JD's 365.

Day 273. Waiting.

3970013940_46cedd6b9a_o.jpg

The idiocy of some people still completely amazes me.

The women who was coming up with my redundancy cheque apparently rang on Tuesday to let me know that she wouldn't be up until Thursday. Did my boss think it would be sensible to let me know?? Of course he didn't. So I sat like a melon this morning waiting for someone to give me an envelope so I could go home and start another chapter of my life. So I kidnapped my work van until I get it tomorrow morning.

I feel like I'm standing in a dark room waiting for someone to switch the light on so I can see the way out.

Sorry to hear your news, but love that shot, very dark (obviously) and moody

Thanks mate, it's only one more day. But, I'm really exasperated with how things have gone. I expected it, to be honest.

I know Merv is going to ask, hastily home made snoot kind of thing about 0.5m above and 45deg camera right, and that's all. Didn't take a setup shot though. :p

DAY 274 BEER!!

3972641052_0b246c68a4_o.jpg

Thankfully everything went smoothly today. I got my cheque!! Had to walk from work into Belfast to get the bus home, my driveway looks empty without the van. :(

Cheque should be cleared and ready to spend by next Wednesday, so here's to no-one in particular!! Just noticed, another self portrait. To think I hated pictures of myself at the start of this. Many of you are maybe still wishing I did!!

Julian has done something identical, and rather than actually think about a shot, I thought I'd steal an idea. :D

STROBIST: 1/250 f/1.8 35mm, SB-900 90deg left of camera at 1/128, 200m setting. I should have moved it further away, but I've beer to drink.

Awesome mate, glad it all went well in the end!! Cheers! *toasts with cup of tea*

Love that shot and DoF Jonny. Just trying to think what shot I did, was it the Playstation crash one?

Day 275. Guess Who's Back?

3975184904_aa182bc159_o.jpg

I officially FAIL at being unemployed. I was up far earlier than I needed to be, got way more done than I had planned and spent the rest of the afternoon playing XBOX.

The Jack Russell pup is back again, this time a bit more boisterous and slightly bigger. Still as cute as a button though!! :love: I am merely puppy sitting, or should I say Sasha is puppy sitting for the night.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get a lie in. :)

Great shots JD and glad to hear that things are finalised with work. Any ideas what to do next?

Silly question really that I suppose - spend the cheque on all that essential kit that needs to be bought :)

Last edited:
Great shots JD and glad to hear that things are finalised with work. Any ideas what to do next?

Silly question really that I suppose - spend the cheque on all that essential kit that needs to be bought :)

I actually might not buy any kit. I would rather buy a nice car and have a month long holiday. ;) I might buy something though...

Awww its still sooo cute!

She's still here as well. Marley is what she's called. :D

Day 276. After The Rain.

3976817347_b6de20c1dd_o.jpg

Another "I Fail At Being Unemployed" day. Up early again, I've basically cleaned out every cupboard imaginable today. Found a lot of things I thought I lost!!

Anyway, the rain came and went, so I went out with the macro. I'll admit that I was actually aiming to focus the larger waterdrop, but I think this works just as well. ;)

Today's shot is really different, not sure what to make of it, would have liked to see what the shot would have been like with the larger drop in focus.

Day 277. Still Here, Just.

3980088179_0213ed7f5c_o.jpg

I am going ever so slightly stir crazy. Apart from walking the dogs, I've only really left the house once since Thursday. The lack of the work van has made more of an impact than I imagined. Should be sorted on Wednesday once the redundancy money had cleared. I'm really just in limbo until then. Wednesday is when the fun begins!! I'm really very used to going where I want, when I want. So please excuse the sameness of my 365 shots.

Marley is still here, Sasha is really enjoying the company which is really what we didn't want to happen. No actual date as to when Marley goes home, I hope it's never!! House training is nearing completion. She now sits, lies down, goes to bed and speaks on command as well. :D Not bad for two days!! :)

Last edited:
Day 278.

3983763179_e309fbca89_o.jpg

My first proper lie in, not up to 12 o'clock, felt great!!

Dithered about the house all day, walked the dogs and counted all my spare change out of my collection. I have close to £80 in silver coins and nearly £25 in bronze. God, I'm bored. Another fill shot unfortunately, but I did try to do something different.

Right off to make dinner. :)

Cannot help but think that shot would have been made if you positioned the 10p's all the right way round :(

Back