Is It Me?

Stop talking about cars and back to slating each other...... I was enjoying up untill the auto forum started.

Now...... about Joe and his books on candles........

Who let you out of the business section? You'll be getting a nosebleed :)

• are there some argumentative buggers on this forum? Yes
  • do some people simply look for an argument when there isn't one? It can appear that way
  • are there some folks who disagree just for the sake of proving they can type in English? Que?
  • are there some really bad tempered arsey sods in here? bad tempered sods and arsey sod, yes. bad tempered arsey sods, maybe
  • are there some who simply refuse point blank to see anothers point of view? probably
  • are there several members who believe that any other way is wrong and you deserve derision and being locked in the stocks and have cabbages thrown at your head? i get that impression

it's a funny old place, the internet :D

There's also a raging clique, and if you're not part of it, you get very little help. It also helps if you're female, I've noticed that ladies get far more replies to posts they make. :(

• are there some argumentative buggers on this forum? Yes
  • do some people simply look for an argument when there isn't one? It can appear that way
  • are there some folks who disagree just for the sake of proving they can type in English? Que?
  • are there some really bad tempered arsey sods in here? bad tempered sods and arsey sod, yes. bad tempered arsey sods, maybe
  • are there some who simply refuse point blank to see anothers point of view? probably
  • are there several members who believe that any other way is wrong and you deserve derision and being locked in the stocks and have cabbages thrown at your head? i get that impression

it's a funny old place, the internet :D

:LOL: Now you've just made me see the better side.

Dont take it so personally Jay. It's only an internet forum

I'm not really taking it personal like, I'm just a little annoyed that on 3 recent occasions I've asked for critique, or C + C anyway, and received absoloutely nothing. I'm very much an ungifted amateur and need all the help I can get! I have no idea whether my photos are good, bad, indifferent or totally rubbish, not a clue.

The clique claim is frequent here Jay and the regular response from more committed TP members is to get more involved as they're not a bad crowd. You'll find that posting a comment on someone's photos will be reciprocated (whether you learn from it is another matter though ;) )

The clique claim is frequent here Jay and the regular response from more committed TP members is to get more involved as they're not a bad crowd. You'll find that posting a comment on someone's photos will be reciprocated (whether you learn from it is another matter though ;) )
I post non stop on other photos and regularly go to the unanswered posts bit. Even if I can't give some constructive C + C I can at least say what I liked about a photo. My stats show over 8 posts a day, that's pretty high.
Some commited members like you to get involved so long as your opinion doesn't differ.

This forum is mild compared to some I've used in the past, admittedly they were not photography forums.
There are some miserable gits here but that is mirrored in life and at least here you can ignore them :).
As has been mentioned, if you are genuinely offended by a member then use the RTM facility. You will find that the mods act very quickly.
If you stick with it, and it really is worth doing so, you will gain far more than you would by not visiting. There are some very very talented and knowledgable folk who are kind enough to share both their time and experience which can't be a bad thing.

Andy

I post non stop on other photos and regularly go to the unanswered posts bit. Even if I can't give some constructive C + C I can at least say what I liked about a photo. My stats show over 8 posts a day, that's pretty high.
I used to comment more in the past and go through that unanswered posts list too, but for one reason and another dont bother too much now. Neither am I too bothered by the lack of response to my own photos (I just assume that they are outstandingly average and not worth praise or input :D) There were a couple of threads around the same time last summer questioning the validity of C&C (in the forum discussion bit I think) and asking what posters wanted from it. I cant remember the outcome, but nothings really changed since their conception :shrug:

Out of interest, what other forums are there.. Photographers.co.uk is as busy as a Hermits dating agency. Another I looked hardly any one posts...... 3 a week

School photopro was great but in the end it was bugging members about accreditation. which is a waste of time.

Event photography is a good one.

most are like camera club members.

chatphotography.com any good? Is there any other faily busy sites?

Internet forums are easy once you know when to turn your PC off ;)

NO THEY DON'T!!! are you looking for a argument :D
not me gov :exit: :D

That's not quite true....
sometimes it's good to keep one or two around though. there is a cracking example of a climbdown from someone after riding their high horse through a thread today ... i think it's a good example, others might think it is 'not so good' while another might think it is 'rubbish' :D

Done it again, What's the matter with people? Are they just looking for an argument?
I gave MY opinion on a couple of shots, Someone else pops up "can't agree with that, you're looking at it wrong", I mean WTAF?

JayD said:
Done it again, What's the matter with people? Are they just looking for an argument?
I gave MY opinion on a couple of shots, Someone else pops up "can't agree with that, you're looking at it wrong", I mean WTAF?

I looked at said responses to see what was said and I honestly don't think there's a problem with what you or they said. They respectfully disagreed and gave their opinion of the image. There's nothing personal, or argumentative about that.

(Please don't read this as argumentative, it's honestly not :) )

I looked at said responses to see what was said and I honestly don't think there's a problem with what you or they said. They respectfully disagreed and gave their opinion of the image. There's nothing personal, or argumentative about that.

(Please don't read this as argumentative, it's honestly not :) )

:plus1:

Heather

Just read that thread.....the other guy comes across as quite respectful tbh, and was just referencing your post rather than having a pop at you.

You on the other hand, come across as being very touchy, and your second post in that thread wasn't needed at all. He wasn't argumentative in the slightest, but you were. It's something you've done in a few threads iirc, so to answer your OP, yes I think it is a lot to do with you. Or rather, it's how/what you type on the forums.

People are definitely going to disagree with you on here from time to time.....it's healthy, and can be very helpful. Might as well get used to it, or your time here could be rather bumpy!! ;)

Tbh I too have just read what was put and I can't see anything wrong in his answer to you. I think you may be reading more into it than there is.

Not read the whole thread but this forum is full of them and some get away with it whilst others get suspended for what appears to be not much.

Not read the whole thread but this forum is full of them and some get away with it whilst others get suspended for what appears to be not much.

What you may well be seeing is the "straw that broke the camels back"
No matter what some people think, we don't ban or suspend people for fun or sport.
We have guidelines & rules to follow too ;)

There's also a raging clique, and if you're not part of it, you get very little help.
Its a fact of life that "groups" do form within certain forums,
as people get to know one another.
And maybe you are just too damned good and other think that you don't need
any help? :)

It also helps if you're female, I've noticed that ladies get far more replies to posts they make. :(

Again I guess that's another fact of life on all types of forums.
A sex change Op may seem a little extreme right now,
but maybe you would consider it?
:D

Worked for you, 'Tine?

Back