B&W London with the 50mm

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
As per the title I was in London for my girlfriend's birthday at the weekend, but as it wasn't a photography trip I limited myself to just taking the nifty fifty.
All photo's are taken with the Canon 5D III and a 50mm f1.8
C&C welcomed.

1 - Winter Wonderland Starflyer

Winter Wonderland Starflyer
by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

2 - Charing Cross Underground

Watching, Waiting

3 - Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland

4 - Tower of London Window View

Window Peeping

5 - Cliche Selective Colouring

Red Phone Box

6 - Black Cab in Piccadilly

Black Cab

More can be found on my flickr page - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaketurner92/
Thanks
Jake

A bit of motion blur on #1 would of been good as you got on#2 & #6.
#5 is a crime against photography and you should stand in the corner and say sorry :bat:

#5 is a crime against photography and you should stand in the corner and say sorry :bat:

Cheers Neil. I didn't want motion blur in the first, I quite liked the way it was frozen in motion.
Someone doesn't like marmite :p :LOL:

I used to quite like a touch of selective colouring but the BT Sport ads for Premiership rugby where they do it to supporters jerseys has put me right off

The only one I don't like is the last. and the third. I feel the third is over contrasted and I just don't get the last.

The 1st however is wonderful. Pleasingly off centre. I like two, but reckon a colour may work better, and a longer shutter speed. 4 is nicely framed, and the selective colouring in five is a cliche but a good one

Thanks for the comments all :)

The only one I don't like is the last. and the third. I feel the third is over contrasted and I just don't get the last.

The 1st however is wonderful. Pleasingly off centre. I like two, but reckon a colour may work better, and a longer shutter speed. 4 is nicely framed, and the selective colouring in five is a cliche but a good one

Cheers Steve, with regards to the second, I didn't like the colour, and this trip was entirely to be processed in mono. A longer exposure isn't possible, I had enough trouble keeping this steady, and tripods are a no no down there.

Back