preston Mortley type three engine with a modified bugger nut on the rear axel"

Neil, you do that just a little too well! :cautious: :LOL:

Neil, you do that just a little too well! :cautious: :LOL:

The worst thing is out of maybe a hundred photos of steam trains at my club I'm yet to see more than a couple of decent photos. I suspect they get in too much of a fervour to hold the camera still. My club is in a community centre and there's actually a separate club that utilise the grounds for running a miniature steam train. There's more beard, corduroy and elbow pads than you can shake a stick at.

The worst thing is out of maybe a hundred photos of steam trains at my club I'm yet to see more than a couple of decent photos. I suspect they get in too much of a fervour to hold the camera still. My club is in a community centre and there's actually a separate club that utilise the grounds for running a miniature steam train. There's more beard, corduroy and elbow pads than you can shake a stick at.

My club arranged a trip to Quainton railway museum and hardly any of them were interested in actually taking photos.

My club arranged a trip to Quainton railway museum and hardly any of them were interested in actually taking photos.

I think you've summed up camera clubs in one sentence there. I'll drag mine kicking and screaming into the 21st century unless it kills me first though.

doin really well fab
looking forward to seeing more keep it up

Marc,

Really enjoying following this thread, and really like the picture split into 4 (reminds me of the old photo-booth pictures)

Keep at it :)

Chris

Day 3

Day3.jpg

Yes, I know I said I wouldn't subject you all to self portraits, but once in a while shouldn't do you too much lasting damage. :D

So, time for the monthly haircut. One advantage of losing your hair is it saves a fortune in barber costs! ;)

Hair Raising!

Marc you remind me of a famous actor!

Day 6

Day6.jpg

"Dad, I'm bored, I want to go out!"

"Dad, it's cold, I want to come in"

He was driving my crazy. This was the one part of the day where he sat still more more than a few seconds and there was me, busy applying for jobs!

Gotta love him though, haven't ya! :D

I often think the my cats employ me as a door attendant!

Like your Day 8 one....every picture tells a story eh?

Clive, if you mention hitchcock, I'll let your bus tyres down! :bat: :D

I was thinking of the actor who played Peter Sellers boss in the Pink Panther films!!

I'll get my coat!!

I was thinking of the actor who played Peter Sellers boss in the Pink Panther films!!

I'll get my coat!!

Ah, Herbert Lom.

I'm planning to visit the Leighton Buzzard Narrow Gauge Railway this year so we could have a meet up if you're interested.

Could be good. Stick a threat in meeting places nearer the time, should get some takers.

Day 9

Day9.jpg

Another self portrait today - Don't worry, off to the zoo tomorrow so I promise a nice cheery animal shot tomorrow! :D

The stick I'm holding is something that I don't need to use as much as I used to, but is still needed now and then. It's amazing how much different I feel with it in my hand, a different kind of low but not something I can easily explain. It often leads to me not using it when I should, TP meets being a prime example. I have enough to carry around without this as well. Of clourse this leads to a lot of staggering about due to poor balance and a lot of discomfort at the end of the day, but for me it can be worth it. I'm waffling a lot today, but this is something that has been playing on my mind.

So if we are at a meet and I'm looking a little unstable, please prop me up. :D

Last edited:
Back