memorybits.co.uk - 60% Off

What actually didnt look good with 60% off, where are you getting your storage from :LOL:? You were putting in the discount code for 60% at the checkout :thinking:?

Fair enough, I meant comparing their non-discounted prices...the 16GB Sandisks weren't nearly as keenly priced as their 8GBs.

Just trying to get me a Transcend 16gb compact flash, but checkout is still offline. Reckon they'll probably get it fixed by say, 2:01pm...?

So will the honour the baskets with applied promo code? I think not, but fingers crossed.

I had a look last night, anything that was even slightly interesting was out of stock!

Damn missed it. I've been after some new high speed CF cards for a while and this is the second big time sale I've missed. Third time lucky?! :thinking:

I've used these a few times, they are fine but delivery can take a little while as it comes from Jersey

Checkout is STILL offline

checkout still offline, and the 60% discount code is no longer recognised. Oh b*****

lol I forgot I have 2 8gig cards on order from 7dayshop which were out of stock. They have just come back into stock so now I have 4x 8gig cards on root to me :LOL:

Oh well you can never have to much memory I guess :geek:

You better go back on there to order a couple of spare batteries to keep up with the extra cards now lol.

Has anyone received their orders yet?

Seems like memorybits is dead as the checkout is still offline

Yup mine turned up on Monday. Both CF cards were posted separately but came on the same day.

Thanks for that, seems like their is some life left

I got my CF card but not my memory drive, I tried emailing but got it returened, if nothign by the end of the week I will open a dispute on PP. looks like the company has died and was selling off all remaining stock, just a thought.

looks like the company has died and was selling off all remaining stock, just a thought.

This was my thought too

My memory card arrived OK - shipped from Zoombits who are parent company - their wesite is identical and the check out is also closed !

Has anyone received their orders yet?

Seems like memorybits is dead as the checkout is still offline

I ordered 4 8GB SD cards and 1 32GB CF card. Both arrived yesterday. I have had some trouble with this company before but they seem to have redeemed themselves this time!

Anybody else had any problems with this.

I put an order in for a couple of cards. Payment was sent from my Paypal account more or less straight away (29/9/10).

I have had no order confirmation or any other communication from memorybits and they have not responded to any of the emails I have sent them.

I have just put a claim in through Paypal.

I would rather get my CF cards than a refund, but I don't hold out much hope.

One thing I have found with this company if you use paypal it seems they don't want to send anything to you. I have, in the past, paid for cards with paypal. It took 6 weeks and I had heard nothing. I went to their web chat and chatted to someone for around an hour. In the end I was promised a refund but it never materialised. In the end I started a claim with pay pal . This time I paid by card and had everything I ordered

Anybody else had any problems with this.

I put an order in for a couple of cards. Payment was sent from my Paypal account more or less straight away (29/9/10).

I have had no order confirmation or any other communication from memorybits and they have not responded to any of the emails I have sent them.

I ordered 4 cards on 30/9/2010 and received them on 04/10/2010.
They were sent in 4 separate envelopes.

I did get an order confirmation immediately and a despatch email when they were mailed.

wow looks like I was lucky to get my order! Just done some reading and looks like they must have gone bust. VERY bad of them to ensure a big lump of money comes in as they are closing the company. From a bit of digging it looks like their phone numbers and online chat services went off line the day before the sale. Also their SSL cert has expired just after the sale so that would be why the check out doesn't work.

I think all those who haven't got their order should find MrCraigBerry and blame him to starting this thread :p

I think all those who haven't got their order should find MrCraigBerry and blame him to starting this thread :p

Don't worry, I feel a bit cr4p already for this.

I'm sorry to those who didn't get what they ordered, I am sure that those who did get their orders can reimburse some of you with the money that they saved...:thinking:

Don't worry, I feel a bit cr4p already for this.

I'm sorry to those who didn't get what they ordered, I am sure that those who did get their orders can reimburse some of you with the money that they saved...:thinking:

Was only joking ;)

Don't feel bad you got most of us a right good deal! Just wrong that there are people out there that are happy to rip people off just for a couple hundred quid. The directors should be found and their assets sold until they repay all the people they took money from and didn't deliver any goods.

Ltd companies was a good idea but really should but looked at again to avoid people being able to do this sort of thing so easily.

According to Jersey Companies House, a new company was set up just three months ago – Corebits Global Ltd – although there’s currently no evidence of it trading yet.

Watch this space, this is a loophole that really needs to be fixed - happens time and time again!

Problem with Paypal is that they leave things so long before actioning a problem that the company could be wound up and the Directors left the country before they consider enough time to have elapsed before they step in.
I have a non-delivery of some step ladders, now nearly two weeks overdue and a refund request lodged with Paypal - still have to wait till the end of this week for them to respond even though they won't respond to me.

Received the following email today - Looks like I may get the cards I ordered afterall. Fingers crossed.

ZoomBits are now under new ownership!
The new owners of this website are now The Rok Group. The previous owners are in the process of going into liquidation, and have called a meeting of the creditors of the company in relation to this. Further details will be posted as they become available.
Please do not worry about your recent order with us. From our records, we see that you are still awaiting delivery of your order placed recently. During the time since placing your order, ZoomBits has undergone a change of ownership and The Rok Group are pleased to announce the purchase of this site on 14 October 2010.
The Rok Group has no association with the previous shareholders or Boards of the previous owners of this website.
We are pleased to announce that we are fully committed to helping all customers with orders identified as being paid for and outstanding, or paid for and not yet fulfilled by the previous owners. These 'outstanding orders' according to records, date back to the period 28 September to 13 October. If you have any queries about an order previous to 28 September 2010, The Rok Group are prepared to look at each case individually - although The Rok Group has no legal obligation to do so. This is the beginning of a new process of striving to achieve excellent levels of Customer Service with all previous and future customers.
It will take up to 10 days from today for us to get the site fully operational.
It is our intention to first deal with you, as a matter of priority, as a valued customer with an outstanding order. As you have been affected by this change of ownership, we will be contacting you again in the next few days and you will be offered a number of options to resolve your particular order. We are working with the previous owners payment providers to resolve this situation as fast as possible.
We appreciate that this may have been a stressful time for you having not heard from us sooner, particularly when no information or contact has been provided to date. This is the first instance that we, The Rok Group, as the new owners, have been legally able to contact you our valued customer.
We will begin contacting all of our customers with outstanding orders from Monday 18 October 2010, so that we can begin speedily resolving your order.
We look forward to contacting you further next week.
Kind Regards,
The ZoomBits Team
(Rok Group Limited)

I feel very lucky that my order arrived. I knew something like this was in the pipe line as there is no way they could afford to do it otherwise... oh well i just hope everyone else gets their cards

Just got my PayPal refund sanctioned. They didn't contest it.

That's good - Mine is going through and has until the 21st to run.

Another email received today saying that buyers need to dispute the monies via credit cards as they will not honour orders.:bang:

Oh, and a code for 25% discount. Yeh, right :shake:

Pretty pap though that this company can do this, they obviously knew full well and it wasnt a pre christmas sale, it was a get rid of stock and bank the money sale...

I was lucky to get my order this time however the time before i was left high and dry by them. I paid by pay pal and the refund took around 10 days to come through. This time i paid by card and it seems to have come through. How many on here paid by card and have had a refund?

The memorybits website now seems to be operational and the live chat working if anyone needs to contact them about an order

Back