Lady Sue's 52 ART AND RELAXATION Page 16

Very cool candid shot hun xx

Thank you Nattalie

Nice twist to the theme, well done, should enter this in the taking photo of a photographer comp here on TP

Thank you. I hadnt seen that competition

I must admit - I love it, well spotted and thought out

Thank you

Excellent:clap:

Of course if everybody stuck to the speed limit they wouldn't have to catch people out by being sneaky :nono::LOL::p

Thank you.

Well done Sue... For asking permission in the first place, and getting a very different and interesting take on the theme.

I really like Chemistry Sue. Well done for setting up the shot and getting the one you wanted. #1 was the winner there.

As to ""Driving casualties Down". More like "Driving Revenues Up", but I like the shot and well done for getting it!

Ian.

thats a fab shot.. great interpretation of the theme.. would never have had the guts to ask to take it :)

Well done Sue... For asking permission in the first place, and getting a very different and interesting take on the theme.

Thank you. I do like to be different. Now I am wondering what to do with "produce"

I really like Chemistry Sue. Well done for setting up the shot and getting the one you wanted. #1 was the winner there.

As to ""Driving casualties Down". More like "Driving Revenues Up", but I like the shot and well done for getting it!

Ian.

Thanks. I had fun trying out my new "light box" ( not a proper one) for the chemistry shot. And I agree about the revenues- they must make a fortune and, in Essex, they are allowed to keep the money to buy more cameras.

thats a fab shot.. great interpretation of the theme.. would never have had the guts to ask to take it :)

Thanks. I'm not shy so I would ask anyone.

Another great interpretation of the theme. So obvious but not one that I would have thought of (y)
I just love the irony of it.

Technically, there are a couple of little niggles. The main one for me is the white top of the van merging into the sky. Did you shoot in RAW and is there any chance of bringing back a bit of detail?
I'm also finding the blue signs along the roadside a bit distracting and would like to desaturate those a bit.

I know I'm nitpicking, but I just love the concept of this shot and I think with a bit of polishing in PP it could be a real winner.

A good idea sue, fair play to the police for letting you take the shot.

Thank you. I think that most police officers are quite approachable.

Another great interpretation of the theme. So obvious but not one that I would have thought of (y)
I just love the irony of it.

Technically, there are a couple of little niggles. The main one for me is the white top of the van merging into the sky. Did you shoot in RAW and is there any chance of bringing back a bit of detail?
I'm also finding the blue signs along the roadside a bit distracting and would like to desaturate those a bit.

I know I'm nitpicking, but I just love the concept of this shot and I think with a bit of polishing in PP it could be a real winner.

Thank you Sarah. You are quite right about the technical problems, especially the roof of the van and the sky. I couldnt think what I could do with that. I didnt shoot it in RAW. I upped the saturation of the whole picture to get more emphasis on the yellow camera and the writing on the van but have made the other colours a bit bright. I will have a go at editing it.

Nice candid, as everyone has said, it's a great double candid. You taking photos of them, taking photos of us!

I would have been tempted to take one from behind the speed camera to show it's view as well...

Well done you !! There's no way I'd have had the 'spheres' to ask to take a picture like that. It's a cracking shot too, lots of colour, nice and bright and a sense of irony to boot. (y)

Nice candid, as everyone has said, it's a great double candid. You taking photos of them, taking photos of us!

I would have been tempted to take one from behind the speed camera to show it's view as well...

Yes I would have liked to get some from different angles but didnt want to push my luck. I asked if I could take a picture but took a couple from the same angle.

Well done you !! There's no way I'd have had the 'spheres' to ask to take a picture like that. It's a cracking shot too, lots of colour, nice and bright and a sense of irony to boot. (y)

Thank you. Now I need to find a good produce shot- just boring stuff so far.

Candid - Splendid idea. Nice and original. And the version where the roof contrasts with the sky is a great improvement.

I do think it's a shame that we live in a country where you have to ask the police if you can photograph their gear. I would have done so myself, tbh. But why?
Why should I feel I have to?

Candid - Splendid idea. Nice and original. And the version where the roof contrasts with the sky is a great improvement.

I do think it's a shame that we live in a country where you have to ask the police if you can photograph their gear. I would have done so myself, tbh. But why?
Why should I feel I have to?

Thanks. I dont mind asking permission. I did the same when taking pictures of produce this week. Its just polite I think.

Produce

I settled for this for this weeks 'produce' as I think chickens make great photographic subjects and I have just learnt how to do a tryptich.

However I took loads of pictures of some of the lovely local produce on sale at our many local farm shops in our area. So I also made up this picture of some of them ( I know the bottom middle photo is wonky).

I welcome comments and criticism
Sue

like the way the chickens are both looking at the eggs in the first one. Good selection of produce in the second.

I agree with the triptych comment. The chickens looking in make it great.

I'm not so sure about the second one though. The individual images look good but are too confusing in such numbers. The shot of the apples looks really strong and would make a good shot on its own. The wine bottles are sloping as well ;)

Everything is right on theme (y)

Andy

I like everything about your 'product' shots. The top three work really well together and the collection of nine photographs are so colourful - a really lovely collection :)

Definitely prefer your first entry for produce, it has a much better balance about it and as already mentioned the fact the chickens are looking into the centre helps with the composition.

The second shot has too much going on for me, the apples shot however looks nice and colourful and I wonder how that image alone with a black border would look like.

Well done, Dan

Your produce shots are very good & well thought through.
I am struggling with this. Might take a shot of some sawdust, I produce lots of that!:LOL::LOL:

like the way the chickens are both looking at the eggs in the first one. Good selection of produce in the second.

Thank you. I chose those chicken pictures because they were looking the right way

I agree with the triptych comment. The chickens looking in make it great.

I'm not so sure about the second one though. The individual images look good but are too confusing in such numbers. The shot of the apples looks really strong and would make a good shot on its own. The wine bottles are sloping as well ;)

Everything is right on theme (y)

Andy

Thanks. I was just playing around really with the second shot. I have only just learned how to combine shots.

I like everything about your 'product' shots. The top three work really well together and the collection of nine photographs are so colourful - a really lovely collection :)

Thank you

Definitely prefer your first entry for produce, it has a much better balance about it and as already mentioned the fact the chickens are looking into the centre helps with the composition.

The second shot has too much going on for me, the apples shot however looks nice and colourful and I wonder how that image alone with a black border would look like.

Well done, Dan

Thank you. I will do the apples picture with a border and see what it looks like.

Your produce shots are very good & well thought through.
I am struggling with this. Might take a shot of some sawdust, I produce lots of that!:LOL::LOL:

It would be nice if one of your reds could produce a little one. If not then I think piles of logs can look good.

I'm sure you will come up with something good.
Sue

Gotta say #2 for me, loads to look at, some lovely colours and I'll admit it, the lambs seal the deal ;)

As others have said, the apples look really good, what about a single image of them?

I like Produce #2, it's fun and feels educational, I really like it

Thanks Nattalie.It was fun to do as I hadnt done anything like that before.

Gotta say #2 for me, loads to look at, some lovely colours and I'll admit it, the lambs seal the deal ;)

As others have said, the apples look really good, what about a single image of them?

Thank you. Well here is a picture of the apples alone.

Thanks
Sue

Produce - The chicken and the eggs looks great as a tryptich. Pleased to read that you picked them looking in on purpose and it wasn't just luck (which it probably would have been with me. :LOL:

I quite like the solo image of the apples too. Great colours.

Produce - The chicken and the eggs looks great as a tryptich. Pleased to read that you picked them looking in on purpose and it wasn't just luck (which it probably would have been with me. :LOL:

I quite like the solo image of the apples too. Great colours.

Thank you. I had lots of photos of chickens to choose from. They are such amusing subjects.

You are on to a real winner with the triptych, great idea. :clap:

Thank you.

Eggselent triptych there... it works very well with the chickens looking in. I'm not so keen on the 9 panel... it seems too busy and nothing particular linking them all together... lots of good detail in each shot though... The apples is very good.

Eggselent triptych there... it works very well with the chickens looking in. I'm not so keen on the 9 panel... it seems too busy and nothing particular linking them all together... lots of good detail in each shot though... The apples is very good.

:LOL:Thank you. I wondered when the chicken and egg jokes would start

Chicktych looks very cool, nice work ;)

:LOL:Thank you too.

Tryptich is lokking great! Combination works really well!

But I love the apple shot!!!!!! I have just ran over to the fruitbowl to get myself a juicy apple :)

Catch up time for me.

Candid: This made me chuckle. Definitely the most original Candid of the week, imo - and the edits just complete an excellent interpretation of the theme. :D

Produce: The triptych for me. The composition makes it a real winner, and as you say, chickens are great subjects.

The nine-image set is very interesting, with lots of different strands of the Produce theme, which makes it harder to 'pull it together' into a cohesive whole. One small point suggestion - if the black hen is top left she will still be looking down towards 'her' eggs, and keeping an eye on those mischievious lambs. :D

Sorry to ramble, but I keep going back to the second Produce, because it works on one level for me, but .... the theme of local farm shops doesn't instantly bring to (my) mind bottles and jars - although I know it's probably the best place to find fantastic traditional goodies with a home-made taste. The hard, clean lines of those photos don't sit too comfortably with the raw produce and animals. And this is just my opinion, of course, and I'm sure lots of people will like the contrast of items.

I still think you've had a great couple of weeks, Sue and I look forward to the next one. :)

Jean

I like the 3x3 produce shot - de-wonk the bottles & perhaps replace the bottom left with one where the foreground is in focus to further improve it!

Phil

I like the chicken and eggs triptych - you have caught wonderful poses. The only thing that bothers me slightly is that the outside border is thinner than the sides of the middle image. I like them to be either equal or the inner borders a little slimmer...but that is just me.

Great colours in the apples - very appetising. Just a tad soft to my eye - maybe you need to sharpen just a little.

Tryptich is lokking great! Combination works really well!

But I love the apple shot!!!!!! I have just ran over to the fruitbowl to get myself a juicy apple :)

Thank you.

Catch up time for me.

Candid: This made me chuckle. Definitely the most original Candid of the week, imo - and the edits just complete an excellent interpretation of the theme. :D

Produce: The triptych for me. The composition makes it a real winner, and as you say, chickens are great subjects.

The nine-image set is very interesting, with lots of different strands of the Produce theme, which makes it harder to 'pull it together' into a cohesive whole. One small point suggestion - if the black hen is top left she will still be looking down towards 'her' eggs, and keeping an eye on those mischievious lambs. :D

Sorry to ramble, but I keep going back to the second Produce, because it works on one level for me, but .... the theme of local farm shops doesn't instantly bring to (my) mind bottles and jars - although I know it's probably the best place to find fantastic traditional goodies with a home-made taste. The hard, clean lines of those photos don't sit too comfortably with the raw produce and animals. And this is just my opinion, of course, and I'm sure lots of people will like the contrast of items.

I still think you've had a great couple of weeks, Sue and I look forward to the next one. :)

Jean

Thanks Jean. I'm afraid the second produce shot was just a bodge together of 9 pictures I had taken when out looking for produce shots. I was just trying to include as many types of stuff that was available at the local farm shops. You can get some nice bottles of drink and jars of local preserves etc so I used them to make up the 9.I agree that lots of different fruit and veg could have looked better. For me the most important things about doing the 52 making myself learn how to do new stuff and having fun with my camera. This week I managed to do both.

I like the 3x3 produce shot - de-wonk the bottles & perhaps replace the bottom left with one where the foreground is in focus to further improve it!

Phil

Thank you Phil. My life is a bit crazy at the moment. When I get time I will do those edits.

I like the chicken and eggs triptych - you have caught wonderful poses. The only thing that bothers me slightly is that the outside border is thinner than the sides of the middle image. I like them to be either equal or the inner borders a little slimmer...but that is just me.

Great colours in the apples - very appetising. Just a tad soft to my eye - maybe you need to sharpen just a little.

Thank you. I havent done a tryptich before or used the 'stroke' command in my Elements to make borders so I probably had the settings wrong.

Thanks to all of you for showing an interest and helping me to learn
Sue

To steal Dade's word, it's another vote for the "chick-tych" :LOL:

The way that the chicken's are "guarding" those eggs, almost like a pair of book ends gives a good sense of balance.
The 3x3 square just needs a bit more coherence running through the images for it to really work for me.
Just my opinion, but I think that both chicken shots could benefit from a touch more contrast and bit of sharpening :shrug:

p.s. Good recovery on the police shot.
Do you have "shadows and highlights" functions on your editing software. They can be helpful for getting some distinction and detail back.

Back