Homeless Holga: Formerly "Anyone fancy trying something daft ???"

Nice one Pete, it's a great little project and everyone has been really up for this challenge, it's great it's continuing and I'm still looking forward to taking my 4 shots.

As others have said I hope Helga does turn up, particularly for those that have already taken shots, but even better if we end up with Holga twins traveling the country.

don't forget to put the 'lost' claim in against RM ... they are a real ball ache to claim against, but do pay up if you are consistent, and persistent !

Well I'm still rarin' to go with either Helga (oooer) or even both (ooo-flippin'er).

Andy

Well now here's a little Christmas cheer, Helga arrived at my house this morning, in one piece and ready for action....

Andy

the original ?? complete with the bodged filter fixing ring, cheapo lens cap with black drinking straw fastened to it with gaffa tape ??? and with all the films (and the roll still loaded) ????

if so - Wooo HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Apparently the original, although it arrived after I left for work so the wife opened it. But it has the note in it and 4(?) films so it looks to be the one and only original.

Andy

Yay! Good old Royal Mail (kind of, at least it turned up in the end!). Looks like we will get to see that second roll's pictures after all.

Hi

Andy's wife here! The box has 4 films in it and the original spreadsheet with a few messages scrawled on it! The camera is a Holga 120GN.

I'm no expert (I'm not even an amateur!) but it looks like the lens cap is missing. No drinking straw either! There's loads of black gaffa tape holding it together and a label stuck to the back, part of an Ilford film box, with a key of some sort written on it. However, I can't tell whether there's a film in it.

Hope this helps!

Janet

should look like this

Holga - with filter mount. by The Big Yin, on Flickr

but with more gaffa tape :LOL: - there's a metal ring around the front of the lens with a thread on it - that's a non-original bodge of mine, which should say something like 52-58mm in white lettering on black ?

Hi Mark

Yes, black ring around the lens with 52-58 written on it in white. Plenty of gaffa tape. Looks like your original!

I'm sure Andy will provide another update later once he's got his mitts on it!

Janet

Wonderful - that's my best Christmas present this year I reckon - thank you very much for your time Janet, much appreciated I can assure you :)

I now have Helga in my sweaty little hands, she's cheap and a little bit dirty just how I like 'em.

Chances are I won't be able to do much until Christmas so I'll send her onward and upward in the New Year.

Cheers

Andy

I'm not surprised by any of this. Last week I received a letter addressed to Mrs P Beaumont, 123 New Pool Road, Cradley [no post code or anything else]. The only part of that address they got right in delivering it to me was 123 and Road. Not Cradley and my road is nothing like New Pool. I've re-addressed it to Cradley Heath which has a 123 New Pool Road and sent it on its way.

I now have Helga in my sweaty little hands, she's cheap and a little bit dirty just how I like 'em.

Chances are I won't be able to do much until Christmas so I'll send her onward and upward in the New Year.

Cheers

Andy

I was going to say that Andy - seems crazy to entrust anything to the pre-crimble postal system.

I suggest that from now on we don't entrust it to Royal Mail at all and Helga should only be passed on in person.

I suggest that from now on we don't entrust it to Royal Mail at all and Helga should only be passed on in person.

:LOL: sort it out yourselves people - though I should remind you, that the rota was pretty much designed to ensure that nobody was anywhere near the person before or after them...

Edit: a quick experiment in multimap reckons that according to the remaining postcodes Helga's got another 1862.5 miles to travel between our respective homes...

woohoo !!! great news ! :D

Ditto on the Great news front - I'm really looking forward to meeting and greeting the famous Helga

Well now here's a little Christmas cheer, Helga arrived at my house this morning, in one piece and ready for action....

Andy

thats summat of a record for crap delivery time even by royal mail standards - but at least she's there :clap:

btw it'll be the original :D because my ebay purchase hasnt turned up with me yet :crying: - 'king royal snail (grumble grumble burp)

I figure if/when helga 2 does arrive Ill hang on to her as a fall back in case helga 1 goes missing in transit further round.

also you'll notice that the bodged lens cap is missing - thats because its still on my desk :bang:

Right Andy, think it might be time to get this thread back on the rails, when you're ready mate (y)

No probs Mark, I have plans for next weekend and then posting upward and onward on the monday or tuesday after.

Andy

She's got a fairly full schedule for a while Mel...

Travelling_Holga_2.jpg

Currently with Andy (9) of 20 - and started on her rounds early Summer Last year...

I'm off to shoot with Helga,
The wonderful camera of us.

Sung to the tune of 'I'm off to see the wizard' :D

Andy

OK, a small puzzlement has arisen. I could not see a number through the red window, didn't want to move it on in case I didn't then get the double exposure so took the shot. I then wound on and number 9 appeared, should have been 12. :thinking:
Anyway, I decided to carry on and finish the film so there are actually 4 of my shots on this film and there will be 2 more on the next.

Andy

well i definitely took 4 shots - i suppose its possible that i didnt wind on properly and mine will turn out to be a quadruple exposure

either that or the film's unwound and come loose inside the camera while it was bouncing around in a post office depot in deepest Devon.... Either way, it'll be interesting to see what comes out...

OK guys Helga is packaged up and ready to move on. I've also wrapped up the finished film and will forward it onto Mark when I go to the PO on monday.

Cheers

Andy

Cheers Andy - looks like ped's next on the list...

Travelling_Holga_2.jpg

Incidentally, if there's any of you who may have changed addresses recently, might just be worth firing me a PM with a up to date location...

second film's arrived - a nice roll of HP5+ - I'll have a go with the chemistry set tomorrow If the chemicals aren't like mud, and if I can remember how! (Hey - it's been a while!!) Updates as and when...

Well - the film's been souped - theres images on there, though there's a certain degree of overlap, where the film has rolled/unrolled/backlashed while in the post... Scanning could be "interesting" - i'll have a look tomorrow when it's dried properly, and post images in the "images thread" for people to claim (joint) ownership on :LOL:

Back