H Lehmann Ltd

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there.

2 weeks ago I emailed someone at this company about a fault with my camera and they said just send it in and we'll check it over. So last week I sent it.

I have not yet heard from the company, I can't ring them as it's ALWAYS engaged and their web enquiry form doesn't work.

This company hasn't been credit crunched has it?

Getting a little worried now as I can't afford to replace the camera, yet I have a job coming up in a couple of weeks :(

Just rang the number and got straight through.

Looks as though they are still around

I rang
01782 413611

Thanks for trying.

For some reason it's always engaged from our work phone.

I've emailed an address I found on the site and have had a reply so thats good.

Unfortunatley the estimate is quite pricey :(

When i sent mind in to a different company they didnt let me know that they had got it or how long it would be, i had to ring them after a week of it being gone to find out. Mines been in since i think it was the 2nd april, and its expected back in the next few days/ next week, so a fair time.

When i sent mind in to a different company they didnt let me know that they had got it or how long it would be, i had to ring them after a week of it being gone to find out. Mines been in since i think it was the 2nd april, and its expected back in the next few days/ next week, so a fair time.

That's pretty shoddy.

I recently sold a damaged Canon 70-200 F4 and sent it direct to Lehmanns, they then sent the buyer the bill and shipped it off to him repaired all in the same week, so that was excellent service.

Hence why I sent them my camera ;)

If it get's to me before Friday i'll be very happy :) :)

I have used them about 5 times now. Very good service and turn around. Esp if you're a Canon CPS member

My 40D is with them at the moment, I have contacted them twice - the initial contact and a recent progress check.
Both times my email (Address off their website) was answered by Don within 24 hours

They had my 500mm for over a month, it just needed an internal clean. Neither myself nor my local camera dealer could contact them, except by passing messages through their courier! One day it just reappeared, all sorted thank God. A couple of years ago though they rebuilt my 30D after it took a fall onto a concrete floor and all sorted in a few weeks with email updates.
They seem a bit hit and miss to me. I wont use them again.

They have a lens of mine at the moment, I got an acknowledgment through the post a few days after sending it to them, along with a guaranteed return date. The data is in June so im glad I don't use the lens!

Edit: Forgot to say they received it 06/04

I'd just like to add that I have actually been there. Its quite an old factory where it is. Ran by much older men and women. Quite a traddional business feel.
Again, can't fault them but I haven't had any bad experiences yet.

My 18 / 200mm lost auto focus 3 weeks ago sent it to Lehmann’s after an estimate of £160 had been quoted, I had a letter today listing repairs done and Nikon parts used, further requesting a cheque for £162, lens to be dispatched on receipt that seems pretty good to me?
A while back I sent my CP5700 for repair, it was about 3 yrs old at the time, they told me it was a manufacture fault, and they fitted a new chip, cleaned and serviced it, and returned it to me, all free of charge. They could have said nothing I would have been none the wiser. It goes without saying I can’t fault them.

Back