Jessops 360AFD flash

I picked mine up this morning, I reserved it online yesterday. It looks like a good flash for £39. I wish I had ordered two.

Ouch!:puke: Missed out on the extra discount....still a bargain nonetheless

Ray

Shortly after posting this, ordered another for £39, can't go wrong with a spare/slave.

Apparently there have been reports in some reviews about build quality regarding the foot mount and battery door. I'll just be careful when putting on camera and installing batteries.

Sorry to see codes no longer work.

Ray

Heh, i didnt realise it could do optical slave so i picked up that jessops off shoe cable for £24.....but at least that is about £6 cheaper than i saw them on amazon/calumet and more flexible and reliable.

Heh, i didnt realise it could do optical slave so i picked up that jessops off shoe cable for £24.....but at least that is about £6 cheaper than i saw them on amazon/calumet and more flexible and reliable.

FITP does them even cheaper ;)

Shortly after posting this, ordered another for £39, can't go wrong with a spare/slave.

Apparently there have been reports in some reviews about build quality regarding the foot mount and battery door. I'll just be careful when putting on camera and installing batteries.

Sorry to see codes no longer work.

Ray

Build quality is fine as long as you don't throw them around! I've had one for two years without any problems.

Been chatting with FITP and he is checking which diffusers fit them from his stock.

Last edited:
Carex diffusers fit OK from memory.

It's not quite as good BUT the offer is over now. Just picked 2 up, one for mrs_c and one for a birthday present for next year!

So mine is better than the one on offer?

No the 360 is slightly better than the 300

No the 360 is slightly better than the 300

Ah right, what advantages does it have over the 300? I got mine for about 35ish 6months ago, so I dont feel as bad missing out now :)

Picked mine up today. First impressions seem ok. I well pleased - a big (y) to the OP. :)

Reserved mine for collection yesterday morning and got the text saying it was ready for collection. Popped along to the Stirling branch this morning only to be met with a Homer Simpson like stare. Guess what... none in stock :bang: :shrug:

Reserved mine for collection yesterday morning and got the text saying it was ready for collection. Popped along to the Stirling branch this morning only to be met with a Homer Simpson like stare. Guess what... none in stock :bang: :shrug:

That was my concern! I get paid tomorrow so reserved 2 as that was all the cash I had left although I actually wanted 5. Went in yesterday and collected them as I didn't want to leave it till tomorrow. Obviously Jessops have found the problem and I expected them to tell their shops to use the "no stock" route!

I am getting mine delivered so i hope they really are going to post it.

Ah right, what advantages does it have over the 300? I got mine for about 35ish 6months ago, so I dont feel as bad missing out now :)

I have the 300d - no TTL etc. Is yours the 300d or the 300 AFD?

Hmm.. thats a bit naughty. Texting you then doing that.

While they have no obligation to sell at that price (its clearly a cockup!) I'd be miffed if I'd made a special journey.

Could you reserve one at the higher price under a different name and go back and see if they be lying???

I got an email saying that they had posted mine so no stock issues with that route.

I have the 300d - no TTL etc. Is yours the 300d or the 300 AFD?

The 360 AFD has full eTTL, swivel and bounce, zoomable head, full manual control, optical slave. Quite a bit better than the 300.

Got my email confirmation today too. I would be inclined to give your branch a call in the morning m'lord and speak to the manager

Could you reserve one at the higher price under a different name and go back and see if they be lying???

I had thought about asking my wife to phone to see if they had any in stock. I would have been raging if it turned out they had been lying to me.

Got an email confirming mine has been dispatched .

My £39 special arrived today (ordered online Saturday evening) so the online orders for delivery should be OK.

Ray

My £39 special arrived today (ordered online Saturday evening) so the online orders for delivery should be OK.

Ray

The Canon versions are shown as "on backorder" (for paid-for orders), so it's just your Donald if you manage to get one or not....

I tried all day on Saturday to order one of these using the OPs code, but it kept showing as "expired or no longer active". I checked with the Jessops helpdesk and they confirmed that the code was no longer active, so well done to those of you who managed to use it.
The quidco5 code was accepted though, and I eventually picked one up at the Cribbs Causeway branch for £65.55. Not quite as good as £39 though.

Last edited:
Got an email saying mine was dispatched on the 19th, next day DHL, did'nt turn up today,:( maybe tomorrow, we live in hope, :shrug:well close.

Dave.

Ordered mine (x1) the other day, reserved for store collection,went to collect today monday 21st and all ok for my nikon version..guess what , last one in store.
It is not an sb600 by any means, and much lower build quality than my trusty sb-22, but a bargain non the less so im happy ,thanks OP.(y)

Item was only reserved until tommorow morning 22nd tuesday am so i just made it.
They didnt seem very happy to serve me with it though, bet they were hoping i would "no show" , then its "staff discount" with some off for "open box" too , and ebay time baby. kerching....

Maybe thats whats happening with all those branches that suddenly have no stock for customers who have reserved these.:(

But on the other hand , I doubt it , as a quick test with the crocodile clips between the ears of the average "jessie" reveals a very low voltage / activity reading indeed. .:wacky:..a very low trigger voltage if you will.
They probably are too busy comparing playstation 3/iphone experiences to notice they could have made a few bob before xmas if they were sharp enuf.

Thanks again OP a great item for less than 40 sovreigns..nice :)

Last edited:
Mine arrived today, works with both my Film and Digital bodies, foot feels a bit flimsy, but hey £39.00, hard to beat.

Well pleased.(y)

Dave.

Mine arrived this morning, complete with invoice note showing £39.99 so I'm happy.

I had lent my old one to a friend who managed to knock over her tripod - there's a small dent to the filter ring of her lens but the camera's fine. The bigger problem was that the hotshoe foot of the flash basically broke in half.
Before she told me what she did she'd already gone out to replace it...

... she gave it to me last night having paid £99 for it... I didn't have the heart to tell her that I'd just bought a spare for £39!

Mine arrived this morning, complete with invoice note showing £39.99 so I'm happy.

I had lent my old one to a friend who managed to knock over her tripod - there's a small dent to the filter ring of her lens but the camera's fine. The bigger problem was that the hotshoe foot of the flash basically broke in half.
Before she told me what she did she'd already gone out to replace it...

... she gave it to me last night having paid £99 for it... I didn't have the heart to tell her that I'd just bought a spare for £39!

Interested in selling the broken one?

Just a quick thanks to the OP. I ordered Sunday. It arrived yesterday. Not bad for £40

Cheers

Just wondering how people are finding the Jessops flash it seems a steal at the price and its something I should add to my kitbag at some point.

I've had one for a while - it's a good flash, fairly basic but actually does everything you want in terms of swivel, bounce, ttl, manual settings, optical slave.
For general, fairly close range on-camera flash it's absolutely fine - it's not the highest guide number so your distance can sometimes be limited but it's not the end of the world.

I do like the flash but as I've used it more there are one or two little niggles... but if there wasn't then there'd be nothing for me to try to justify needing a 580II;)
The hotshoe foot is a little flimsy, the screw bit can be a bit of a pain to unscrew the unit off the camera if you've got big fingers :shrug: and there is a auto-power-off if you don't use it for a couple of minutes which can be frustrating if you use it with remote triggers.

All in all though it's a great unit for the price. (y)

Back