Critique My first real bird photography

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Usually a landscape guy. Was treated to a puffin/ osprey trip to Shetland/ Cairngorms for a special birthday present. Just back and thought I'd post what are my first proper bird photos. Had a whale of a time and despite not being a twitcher type I had a great time taking bird photos. Trip to fair isle cancelled due to high winds/ heavy seas so alternate arrangements made but I think gave more options

Arctic Tern 3 by Jim Tod, on Flickr

Puffin by Jim Tod, on Flickr

Osprey by Jim Tod, on Flickr

Osprey 3 by Jim Tod, on Flickr

Gannet by Jim Tod, on Flickr

Comments and critique welcome.

Did a good job there Jim, my favourite has to be the Puffin amongst the flowers ... I just love Puffins.
Tern, 1st Osprey and the Gannet are also very good shots ... a very good first attempt at bird photography (I would never have known!). :)

I just love Puffins.

Gramps, I don't think I've met anyone who doesn't love Puffins. In terms of evolution I have no idea why they've ended up that shape and colour but they're lovely.

I appreciate the comment about not knowing this was my first outing on birds. It was full on and these are a few of the 6000 or so (cough, cough) images I took on the trip- D500 on CH is a bit scary! Doing it again I think I'd spend a bit more time on differnt perspectives and occassionaly put the D500 on CL.

I'm now in love with gannets which I think are beautiful birds.

I don't think I've met anyone who doesn't love Puffins.

I don't remember which one but someone
said openly that he hates them on a thread!

Not me for sure! :)

I was going to post a photo of a grey squirrel on this forum.
I then opened this post ......... and decided not to.

The forum is for everyone, no need to hold back. :)

Great set, especially for a first attempt at bird photography.

Thanks Robin

Good job on the bird pics - lovely one of the Puffin, Sea Pinks and fish
emoji106.png

Thanks John

Back