Lightroom 5 from Amazon (Download edition)

Edit My Images
Yes
Any reason not to buy the download edition from Amazon rather than Adobe direct? It's £6 cheaper but I assume it's exactly the same (use on two computers? Transferrable between OSX and Windows?).

Just wanted confirmation before I bought it!

Excellent, thanks. I'll go get it then.

Part of the reason for not buying from Adobe is I begrudge paying that 3% extra tax they put on (old dealings with a prospective employer jilts me to that kind of thing...). :LOL:

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks. I'll go get it then.

Part of the reason for not buying from Adobe is I begrudge paying that 3% extra tax they put on (old dealings with a prospective employer jilts me to that kind of thing...). :LOL:
Unfortunately they have to abide by tax laws in the country the store/download is hosted

Cancelled the order from Morgan. Item has not been in Stock and ever time I contact them I was told supplier let them down and it has been promised to be shipped in 2 day.

Will never buy anything from them again.

Had similar from Morgan in the past, their best prices always seem to be for stuff that's out of stock.

I called Morgan this morning - LR5 arrived in a shipment yesterday evening, and they had 37 in stock when I placed my order just now. Code cat27 still works for 10% discount too if you order online.

(y)

Even if you get a disc with LR5 on you'll still have to download the complete LR5.3 if you want to update it.

That's fine - I have already. :) But £57 is a better price than the best I've seen recently, even for a download edition.

Ordered from Morgan on the 9th January , still waiting to be delivered . E- mailed them three times no response , but they were quick enough too take the money on the 9th.
Now contacted my mastercard company to lodge a dispute with Morgan Computers.:mad:

Ordered from Morgan on the 9th January , still waiting to be delivered . E- mailed them three times no response , but they were quick enough too take the money on the 9th.
Now contacted my mastercard company to lodge a dispute with Morgan Computers.:mad:

When I phone the I was told it had been posted on Monday. I had emailed before calling and the email said they were pet down by their suppliers and it will be posted in the next two day. I asked them to update their site to say it was out of stock but does not look like they have done it.

I asked for a refund will check if they have refunded tomorrow.

No they have not updated their site , they even sent me an e-mail today asking me too review the product , hmmm wonder what I could say :naughty:

Had similar from Morgan in the past, their best prices always seem to be for stuff that's out of stock.

I'll never buy anything from them.
My friend worked with them for 15 years, right out of college, and they laid him and all his workmates off in one fell swoop when they went into administration. They knew it was coming and didn't even give anyone a headsup.

I'll never buy anything from them.
My friend worked with them for 15 years, right out of college, and they laid him and all his workmates off in one fell swoop when they went into administration. They knew it was coming and didn't even give anyone a headsup.

Sometimes if there are shareholders involved the senior management are prevented from providing information about redundancy until after notices are handed out. Happened to me where we turned up for work one morning to find the doors locked and a group of guys outside telling us we couldn't enter the building. The MD had been served legal notices requiring him to not disclose (he'd also lost his job, but couldn't afford to lose his redundancy too)

Just checked the account and guess what..... "No Refund yet"... will contact them after 9.00.

Thanks Gary. Will stick with LR4 for now.

Morgan have processed the refund.

Ian, I'd guess they just waited until it came back in stock. Wonder if my copy has arrived yet?

My copy arrived today - good timing as I have 5 days left on the trial version that's been used so far!

Back