Film Showcase Thread Update - Week 16

TheBigYin

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Week 16 - 23rd April to 29th April

I'm afraid I'm being awfully indecisive this week - quite a few to choose from, and with only a couple of few nominations from anyone else, I've just had a trawl through myself and spotted a few stunners. So, in no particular order, here's this weeks highlights...

We've this stunningly warm feeling image of the Sze Ya Temple from @Sectionate - a lovely image Nick.

14039716375_a2ab01a0c8_b.jpg

Originally posted here

Nexk from @Kevin Allan we have this classic architectural shot of the British Museum - I was actually torn between this and the B&W detail shot, but in the end just had to go for the "broad vista"

2009-june-t70-17mm-fuji-800z-british-museum-25-jpg.10287

Originally seen here

and finally, it'd have been remiss of me not to mention the wonderful B&W set from @Southdowns shot at Cragside - to be honest I could have happily nominated any of Mark's shots from this thread, but as I've a bit of a fondness for still life type shots, I had to go for the first shot in the set.

14003492726_7fd88c0403_b.jpg

Originally posted here

(and I really do recommend checking out the entire set here, it's got me seriously thinking of a trip up there myself...)

...and to be honest, this week I could probably have dropped another 2-3 shots in here - looks like we had a bit of a purple patch folks :)

For the Full Showcase Thread 2014 - please click HERE and for even more Film loveliness, follow the link in the 2013 thread for the previous years version...

Last edited:
Some excellent frames there from Nick, Mark and Kevin, and a whole thread of wonderful shots in the link to the 2014 Showcase. Can't understand how I've missed this thread - Glad it's now getting the "exposure" (pun intended) it deserves...

It'd be good if one or two more people could get a nomination in for this week - I know we've lost a little time maybe with the BH, so if it'll help I'll hang on 'till thursday to post a result - but it's still 29/4 to 5/5 dated images I'm looking for at the moment.

cheers folks.

Back