Nikon D750 & D780

Well, you say that, but I am swinging by on my way to HK via Emirates.... Is it available at the airport, do you know?

There's a more Nikon gear than you can throw a stick at Dubai Airport (D4s) but not much in Bahrain or Emirates Airport I recall.

Last edited:
There's a more Nikon gear than you can throw a stick at Dubai Airport (D4s) but not much in Bahrain or Emirates Airport I recall.

Thanks Nick. It's DBX I am travelling through - the carrier is Emirates. We've used them quite a bit for trips to Asia since they brought the A380 into service. Will have a look to see what's on offer on my way out, and compare to HK et al when I'm out there. If the bargains look better in Dubai, I will hold and buy on my way back, or extend my trip by a day for a stopover shop.

The great thing about using a company like digitalrev or panamoz is that they give you a warranty. Would it not be better using them rather than buying yourself?

Where did you go with in the end Gary?

Thanks Nick. It's DBX I am travelling through - the carrier is Emirates. We've used them quite a bit for trips to Asia since they brought the A380 into service. Will have a look to see what's on offer on my way out, and compare to HK et al when I'm out there. If the bargains look better in Dubai, I will hold and buy on my way back, or extend my trip by a day for a stopover shop.

The manual will be in Arabic. Not a major issue as you can download one The plug will also be Middle Eastern. I'm not sure about the warranty, presumably worldwide.

Ordered Monday, despatched Tuesday, now in the UK via Dubai and Koln and out for delivery from my local UPS depot.

Sounds like you ordered from Panamoz. Excellent service UK plug and manual. Three year UK warranty. You can even track the delivery on the UPS app on iPhone / Android.

The manual will be in Arabic. Not a major issue as you can download one The plug will also be Middle Eastern. I'm not sure about the warranty, presumably worldwide.

That's not right Nick.

I've just bought the D750 from the AD here in Abu Dhabi and the manual and plug are both "english".

That's not right Nick.

I've just bought the D750 from the AD here in Abu Dhabi and the manual and plug are both "english".

That's good, but the D4s I unboxed at Dubai Airport didn't have the English version though ! - I didn't ask them if they had, they didn't advise me they had either ! The price was excellent but I couldn't really justify it.

That's good, but the D4s I unboxed at Dubai Airport didn't have the English version though ! - I didn't ask them if they had, they didn't advise me they had either ! The price was excellent but I couldn't really justify it.

Interesting. The UAE is a major import/export hub so it's rare to find anything "arabic" here. Yeah, prices are generally very good but I must admit, the D4S would make my eyes water!

I've found that most of the shops on the high streets all over the UAE just sell the consumer range of Nikon cameras. If you ask them to get one in they want money up front. I wanted to see the Df when it first came out. I never found the time to hunt out the Professional Dealers when I was there. I spent 8 months between Bahrain, AD and Dubai last year but at least I got most of my Tax back which was a bonus.

I've found that most of the shops on the high streets all over the UAE just sell the consumer range of Nikon cameras. If you ask them to get one in they want money up front. I wanted to see the Df when it first came out. I never found the time to hunt out the Professional Dealers when I was there. I spent 8 months between Bahrain, AD and Dubai last year but at least I got most of my Tax back which was a bonus.

You're best off going to Grand Stores. I go to the Khalidya branch in Abu Dhabi and the young Filipino lad always sorts me out. Even when I go to other stores and they refuse to discount he'll always do me a good deal.

Initial impressions are good, build quality a mile apart from D600/610, size is small but somehow the deep grip makes it actually feel bigger, limited use as i only have a 24-85mm and its now dark but shot a few in kitchen at ISO 12,800, WOW, wheres the noise, i dont remember my old D3S being this good, AF fast and accurate, i dont like the shutter sound, it doesnt have a "clunk" like what im used to, not keen on the control layout but will take time to get used to it, so far so good.

Initial impressions are good, build quality a mile apart from D600/610, size is small but somehow the deep grip makes it actually feel bigger, limited use as i only have a 24-85mm and its now dark but shot a few in kitchen at ISO 12,800, WOW, wheres the noise, i dont remember my old D3S being this good, AF fast and accurate, i dont like the shutter sound, it doesnt have a "clunk" like what im used to, not keen on the control layout but will take time to get used to it, so far so good.

Hey Gary where did you source yours from?

Did you use BT? All smooth sailing? UK plug?

Just to chime in... I got a UK manual, which I'll never read, and a UK lead, which I'll replace with a 0.25m IEC in my charge box;)

Panamoz are great. From HK to UK in 4 days with no fuss and the comfort of a 3 year warranty. First time I used them and certainly won't be the last.

Last edited:
Thanks Deci - can't say I've read anything about them worth worrying about.

The great thing about using a company like digitalrev or panamoz is that they give you a warranty. Would it not be better using them rather than buying yourself?

Good point and noted. Will certainly be looking into prices, and using their website as a comparator. I guess the choice will boil down to the differential and how I rationalise it.

Just to chime in... I got a UK manual, which I'll never read, and a UK lead, which I'll replace with a 0.25m IEC in my charge box;)

Panamoz are great. From HK to UK in 4 days with no fuss and the comfort of a 3 year warranty. First time I used them and certainly won't be the last.
Is it a genuine manual or like mine, a photocopy with 2 pages of print on one page so to speak

Is it a genuine manual or like mine, a photocopy with 2 pages of print on one page so to speak

I ordered from Panamoz, paid by BACS and received a proper English manual (not a photocopy) and UK plug with the charger. Arrived in four days which I tracked using the UPS app on my iPhone.

On the subject of IPhones you can download an App called Nikon Manual Viewer. Once loaded you can download all your Nikon Camera and Flashgun manuals including the D750 Manual. I would expect there is an Android version available too.

I ordered last night, BACS, from Panamoz, will see what combo plug and manual I get then :)

The price on there makes anything else seem insane.

UK adapter but a UK figure of 8 plug costs about £1, UK manual but photocopy

My D800E came from Panamoz and had a real manual, in English. It's definitely grey import from HK. Where was the D750 sourced from Gary?

My D800E came from Panamoz and had a real manual, in English. It's definitely grey import from HK. Where was the D750 sourced from Gary?
Dont mean to sound stupid but theyre all sourced from Japan!!!!!

Edit, i see what you mean, what market was it intended to be shipped to, the coding on the box says JP for Japan and the cameras menu was originally set to Japanese.

Last edited:
Dont mean to sound stupid but theyre all sourced from Japan!!!!!

Edit, i see what you mean, what market was it intended to be shipped to, the coding on the box says JP for Japan and the cameras menu was originally set to Japanese.

LOL.. :) It's grey though, so not intended for the UK market. I was just wondering how, when mine came from HK, not Japan, why an English manual was included. Looks like HK is a transport hub of some sort, and when you buy grey, it's pot luck as to where yours was intended for. So having a proper English manual makes me think mine was intended for north america if not the UK.

You can tell the intended market by the code on the side of the box, JP for Japan, HK for Hong Kong, EU for Europe, US for North America and so on

I had 2 D800 from Panamoz and both were for Europe, the D7100 i had was HK

A few pics from today, please please, i know you cant tell anything as theyre not full res images, i had nothing set on the camera as i would have liked as i really havent had time to set things up, i have saved these at a low quality as i have very little webspace left.

The last one (the 8th) is shot at ISO 12,800, i realise theres no DOF but i didnt shoot it to create a good image

All were shot in JPEG as i never shoot anything else and all shot with the Nikon 24-85mm f/3.5-5.6 VR

Click for larger sizes

d7502.jpg

d7501.jpg

d7503.jpg

d7504.jpg

Last edited:
Have to say, the reviews of the d750 are tempting.

What's the ISO like compared to a d700. I know dr etc. will be different but would s shot at say 3200 be the same (ish) as 1600? I know that my d700 is slightly better at 1600 than the d300 is at 800.

Has the D750 got the same focus system as the D4s including the area focus thing and as fast?
Its got the group area focus, focus speed is difficult to tell as i only have the 24-85mm which isnt renowned for its speed, its deffo faster than the D800, Nikon like to quote that some of their lower end cameras share the exact same AF as the top end ones, in reality thats just never been true in the past and i dont expect it will be in this case either.

Have to say, the reviews of the d750 are tempting.

What's the ISO like compared to a d700. I know dr etc. will be different but would s shot at say 3200 be the same (ish) as 1600? I know that my d700 is slightly better at 1600 than the d300 is at 800.
Only taken about 40 shots in total and 3 at high ISO but i would say it looks damm close to D3S if not better.

Have mine charged up and ready to go for a wedding tomorrow. A good 14 hour workout in (hopefully) bright sunlight, dark church and reception mostly on a 35mm 1.4 lens... Might even get some light painting in...

Why buy a D4s! A D750 is a third of the price and has 50% more pixels. For 4.5sec faster frame rate? that probably struggles to focus at 11 fps anyway.Some one tell me that this D750 really is not as good as it appears. :beer:

Back