Mundane Randoms-a thread for anything mundane/random to outright bizarre...

Omens excellent creativity like those alot(y)

Mike great detail there, and sentimental to boot.. love it:D

Thanks, T!
Nice one from Omens, going colourful was my first thought then I saw that and had to re-think :D

Mike, love it. Has a gritty feel to it which matches the nature of the jacket (and zip)!

zip_zps852f0577.jpg

zip.jpg

okay I admit it , that was the first thing that came into my head

I'm saving that for when T sets "latex" as a theme :cautious:

:eek::eek: I just knew you'd do something like that P:naughty:

Mike... gimp!:eek::eek::LOL:

Jibber love the colours on that.. bright and cheery... great detail (y)

Omens - just love the idea of your zip flower

Mike - liking the classic feel of this

Jibber - great impact from those colours

Pete - is that a moose in your pocket........!

Here we have a Zip disk (full of .Zip files :D ) in a Zip lock bag, attended by Lego folk in Zipped jackets, beneath a Zip tie on a Zip line. Is that enough? :nuts:

TP_PA061877.jpg

TP_PA061877.jpg

Last edited:
Surerely you could have squeezed another zip in here Vicky, maybe had the zip wire as an actual zip!

Excellent idea, does it fit the theme? On every level possible...Oh YES!!!

Ok here's mine for this week - using the only zip Higher Management happened to have in her sewing box.

2013_10_06_3079_BROWN_TP_reduced.jpg

I would have preferred a red one and in fact tried to change it in PSE 11 but that's a bit above my skill level at the moment:)*

I also tried adding a few little flower petals but (to me) that made it too fussy and yukky.

* In fact you can see some of the cloning that I thought I had done ok until I posted it:crying::bonk:

Never mind - better luck next time

Last edited:
Here we have a Zip disk (full of .Zip files :D ) in a Zip lock bag, attended by Lego folk in Zipped jackets, beneath a Zip tie on a Zip line. Is that enough? :nuts:

TP_PA061877.jpg

:LOL::LOL: That is well and truly zipped to the max love it Vicky and really like you've taken the zips theme on a different tangent lol(y)

Ok here's mine for this week - using the only zip Higher Management happened to have in her sewing box.

I would have preferred a red one and in fact tried to change it in PSE 11 but that's a bit above my skill level at the moment:)

I also tried adding a few little flower petals but (to me) that made it too fussy and yukky.

I'm glad you didn't add flowers or anything Chris. i really like how this is.. minimal but effective.. well done:D

Surerely you could have squeezed another zip in here Vicky, maybe had the zip wire as an actual zip!

Excellent idea, does it fit the theme? On every level possible...Oh YES!!!
Thank you. :)
A zip zip wire was out of the question, as the Lego guy complained it would rattle his li'l plastic teeth out on the way down. (Actually, I wanted to see if I could fill a shot with zips, without actually using a "real" zip. :cool: )

I would have preferred a red one and in fact tried to change it in PSE 11 but that's a bit above my skill level at the moment:)*

* In fact you can see some of the cloning that I thought I had done ok until I posted it:crying::bonk:

Never mind - better luck next time

I love the simplicity of this Chris, didn't notice the cloning at first and only as you had pointed it out
(y)

I love the simplicity of this Chris, didn't notice the cloning at first and only as you had pointed it out
(y)

Thanks for the feedback.

Re the rough cloning - if I had seen it before posting I would have changed it but then I was doing other things.......

Also .... I sometimes critique pictures that people put up and I try to make it clear that I am not an expert and probably couldn't do as good a job as they have - pointing out my own mistakes just helps to get that message across too:)

TP_PA061877.jpg

Tori that's brilliant - though i'm concerned that you still had a zip disc handy

Thank you. :)
A zip zip wire was out of the question, as the Lego guy complained it would rattle his li'l plastic teeth out on the way down. (Actually, I wanted to see if I could fill a shot with zips, without actually using a "real" zip. :cool: )

All teasing and silly comments aside, the absence of an actual zip makes this for me!

Some interesting and amusing take here (y) Mike (carter64) stands out.

I had mine planed all week, but we're in the middle of decoration and I've lost my zip :bonk:

I'll catch up over the coming weeks.

Cheers, all.

its not too late - you've still got 2 hours and 12 minutes ;)

enough about your personal life - just get the picture up :LOL:

Ok on with the new theme for this week... although has been stated this is a fun thread so late/previous shots can still be posted.. you folk always come up with such cool ideas so if something suddenly comes to you with a previous theme... Please post it:D

Anyway on to this weeks is.................A Spoon

Good Luck and have lots of fun..:D

I have an old one that would have fitted the Zip theme but after a clear out of my gallery, it/they aren't on line! Not sure anyone really wants to see detail shots of my heed a year ago...

they sell them in tescos

Mmm - nice

edit : I mean the shot of course, not the model

Mmm - nice

edit : I mean the shot of course, not the model

tart...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sorry Yv.... i had meant to add on to this too.... Nice to see you got the zip in too.. gorgeous lighting and eyes... (y)

Last edited:
I thought I better cover my arse in case it turned out to be yvs daughter or something - she's got the same pretty eyes ;)

I knew that ;) (Nod mentioned your daughter modelled for you so the eyes were a bit of a give away)

Yup liking that Yv, such lovely eyes too! Sure she is pleased with that herself.
(y)

My zip is on its way, sorry it's gonna be late peeps! :(

At last - a subject for which I already have some pictures(y)

Earlier this year I was asking family and friends to give me things to photograph. One gave me a ........ spoon!

She said it was a family heirloom and she remembered baking cakes with her Grandma who she loved dearly.

So I came up with this:

Final_flouir_spoon_2013_07_18_1625_TP_reduction.jpg

I don't normally go in for vignetting or sepia but I wanted it to look old.

When I showed it to my friend she was really pleased with it and said, that to her, it looked like a spoonful of love. Anyway it is now a 60cm x 40 cm acrylic fronted picture on her kitchen wall.

Last edited:
I also have a second picture which used an idea I had been wanting to try out and for which the spoon my friend had loaned me was quite handy:

Tomatoes_3_2013_07_18_1650_TP_REDUCED.jpg

So - since I am basically idle - I will now take it easy until next Monday morning:)

Last edited:
Back