iPhone 5S/C and iOS7

You can also delete the favourites by swiping left instead of doing it through the edit button. Quicker that way.

ios7-beta2-safari-bm.jpg

Edit button bottom right?

Sorted now, cleared EVERTHING out of safari, and the reloaded back from iCloud and all is working correctly, I now have an edit button

image_zps95f191d5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorted now, cleared EVERTHING out of safari, and the reloaded back from iCloud and all is working correctly, I now have an edit button.

As I said, there is a quicker way of deleting than using the edit button.

Anyone experiencing issues with safari? Specifically on the iPad mini when typing in forms or to post on here it is hideously laggy. Press a letter and about 10 seconds later the letter appears on screen.

Restarted iPad and it was ok for a few minutes but its now back.

Anyone experiencing issues with safari? Specifically on the iPad mini when typing in forms or to post on here it is hideously laggy. Press a letter and about 10 seconds later the letter appears on screen.

Just downgraded the iPad mini to 6.1.3 :crying:

It would have been easier to use another browser surely? I dumped safari ages ago because the buttons are all in the wrong place.

That's my issue then, there is no edit on my ipad :thinking:

There is on mine, are you looking in the right place?

Touch the book icon to the right of the address/search bar, and edit is at the bottom on the right.

Last edited:

iPad 4, Safari is noticeably faster than it used to be. Everything is snappy and quick.

iPad 4, Safari is noticeably faster than it used to be. Everything is snappy and quick.

I did notice this when I tried to reproduce bl0at3r's problem. If it just allowed you to place the toolbar at the bottom of the screen I'd be sold on it.

How long will it take me before I remember the bookmarks icon is now on the right and not the left of the address bar. :bang::bang:

Change just for change sake gets right on my *****

I did notice this when I tried to reproduce bl0at3r's problem. If it just allowed you to place the toolbar at the bottom of the screen I'd be sold on it.

Another improvement found, I often had problems with some sites freezing (one was Gumtree), it appeared to be some sort of JavaScript problem as turning off Java in settings stopped it happening. The problem now seems to have gone away.

Outrageous - stayed up til midnight to order new iPhone (expecting it to be in stock on launch day and shipped immediately) - nope, delivery 8th October ! So I am basically pre-ordering the thing on launch day! WTF Apple?

The fact that they didnt allow pre-orders showed that they have hardly any stock, I'm not surprised that the lead time is 7-10+ days.

Your best chance was at a store this time round.

Well, I'm struggling to convince myself to upgrade now that Three spread the upfront costs over the monthly. When I bought the 4S I could pay more up front and keep the monthly payments down - now it's £99 upfront and an eye watering £51/month for the 64GB. Was going to go with the 32GB, but that's still £46/month (£10 more than I currently pay... for my 64GB 4S).

Upgrade: £99 + (24 * 46) = £1,203
Buy it: £629 + (24 * 12.9) = £938

That's for the 32GB.

Might just downgrade my contract to the £12.90 deal when it expires in November. This time next year I might be in a better position to drop the £600+ up front.

Somebody found a slight "feature" where you could access, tweet and email photos on a locked device :)
Yeah, does that affect all devices? Because as mentioned I think the 7.0.1 update is for the new phones only. We can probably expect another update for all devices at some point.

32Gb 5s ordered through Apple as dropping down to a £17 a month tariff will save me around £100 over 2 years

The fix is simple. Turn off access to control centre from a locked screen.

First thing I did. I don't want anything available from a locked screen.

There was also an issue with Siri being available from the lock screen too.

I'd like some option that would allow a different passcode setting when you're in your home wifi network.

Apparently my local Apple store sold out their 5S within an hour this morning and the business team cant get me one any quicker either. They estimated early October. :(

I've upgraded my 4S to iOS7 and the battery is dying rapidly. A 20% charge might've lasted me till I went home (maybe 4 hours) if I did nothing. Currently that 20% goes down to 10% in 30 mins and then the phone shuts off, rather than shutting off at 1%.

Anyone else had this issue?

I've upgraded my 4S to iOS7 and the battery is dying rapidly. A 20% charge might've lasted me till I went home (maybe 4 hours) if I did nothing. Currently that 20% goes down to 10% in 30 mins and then the phone shuts off, rather than shutting off at 1%.

It'll probably be background app updating or location service thingies that ios7 turns back on that you want to turn off.

If a 20% charge only last a couple of hours if you do precisely nothing with the phone then either your settings are skew whiff or the battery is knackered...

Unplugged mine at 7am yesterday, currently at 63%

I deactivated background updating and have taken off location services for almost everything except maps.

The battery is fine. Four hours is probably an underestimate - I'll notice it's at 20% at say 3pm and then will drive home and leave it plugged in. I've had the phone stay on power for about 6 hours IIRC overnight with 20% to start with. It's only happened since upgrading to iOS7 and I was on iOS5 prior to update.

Guess the wait is on now, ordered a 64gb slate this morning but need to wait for delivery date

First thing I did. I don't want anything available from a locked screen.

There was also an issue with Siri being available from the lock screen too.

I'd like some option that would allow a different passcode setting when you're in your home wifi network.

The problem with that is you're depriving yourself of the ability to turn on your phone's torch almost immediately and also losing the ability to play/pause music at the lock screen. Apple just needs to fix the feature so you can't do anything destructive without unlocking the phone; but their track record in this area isn't great (iOS 6 can still be forced to make a call through voice dialing and a sim tray trick).

battery life on my devices has remained the same as it was, in particular still getting excellent mileage out of my iPhone 4.

The iphone has also let me update apps now, but the pad still thinks nothing needs updating...

The problem with that is you're depriving yourself of the ability to turn on your phone's torch almost immediately and also losing the ability to play/pause music at the lock screen.

Never used either. Don't play music on the phone so it's a non issue. None of the things I've turned off I ever used anyway or would use. Never used my N8 as a torch so not using an iphone as one is no problem :)

The only function I need to work from the lock screen is to be able to answer a call. Nothing else really matters.

Never used either. Don't play music on the phone so it's a non issue. None of the things I've turned off I ever used anyway or would use. Never used my N8 as a torch so not using an iphone as one is no problem :)

The only function I need to work from the lock screen is to be able to answer a call. Nothing else really matters.

I am on a train just now (with my pad tethered to my iPhone :cool:) and have realised you actually don't need to swipe up control centre to pause a song playing. The controls just appear automatically when you wake up an iPhone which is playing music, which is a nice touch and makes a lot of sense.

You live, you learn!

Last edited:
Anyone had any problems with iPhone after update regarding there sim. My sons says sim failure and phone won't work until it gets turned off & on again.

Apparently my local Apple store sold out their 5S within an hour this morning and the business team cant get me one any quicker either. They estimated early October. :(

I was outside the O2 shop this morning and they had no stock! Went to phones 4u and they only had 1 5s 16Gb (space grey) in stock and I was their first customer, and even Vodafone didn't have any gold 16 Gb's.

I spent the rest of the morning trying to get through to O2 customer support to tell them where to stick my 10 years of loyal support. Giffgaff and a 4s is my future until the 6 comes out.

O2 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Phones 4u :thumbsdown:but a (y) for the coffee they bought me from Gregs
Vodaphone :thumbsdown:

Ordered online this morning after there website said they would have no stock and had a text to say it would be here Monday and a text option to reschedule if inconvenient so it's now coming Tuesday, no complaints with o2 here, just read the info on the website.

Back