iPhone 5S/C and iOS7

iPad is now running OTA and has dropped from 24 hours to 3 hours. I really really want to do my phone (yes I've gone completely to the dark side) but don't want a brick...

Well my iPhone 4S has downloaded the update but can't install it because it can't be verified.

All sounds rather painful...just as it ever is on download day :cautious:

iPhone is done (it's beautiful), iPad and iPod are nearing completion (hopefully).

ipad progress bar is at least moving now, which was an improvement on before. maybe by the time iOS 8 comes around it'll be downloaded...

iPhone & Ipad done, after a couple of hiccups-looks slick.

Hmmmm weird. The usual error message when trying to update my iPad, then.... iOS 6.1.3 Your software is up to date. Have they pulled it for some reason?

Last edited:
iPhone update is now downloading through iTunes at a more acceptable rate and is estimating 30 minutes remaining. (on my broadband that works out about right) I'm guessing the geek rush is now coming to an end and the load on the servers is decreasing.

iPhone update is now downloading through iTunes at a more acceptable rate and is estimating 30 minutes remaining. (on my broadband that works out about right) I'm guessing the geek rush is now coming to an end and the load on the servers is decreasing.

global traffic is still over double..

my iphone just went from 26 mins to 5 hours lol

nope, iphone still picking it up (albeit keeps failing)

I don't understand that then. I have it on my iPhone but it still won't install. On the iPad it was downloading, now doesn't even see it as mentioned. :thinking:

After what seemed like an eternity . . .

Skeleton2_zpsd0b3d6ad.jpg

. . . I finally now have iOS7 up and running on my iPad 2. However, I think the toy-like Fisher-Price look may be an acquired taste . . . especially when I was hoping it would look something like this, the Star Trek LCARS interface . . .

ss-lcars.jpg

:D

Last edited:
I really like the look. Apps that aren't updated look properly out of place though, both the icons and the UI itself.

I've managed to get the iPhone one to download but now iTunes is just "connecting to store". I do hope that if it fails it doesn't try to redownload the whole package again o.0

Downloaded and installed on ipad mini. Really wish I hadn't. New system font is unreadable and giving me blurred vision. Genuinely struggling with using apps like hootsuite. This one is ok as it is using the old font.

Turned all the motion crap off. New icons are just nasty.

Can't change the font in hootsuite and really struggling to read even if I turn font size up. Still gives me problems.

Text based buttons are awful.

I've turned on invert colours for the moment, until I can get a dark ish keyboard again and maybe some contrast on safari.

Apple have over done it with the white, it's burning my eyes :LOL:

My iPhone is now updating. Major fingers crossed moment!

Gave up with iTunes. Wife's 4 is now updated but I'm still pratting about with my 5. This wasn't part the of plan.

I'm about to give up with the iPad mini OTA - it's jumped back to 22 hours. If I can be faffed after the iphone is done (just over halfway installed now) I'll whip the iPad mini into the computer, otherwise it'll be getting done tomorrow.

I've turned on invert colours for the moment, until I can get a dark ish keyboard again and maybe some contrast on safari. Apple have over done it with the white, it's burning my eyes :LOL:

Its awful on a mini. Genuinely painful to even look at the screen. Won't be installing on the phone until it's fixed. Its so bad I don't want to use the ipad at all now.

try turning airplane mode on and off, that gave mine a kick :)

that knackered it completely! not to worry though, I was going to cancel.

iPhone looks to be about done and hasn't blown up so far, so might get the mini going soon via iTunes.

that knackered it completely! not to worry though, I was going to cancel.

iPhone looks to be about done and hasn't blown up so far, so might get the mini going soon via iTunes.

doh.. that kinda paused and resumed mine at a better speed :D

on another note, i really dont get people whining about this update process and the update itself..

people complaining about the speed of downloads and verification/activation... "apple should be prepared for high traffic". really? the ENTIRE INTERNET is running at twice capacity. the WHOLE GLOBE is using over double the normal bandwidth.

people complaining about the look of the update... really? you didnt look at any preview/article online before pressing install?

people complaining about the look of the update... really? you didnt look at any preview/article online before pressing install?

Must of missed the previews and betas somehow

or ignored them

or didn't understand

or....

:thinking:

About 2 hours :(

iPhone 4 is done and was a very smooth process. The OS "updated" but kept all of my settings, apps, wallpaper etc which I was quite impressed about. Reasonably smooth after the initial few minutes. The control centre's flashlight button is instant and means I can dump the app I'd downloaded for it now (thank god).

Now trying to do the iPad on the computer and just flat out getting access denied errors. Looking forward to it as the parallax effect is something I've looked forward to most (sad I know).

FWIW I'm not complaining at all, I'm well aware no-one in the world (not even Google) could have enough computing power to cope with this update.

Last edited:
Found I'd got an all black photo to use as wall paper. Helps massively with look of home screen. Icons don't look as cheap and trashy on a black background. Takes some of the eye burn away too.

Turned on up contrast setting. Screen brightness on absolute minimum. It's about tolerable.

Some features like cloud saved passwords etc are so useful not installing an update no matter how naff it looks isn't an option.

Back