JD's 365.

Day 262

3935203206_4fc4ccb8ce_o.jpg

A usual Saturday, shopping with Gran. Then spent the rest of the morning trying to talk my self out of buying a new lens. I Fail.

Had originally intended to buy a Sigma 30mm 1.4, but issues with what I presume to be the one and only available copy in Northern Ireland, put that to bed.

So rather than walking away with nothing I noticed they had a 35mm 1.8 AF-S in stock. I know Nic loves his and I thought why not?? It really is a wee cracker of a lens, the ability to have autofocus on a fast prime with the D40 is priceless. You wouldn't think that 15mm less over a 50mm would make that much difference, but it does.

Say hello to the new lens that will live on my D40, and will also be the walkabout combo of choice. :)

Day 263.

3938452448_995e039a02_o.jpg

Up early even for me on a Sunday. Picked up Pete and away to our new favourite place. I loved today and I am relatively happy with what I got. But, I'm shattered, so a quick sift through and away to bed I think. :)

Taken with the 35mm of course. ;)

Day 264.

3941930464_2537ea6a87_o.jpg

A relaxed un-rushed day in Jonny Land. (Tickets available at the front desk)

Sit down for the next bit of news, it's a real shock to me. My work have actually came up with the date I am no longer an employee!! My last day is next Wednesday, van to be handed back and a large cheque to be handed my direction.

Yay!! So a Monday shot of Sasha, not in B&W and not in Sepia. Shock Horror, must be a day of firsts..

261's a cracking SP mate! Didn't see it till just now, honest :D
The lighting is great, shame about the noise but gives you something to work on.
Any chance of a setup shot?

Good news mate, glad it's come at last ;)

So whats your plans, look for work, or time off?

Cheers Julian, I have another job sorted already, so a month or so off then back to work nice and rested. :D

261's a cracking SP mate! Didn't see it till just now, honest :D
The lighting is great, shame about the noise but gives you something to work on.
Any chance of a setup shot?

Cheers Merv. I basically forgot to use the flash as fill, I should have had a shorter shutter speed. I'll maybe do a setup as tomorrows shot!! ;)

Day 265. Only 100 To Go!!

3944363435_8c04aa5caf_o.jpg

3944366123_41530d406f_o.jpg

Another day spent just waiting for the day to end. Only 100 more days of my 365 to go. And only 6 days until I leave work. Despite having not much motivation to work I still have to be seen to be making an effort, so not much in the way of time for photography today. I took 2 shots in total, both of Carrickfergus castle, which has appeared numerous times in my 365, but never from this angle.

Not sure of which to use, so both it is. I think I prefer the colour version. A bit of cloning and a few curve adjustments.

I like the detail of the castle in the mono version, but agree the clouds in the colour version look better.

Last edited:
Day 266.

A bit of explanation is obviously required. A friend gave me some old photography magazines today, they don't make them like they did!! And during a phone conversation, the subject of 365 Bingo came up. There are 16 magazines. A number between 1 and 16 was selected by the git on the other end of the phone. Then a page number of that magazine was selected. We did this 3 times and I had to decide what picture from those 3 pages I was going to recreate.

I choose a picture of Whoppi Goldberg bathing in milk. Since I don't have any african american Barbie Dolls, I had to make do with a proper "Lady".

"She" looked like she enjoyed it. :)

3947757489_0ac8c3d686.jpg

3948535008_6e8a081534.jpg

A bit of fun for not having anything else planned. :)

Day 264.

A relaxed un-rushed day in Jonny Land. (Tickets available at the front desk)

Sit down for the next bit of news, it's a real shock to me. My work have actually came up with the date I am no longer an employee!! My last day is next Wednesday, van to be handed back and a large cheque to be handed my direction.

Yay!! So a Monday shot of Sasha, not in B&W and not in Sepia. Shock Horror, must be a day of firsts..

About time too (y)

And a lovely shot of Sasha to boot.

Day 265. Only 100 To Go!!

Another day spent just waiting for the day to end. Only 100 more days of my 365 to go. And only 6 days until I leave work. Despite having not much motivation to work I still have to be seen to be making an effort, so not much in the way of time for photography today. I took 2 shots in total, both of Carrickfergus castle, which has appeared numerous times in my 365, but never from this angle.

Not sure of which to use, so both it is. I think I prefer the colour version. A bit of cloning and a few curve adjustments.

Prefer the B&W one (but then i would ;)), but feel it could do with a little more contrast. Pity about the sky too .

Cheers Chris. (y)

Just a note of caution, tonights shot will be another 365 bingo shot. Where it goes nobody knows. I've been given a magazine number, and three pages of that magazine. I have to recreate one shot on those 3 pages with both shots being shown afterwards. Gets the creative juices flowing!! :D

a huge amount of really cracking shots, the low down wide angle portrait was my fav this week.

a huge amount of really cracking shots, the low down wide angle portrait was my fav this week.

Back