Fancy trying MF? Travelling 6x6

Does everyone have the postal address of the person following them, if not might be worth prodding them for it rather than waiting for the last minute.

Don't forget there's still a few spaces on the list for any lurkers out there.

I'll bite, as a lurker - can you add me onto the list :) Happy with my 2 OM-10's, but MF seems like a new step in the right direction...

List updated

1. Mojo jojo
2. Food Poison
3. john-oh
4. blapto
5. ekimono
6. will69
7. morph
8. zeroeseight
9. Ben Mottram
10. Reddeathdrinker

Apologies for not PM'ing you back I got it the other day on my mobile but it's too much of a faff to reply that way.

if needed i could be a lurker. seems like some good fun.
although as somewhat of a "noob" to the forum i will understand if this restricts me of particapating

List updated

1. Mojo jojo
2. Food Poison
3. john-oh
4. blapto
5. ekimono
6. will69
7. morph
8. zeroeseight
9. Ben Mottram
10. Reddeathdrinker
11.Socttish Paul

Has the camera reached it's new foster carer yet? How have the first two of you got on with it?

if there are any space's left or someone drops out i would love to try this...

md(y)

not sure if i'm trustworthy :shrug: but ill say i am :naughty:

ps i only just seen this thread

md(y)

If you are going to try traditional photography using medium format film why not go the whole hog and develop your own films. We do; monochrom and colour.

You can get some interesting pictures if you scan the negatives and edit them in Adobe Photoshop.

Here are a few of ours we have on the website.

http://www.jennyandernie.co.uk/Film/Film 01.htm

Jenny

What's the latest?

Right then food poison, the camera should have been posted on the 25th. Where is it?

Right then food poison, the camera should have been posted on the 25th. Where is it?

I didn't receive it until 2 tuesdays ago, meaning I've had it just under 2 weeks. Sorry about the delay guys.
The frame is shot, but I've had computer troubles. Not knowing the password to my account on talkphotography, and not having access to email to do any kind of retrieve password, I've been unable to access my PM's to get the address. As it stands, the camera is in a box waiting to be posted.
Should be with John-Oh by wednesday.

I received the camera on the 23rd, btw. Meaning I should have posted it, if we'd have kept to the 1 week schedule, on the 30th. Jo had the camera for a few weeks, and I'm still in my 2 week period as she was. Hope it hasn't been to much of a problem.

Just because someone else had it two weeks doesn't hold any water with me mate. The deal is one week, shoot it or lose it. If people don't stick to the plan then this will drag on and peter out to nothing.

>>If people don't stick to the plan

I will see the camera somewhere around August 2012 :D

However, stuff happens... I am hoping for a real calm frosty/foggy morning when I get my hands on the beast so the delay is probably useful in one respect.

If Mr RedDeathDrinker would PM me his address, I can print up the labels etc. ready so that I can send the beast on without delay when the time (eventually :) ) arrives

B.

If Mr RedDeathDrinker would PM me his address, I can print up the labels etc. ready so that I can send the beast on without delay when the time (eventually :) ) arrives

Done :) - If ScottishPaul will PM me his address, I'll have it off as soon as I'm done... I'm aiming for a 2-day turnaround;)

Just got it, this morning.

I will be PMing foodpoison to ascertain the film wind situation.

if it says 3 then it's ready to go. If it says 2 you will need to wind it on. The frame number should correspond to your position on the list.

Ok, shot taken, film wound on, camera in the post to Martin (blapto).

There is a broken bit of plastic on the side - that's how I got it, doesn't look as if it will affect anything.

if it says 3 then it's ready to go. If it says 2 you will need to wind it on. The frame number should correspond to your position on the list.

That was the problem, it didn't say anything - wound it on to 3.

Good work John-oh, in and out in the same day.

Is the broken plastic bit the rectangle held on by a screw? If so I think that is where the lens cap would be stored if there was one.

Take a photo of the damage for us blapto if you'd be so kind.

I'm not after a witch hunt mate I just want to know what's broke. Might even have been me.

No accusations meant...

Yes, it was the bit of plastic on the side - looked like it was screwed on.

You realise when this is finished we will have spent about 10 times what the camera is worth on postage ? :LOL:

And it's here!

There is a bit of damage to it, the hatch for where you store the lens cap has a bit of plastic broken off.

I'll take a photo of it over the weekend to post up here. The photo-taking capabilities of the camera aren't compromised at all, the damage doesn't look like it would cause any light leaks.

I'll try to get my photo taken as soon as, and then I'll post it off to ekimeno. I already have his address.

Right, so something has gone awry.

I've got the camera, ready to post it off. When it got to me it had the arrow in the film number window, so I flipped that back, and there was no number in the window. Rolled on, and I got to 6. I was meant to be 4.

I propose that I take the current roll out, get it processed and scanned and send it off to Kevin, and replace that with a new roll as something has gone wrong along the way. I don't think we should point fingers, it's easy to mess things up with a strange camera.

I've got a load of B&W film in my desk at work, so I can put some more ISO 400 in there. I've got HP5 Plus sat here, if that's what's in there right now.

Once I've got some guidance on this I'll get it sorted. I'm not fussed at all about the cost, I'll probably dev it myself so that won't cost anything, and I've got loads of film knocking about.

Only 9 of the 12 places have been taken. Maybe just continue as there should be enough frames left for those who have signed up?

Back