memorybits.co.uk - 60% Off

Their site is not working very well. Is it hosted by the same people as TP's

Yep, completely frozen! 60% off a new CF card would be very welcome!

Ta, ordered a pair of 8GB SanDisk 60MB/s CFs...£36, will see if they materialise. Site seemed a little sketchy, so used PayPal.

What bothered me was the number of links entitled "WHERE'S MY ORDER"!

Over on MSE, so probably getting a lot of traffic.

I just thought that it was worth the share!

I've just tried it.

VEEEEEEERRRRRY SLOOOOOOOOOOW, but got there eventually.

2 x Sandisc Ultra 8gb cards for £20.94 inc delivery = NIIIIIICE!!!

haha just tried and the site loads but the CF seciton is dead...all of you stop buying and give me a go!!!!

haha just tried and the site loads but the CF seciton is dead...all of you stop buying and give me a go!!!!

If you click on it and then wait 3 to 5 minutes, it will open.

I played several games of MS hearts while I was waiting for each page to open.

You will keep getting errors are the servers are being slammed at the moment. This shop is part of a group of three, who all rely on the same server and same database for each of their shops.

I put an order in earlier with them but it was a slow process. Took nearly an hour to get it. I have tried to order with these people before but was let down. Hope this is not a scam they are performing as a lot of people are taking up their offers. Nearly everything is out of stock with them!

Keep getting database errors :bonk:

Yep, that's what I kept getting. Had to keep going back a page and trying again.

Perseverance is needed my friend.

May the Force be with you!!! ;););)

They don't seem to be very competitive for CF cards - £84.15 for a 16GB Sandisk Extreme. Amazon are selling the same card for £68.

I did look up reviews before ordering, and yeah...they seem to have as many bad reviews as most of these semi-independent web-stores. Hence using PayPal, hopefully that gives me the power, though admittedly I'm not well versed in PayPal rights :shrug:

I've used them a few times before and had no problems.

Delivery isn't always the fastest though.

I think the prices have been hiked up a bit so they can put the 60% discount on.

Finally managed to order 2 x SanDisk 8GB Extreme (60MB/s) for £35.90 what an amazing bargin!

I checked on my paypal account and it is showing as paid.

Damn you all! There's not a single sandisk extreme compact flash card left in stock.

Has anyone ever tried the Transcend brand? And is 400x or 600x actually worth it or just likely to break?

Well I've just got a Sandisk 8Gb Ultra CF (30 Mb/s) for a tenner! Paid via PPal.

And there I was, getting ready to hit the hay and I go and spend yet more brass on photography :D

I've used them a few times before and had no problems.

Delivery isn't always the fastest though.

I think the prices have been hiked up a bit so they can put the 60% discount on.

Thanks (y)

The Sandisks 8GBs actually seemed reasonable, but a lot of the others didn't.

haven't ordered anything, but have used them lots of times along with mymemory and never had problems

Checkout is currently offline.

I'm guessing they have a lot of orders to get through.

Gutted that I bought two 4GB SanDisks 2 weeks ago for £27.

Could have had two 8GB for less.

Thanks (y)

The Sandisks 8GBs actually seemed reasonable, but a lot of the others didn't.

What actually didnt look good with 60% off, where are you getting your storage from :LOL:? You were putting in the discount code for 60% at the checkout :thinking:?

Last edited:
Well they seem fine so far (y)

"Dear Russell Hill

Your order is now moving through the dispatch process.

Stock will be allocated to your order shortly and your order will then be dispatched.

We will email you again as soon as it leaves our distribution centre."

I've used them many times before, one of my main suppliers, never had any problems, in fact my transcend 16gb class 10 SDHC arrived yesterday bargain at £19.99, only took a few days, have a couple of the transcend 8gb class 10 cards, they're excellent. Any problems with website is probably just because they're snowed under with orders :)
ps, they always send a text msg to my mobile telling me my orders been dispatched

Last edited:
Nice and fast!!! At the moment they are going against all those bad reviews.

"YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN DISPATCHED TODAY

Dear Russell Hill

Thank you for your recent order placed with MemoryBits.

Order #
(didn't think I would give you lot that did you!)

We'd just like to update you and let you know that your order has been successfully processed and is now on its way to you

You should receive your order within 1-4 working days."

Order dispatched too it looks like job done.

If the checkout comes back online could someone post on here please.

Thanks

lol I forgot I have 2 8gig cards on order from 7dayshop which were out of stock. They have just come back into stock so now I have 4x 8gig cards on root to me :LOL:

Oh well you can never have to much memory I guess :geek:

Back