weekly Nick65's 52 in 2015 - week 4- Companions added

HI Nick.....if we can't help you find your mojo noting will.....ya might lose your sanity along the way but it's a small price to pay :wave:

Thanks Guys and Gals for the supportive messages.

I've got an idea for the practice theme, it's just a matter of trying to achieve what I've got in mind. Now, where did I put that camera and manual :D

Thanks aurorae, I had to relearn how to post images from Flickr. Now, I've just got to work out how to do the link from the main page to here.

Nice start Nick, a nice wintry feel to that one (y)

(I prefer the colour BTW)

Hi Nick - it looks as though it was third morning lucky - those are great shots, I prefer the colour or the two

I would be happy taking pictures on a frosty morning every morning. Love the feel you get from it. I like both, colour gives it something but so does the B&W. Maybe if the white was a bit whiter? Does that even make sense! Either way good start :)

Colour for me too . . . which is strange because my first thought on seeing it was that it would look great in B&W.
I think it's the fact that there isn't a LOT of colour in the original anyway and that the lovely warm bronze of the ferns works so well with the frost.

Plenty of patterns. Colour version is best as much more natural. B & W version spoils the image and does not show the ice off to its full potential as in the colour version.

There is enough variation that works well in the colour for me, nice point of view as well. :)

Great start Nick. stick another vote in for the colour version
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Definitely prefer the black and white version, makes it look crisper and colder, also makes the patterns stand out more!

Wow, what a great response. Thank you to all for your kind comments and words of encouragement. It has certainly been a positive start, with all the feedback for me. I'm sure it will spur me on. I'll endeavour to reciprocate to you all by offering a message of support, suggestions and observations on your shots.

Thanks once again.

Nick

Welcome to 2015 52s Nick, a beautiful image to start off with and well worth all the attempts :clap: With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Welcome to 2015 52s Nick, a beautiful image to start off with and well worth all the attempts :clap: With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Thanks for the welcome and comments Elaine, and good luck for the rest of your year as well.

welcome Nick

Wow ... like this ... the colour one for me. (y)

Nice bliss idea ... respectable looking holeless socks ;)

I thought about something similar, but we don't have a fire in the front room

Nice image.

Phil

I thought about something similar, but we don't have a fire in the front room

Thanks Phil, admittedly, not having a fire in the front room would have made the shot more difficult :D

Also thanks to Mandy, John and Susie for your comments.

It was harder to get the photo than I thought it would be. I didn't want to use flash, as that would have been too harsh on the top of my feet, so I thought I'd just go with the ambient light from the fire and table lamp behind, to give a bit of warm light to the scene, but this meant that I had to go for a slow shutter speed and up the ISO, which then meant that I had to get the tripod out. Which as you can imagine, trying to set up whilst sitting on the sofa with my feet up, looked quite comical. I also had to turn the TV off as this created a blue glow on the soles of my feet.

Thanks once again for looking and commenting.

Nick

Back