Maddie Found?

:shake:

Even if the poor wee lassie was kidnapped, the worldwide media attention probably meant she was in the ground within days. It's a real shame that all these "sightings" keep cropping up, as all they do is give false hope to the family...

as graham said as sad as it is, and im sure it must be devistating to lose a child, but i think its time to let go..

If you have kids you can never let go, especially in a case like this where there's still a chance she might be alive.

Until a body is found it'll occupy every moment of their lives.

If the sales of the book are going to fund private detectives and publicity to keep it in the spotlight I don't see a problem with them writing it

I find it pretty sickening that her parents can cash in on the whole thing by writing a book and selling it....

Good way of keeping their daughter where they want he,r in our memories and vision (so to speak) and raise money.

I can understand the desire to keep Maddie in the 'public eye' and I would love to believe that she was still alive, however I fear she has long been dead :(
Sightings like this must surely be viewed with scepticism.

Perhaps if the parents had shown more due care, the issue would never have arisen.

Perhaps if the parents had shown more due care, the issue would never have arisen.

Mmmmmmmmm,

As a parent, I’m sure we’ve all been guilty of bad judgment while on holiday or at home? :shrug:

I can only imagine the hurt they have been through & if it were me I would never ever give up hope.

Mick

fracster said:

I have be honest and say this has always be my thoughts, if the poor little girl hadn't been left while they when for a meal maybe she would still be with them, but I bet they have never forgiven themselves for that night, I know I wouldn't be able too

Matt

If you have kids you can never let go, especially in a case like this where there's still a chance she might be alive.

Until a body is found it'll occupy every moment of their lives.

If the sales of the book are going to fund private detectives and publicity to keep it in the spotlight I don't see a problem with them writing it

no i appriciate that, but there comes a point where it would be best for your own sanity to try and carry on with your life. especially as there have been no major leads for such a long time.

no i appriciate that, but there comes a point where it would be best for your own sanity to try and carry on with your life. especially as there have been no major leads for such a long time.

yet there was that case in Austria where ''no major leads''

''Eight years ago, on March 2 1998, 10-year-old Natascha Kampusch kissed goodbye to her mother Brigitte and set off from her home in Vienna to school. She never made it. Her disappearance sparked one of the biggest ever hunts in Austria''

fracster said:

Had they not been middle class doctors they would have been slated in the press fir being unfit parents.

Wonder if they had anything to do with it?

Had they not been middle class doctors they would have been slated in the press fir being unfit parents.

They were, there was an unrelenting campaign against them.

hmmm, not being fortunate enough to have kids, I fail to understand the mentality of "lets leave them asleep in the room whilst we go and eat" - if I had a kid or more, I'd want to know exactly where they were, with who, doing what until at least 18.

I can also understand the comments on here from parents, "never give up, etc" - but there has to be a point when the cold harshness cruelty of reality must come knocking........

Personally, as mentioned above I think the parents are fortunate in their "social position" to appeal to the non red top tabloids, to ensure column inches at a whim..... let's face it if they were "council scum from Manchester" :shrug: it would have all been over in a week. Newswise.

As for the book. :wacky: Cannot understand why anyone would buy it, however I guess there's a market for everything these days.

have seen them a fair few times, Kate mainly as we shop in the same M&S and what is good to see is the shoppers just leave them to it.. I am with the social standing lot, if it would have been a ropey estate family they would have been crucified and probably had their other kids taken from them and put into care, no one would have wanted to back them and it would have been a broken britain idots abroad story.

their foolish act aside I wouldn't wish it upon anyone and they will never ever get over it, I cannot imagine one of mine not being here.

It would be impossible to move on... you need some form of closure, you can't just get on and put it out your mind. There must be constant reminders every day. At least a body would signal the end of the search for Maddie, but you would have a constant nagging of 'who did it'. For their whole lives it will be 'if only'...

There are awful parents all over the country. I go into peoples homes every day. Loads can't clean the house, cook a proper meal, are as thick as two short planks, can't even provide for their kids except sign a benefit claim form, no concept of ever working to provide for them...leave their kids running outside. The Mccanns made an awful mistake and hopefully that is the sum total of their involvement.

I still think the parents were to blame and be charged with neglect...

"Madeleine McCann sighted riding Shergar accompanied by Lord Lucan and a dalek". Guaranteed to sell newspapers.

I have every possible sympathy for the family, I have no interest in gossipy rubbish in the red tops.

But what good would that do? :shrug:

It would hold them to account for the disappearance / death of the girl. It is their fault! As said previously, if they were working class it would have all been different, but she was a cute kid, the parents were half decent looking and they were from upper middle class background so the story was spun as it was and did as intended, sold papers in bucket loads.

It was unfit parenting, who would leave 2 children of that age alone in a hotel room at night, just because you want to go out for a nice meal?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Yourchildshealthandsafety/Yourchildssafetyinthehome/DG_070594

Says it there, "it is an offence to leave a child alone if it places them at risk. Parents can be prosecuted if they leave a child unsupervised"

The fact the country have made the Mcann's minor celebs who help children, when in fact they were 2 parents who neglected their children which lead to the disappearance/death.

It would hold them to account for the disappearance / death of the girl. It is their fault! As said previously, if they were working class it would have all been different, but she was a cute kid, the parents were half decent looking and they were from upper middle class background so the story was spun as it was and did as intended, sold papers in bucket loads.

It was unfit parenting, who would leave 2 children of that age alone in a hotel room at night, just because you want to go out for a nice meal?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Yourchildshealthandsafety/Yourchildssafetyinthehome/DG_070594

Says it there, "it is an offence to leave a child alone if it places them at risk. Parents can be prosecuted if they leave a child unsupervised"

The fact the country have made the Mcann's minor celebs who help children, when in fact they were 2 parents who neglected their children which lead to the disappearance/death.

Carl, I understand all what you say and I don't disagree, but punishing them further? Do you not think they have been punished enough :shrug:

But what good would that do? :shrug:

See Carls response.

Totally agree, I am afraid that I can not listen or watch anything that the McCanns are on. I just do not trust them, I think there is far more to this than we will ever know.

Carl, I understand all what you say and I don't disagree, but punishing them further? Do you not think they have been punished enough :shrug:

No I do not think they have been punished enough. they should be in prison for neglect at the least.

See Carls response.

Totally agree, I am afraid that I can not listen or watch anything that the McCanns are on. I just do not trust them, I think there is far more to this than we will ever know.

Perhaps so, and I have my doubts too but losing a kid is a pretty hefty punishment for anyone to go through.....

Perhaps so, and I have my doubts too but losing a kid is a pretty hefty punishment for anyone to go through.....

Absolutely it is a hefty punishment, put not as much as a punishment for them as it was for Maddie, who lets be honest, is not likely to be alive. I am afraid that I believe that they are involved, even if it was by accident, which is what I believe, but to suggest kidnap:shrug: why take only the 1 child?

Punish them for the crime they committed.

Many people feel deep sorrow and regret for the crimes they commit, but they are punished, why should this case be any different?

I didn't realise they had been found guilty of any crime.

Sorry, for a moment there I forgot that this is the internet.... My apologies for being a caring, considerate individual within our wonderful cyber space community! Nah, forget that! ..... I agree, let's hang em both till dead. Let justice be served.

I didn't realise they had been found guilty of any crime.

Sorry, for a moment there I forgot that this is the internet.... My apologies for being a caring, considerate individual within our wonderful cyber space community! Nah, forget that! ..... I agree, let's hang em both till dead. Let justice be served.

Why is Maddie so deserving of all of the sympathy, when there are hundreds of other children missing in the UK?

Good looking upper middle class white people playing the system with a media mogul behind them are no more deserving of sympathy than any other mother whose child disappeared in the time since Maddie disappeared. All the money donated to that charity and countless police hours have been spent on one missing girl, again this year them Prime Minister has actioned the Met to look further into this again, what about ever other missing child case, will he do it for all the other parents too?

I'm not convinced by the "abduction" story, the main inconsistency for me was the way the covers on the bed were left, they don't look as if they were pulled back by an adult hurriedly extracting a child (as claimed), they look more as if they were folded back by a child as they climbed out unaided....

Why is Maddie so deserving of all of the sympathy, when there are hundreds of other children missing in the UK?

Good looking upper middle class white people playing the system with a media mogul behind them are no more deserving of sympathy than any other mother whose child disappeared in the time since Maddie disappeared. All the money donated to that charity and countless police hours have been spent on one missing girl, again this year them Prime Minister has actioned the Met to look further into this again, what about ever other missing child case, will he do it for all the other parents too?

Erm! You forgot to mention they were (are) doctors! Not sure what 'good looking' has to do with this? but I enjoy a discussion and even an argument. Considering I agreed with your point about their lack of care and also agreed they should be severely punished!...... I suggested hanging till dead, is this not good enough?

As you rightly point out they are 'middle class' I now wish to refine my initial conclusion of suitable punishment. Instead of being hanged till dead! I feel they should be hanged till nearly dead and then boiled in oil until they cease to breath the air of this wonderful planet....

Yes they are being punished, but also profiting from her abduction

Pictures of photogenic people, particularly women, sell newspapers.......

I agree! and therefore may I suggest that before she is hanged until nearly dead and before being placed in burning oil that she has several litres of acid cast upon her face! .......

Yes they are being punished, but also profiting from her abduction

But how will they profit from her abduction after the parents have been boiled in oil?
Hang on! ... I've had an idea....... Why not do everything to raise funds to find the child and keep her in the media spotlight?

Edit.... Another bad idea, perhaps everyone will think they are spending the money on luxuries..... I guess that yacht will have to stay hidden for a few years yet

Sorry, I will say this again, there seems to be a lot of sympathy with the McCanns as parents and how terrible it is for them, It seems to me that a lot of people are missing the point, yes they have to live with what they did for the rest of their lives, BUT and it is a big BUT, it is not as terrible as what has probably happened to Maddie, she had only had 3 years of her life,when she disappeared, she deserved her whole life. As Andy said, they are making a living out of her disappearance. I can understand wanting to find your missing child but so many of their actions I believe have been for their benefit and not so much to finding Maddie. The one that really got to me was Kate McCann walking around for weeks on end with Maddies teddy in her hand.

And your point is? ....... Yes the media prefer looks....It doesn't make the better looking any more guilty.

Splog said:
And your point is? ....... Yes the media prefer looks....It doesn't make the better looking any more guilty.

What makes them guilty is the fact that they took their kids on holiday to a strange country and left them alone in a strange bedroom, while they laughed and ate and drank with their friends. Everything else is *******s, they let their children down.

Back