Fuji x100

is there a way to change the colour of the focus peaking on the X100s (I'm guess not)? White seems like a daft colour to me and it was always bright green on my 5d running magic lantern.

raw files ... are great all the way to iso 6400.

AFAIK the the X100 only goes up to 1600ISO the 3200/6400 option is just a 1600ISO with +1 or 2 stops in the JPEG processing. A 6400 ISO RAW is just a 2 stop underexposed at 1600ISO.

Does anyone here use the VSCO (04 so slide film) profiles for the X100 or X100s? I'm wondering if its worth a look compared to Alienskin Exposure 4 (which I love but I'd prefer something inside of LR4).

Does anyone here use the VSCO (04 so slide film) profiles for the X100 or X100s? I'm wondering if its worth a look compared to Alienskin Exposure 4 (which I love but I'd prefer something inside of LR4).

Yup, been using it for past 6 months, still enjoy it. Few examples for you.

20130912-DSCF5972.jpg

20130912-DSCF5940.jpg

20130912-DSCF5871.jpg

Yep - I'm using it quiet a lot for my x100s with tweaks

Just ordered a hood/filter adaptor, a cable release, spare battery, a 10 stop nd filter and an IR filter for the X100. Its going to be fun but if theres anything I shoud know in advance that will save me endless amounts of frustration it would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have any case recommendations for the X100s that isn't a half / ever ready type? It doesn't suit what mine will be used for (i.e. it'll get trashed like that).
Thanks.

looking around the used/refurb places it looking about £300ish difference between the X100 and the 'S'; worth the extra?

Is slightly better IQ, menu system and improved AF in decent light worth twice the price. If not, no.

Bought an X100 today, can't wait for it to arrive! Came with a few extras too which should stop me having to buy them. Official Fuji case, 3 batteries, lens hoods, genuine thumbs up and soft release... excited is not the word!

Does anyone have any case recommendations for the X100s that isn't a half / ever ready type? It doesn't suit what mine will be used for (i.e. it'll get trashed like that).
Thanks.
Notice you are climbing in your photo. I've done quite a bit of climbing/scrambling with my X100s and have found a Kata pouch to be ideal. Bought it brand new on ebay about a year ago for a fiver. It's the Kata Macro KB and its a neoprene type pouch that will the X100s, a spare card and two spare batteries. It's very protective and can be worn on a belt but I usually hang it around my neck with a thin piece of cord so it is easily accessible but out of the way. This is fine on easy climbs and scrambles; last year I did the Cuillin Ridge on Skye using this set up.

Yes, its not likely to come on the majority of routes with me/us though (the S95 sometimes proves too heavy / big to justify even at its small size), it's more that it'll likely be thrown in a pack to various places (where I can't justify a DSLR).

The Manfrotto Nano VI pouch also looks like a good contender (cheap too).

I'm currently deciding whether or not to shoot an event on sat with the X100s or the 5dII. The former will sync way faster with my wireless flash triggers and with the built in ND I can shoot wide open. However, I've not had time to test this setup and I'd be learning on the fly (I also loose remote power adjustment).

With the 5dII I'll be syncing at 1/160 (slllooowwww) but retain all control of power levels etc.

Decisions decisions.

Wahey. I'm joining the x100s owners club. Just ordered mine from the Fuji refurb shop with the 10% discount code and got the leather case and a memory card for less than £750 delivered. Can't wait!

Have ordered an x100s from digitalrev - tracking it now - due after the weekend! This is in addition to Nikon 600 and 7100 - both a bit heavy to carry everywhere - it seems when I do take them with me I take the wrong body ! and/or the wrong lens - Sooooooooooooo - the idea is always take the Fuji and when i'm expecting to take images one or other of the Nikons. Any other Nikon users doing the same . ?

Have ordered an x100s from digitalrev - tracking it now - due after the weekend! This is in addition to Nikon 600 and 7100 - both a bit heavy to carry everywhere - it seems when I do take them with me I take the wrong body ! and/or the wrong lens - Sooooooooooooo - the idea is always take the Fuji and when i'm expecting to take images one or other of the Nikons. Any other Nikon users doing the same . ?

Not me. If I take the X100 it's always the only thing I carry. It's extremely capable...just ordered the X-T1 though...

Me!

Back