Critique Few from Alvor, Portugal

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Here's a few from Alvor in Portugal. Let me know your thoughts. Anything technically wrong etc let me know. Only way to learn! :)

1. View from our balcony using my 300mm lens

Windfarm Sunset by Simon Geary, on Flickr

2. Slow shutter using ND filter with my tripod sinking into the sand as it got hit by water.

Calm Rocks by Simon Geary, on Flickr

3. Grabbed this as we came in from a boat trip.

Sun Setting over the Harbour by Simon Geary, on Flickr

4. Saw this photo and managed to get a good shot. Ideally would of liked to hang around on the boat for the sun to be a bit lower but i wasn't in control of the boat so you get what your given don't you.

Boat detail by Simon Geary, on Flickr

5. Spotted this guy on the break water looking out to see as we sailed out to see and it made a great shot i thought.

Thinking Man by Simon Geary, on Flickr

agree e with all the above, especially no.2, a bit of the bottom transforms it.

I would crop in heavily on the pot belly guy in the last one, great image.

Hi Simon,

The simplicity of #2 makes for a quite fantastic image IMO. Maybe a tad off the bottom so it isnt so central.
If i purchased "art" that is something i would certainly have hanging from my walls.

Love it.

Thanks that means a lot!

I will have a look at that tonight at cropping a bit more off the bottom. Theres a few more of the beach and rocks on my flickr account now which i will hopefully post later.

agree e with all the above, especially no.2, a bit of the bottom transforms it.

I would crop in heavily on the pot belly guy in the last one, great image.

Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately its already heavily cropped as i was at 300mm on my zoom lens already. Plus i didnt want to crop out the light house as gives more context on where he is. But i will take a look tonight and see how it looks.

Back