Lens mod - bubble effect

Very interesting effect and makes for a good picture, can't say I'll be ripping open my sixteen hundred quid Sigma any time soon though.

Thanks guys!
Very interesting effect and makes for a good picture, can't say I'll be ripping open my sixteen hundred quid Sigma any time soon though.
I don't blame you!
That's why I used this lens. It's pretty easy to find cheap ones on ebay, and there aren't any sensitive electrical contacts to screw up when you open it up.

Reactions: zx9
So cool. Loving the effect.

That's pretty cool! I've just bought another Helios 44, I'm thinking of trying the Petzval mod on the (very old and tatty) one that I already have...

That's pretty cool! I've just bought another Helios 44, I'm thinking of trying the Petzval mod on the (very old and tatty) one that I already have...
The Helios is a lens that everyone needs to have just for the cool bokeh it produces. Relatively cheap and easy to find on ebay.

These are great.
I think I will be taking apart an old lens or two now to give it a try (y)

Cool. (y)

Well, I’ve completely messed up. I got the worse state one out of two I have and for whatever reason I wasn’t concentrating and I undone the wrong end. Very annoying as I know what I was doing as I greased the other end before. Now I got to find out what the spring arm is for and how I put it back together.
In my defence, I was left alone. :LOL:

Well, I’ve completely messed up. I got the worse state one out of two I have and for whatever reason I wasn’t concentrating and I undone the wrong end. Very annoying as I know what I was doing as I greased the other end before. Now I got to find out what the spring arm is for and how I put it back together.
In my defence, I was left alone. :LOL:
Uh oh!

It’s all back together except for the spring arm. No idea where that went. But it really doesn’t matter. I’ve left it wide open and will be using it for the effect :cool:

Just a very quick check that I had done it right last night

Back