Nikon D750 & D780

Just went to use my spare EN-EL15 battery which was fully charged a few days ago. Put it in the camera and it is totally dead. Put it on charge and the charging light is blinking very rapidly. The battery's ago was showing as 0 (new) but seems to have died overnight. Is this battery dead with the rapid blinking thing going on?

Figured out the rotation issue with my D750, I had to have both 'Rotate Tall' and 'Auto Rotate' enabled :facepalm: Dunno why the update changed this setting :confused:

has anyone used the Nikon 18-35mm on the D750? if so what do you think,can't decide on either the 20mm or 24mm or maybe this.seems to get reasonable reviews but prefer to hear from someone on here.
thanks

Went wide with this (my old sigma 15-30). This is where we stayed in Portugal. I just liked the light.

Room with a View by Paulie-W, on Flickr

That's a great shot Paul, works very well in mono, nice full range of tones showing detail in the shadows & highlights.(y)

George.

I think I need VR or VC these days. I seem to be reeling off some blury stuff indoors!

has anyone used the Nikon 18-35mm on the D750? if so what do you think,can't decide on either the 20mm or 24mm or maybe this.seems to get reasonable reviews but prefer to hear from someone on here.
thanks

I've had the 18-35 for about 6 months now and really like it. It's lightweight, focuses fast enough, and as I generally use it for landscapes and garden photography I don't need a large maximum aperture lens.
It's certainly sharp enough and 18mm at the wide end is plenty wide enough for my needs rather than buying the much heavier 16-35mm.
My laptop is playing up at the moment so I can't put up any pics - sorry.

Just came back from a 3 week holiday in India. Took me some time to catch up on the thread as last week was really hectic. Some really nice images added here.

Here's a quick one of a Temple in India. I shot it bracketed handheld and used the basic hdr function in LR. Will attempt another edit later, but thought of posting it.

Prem Mandir, Vrindavan India
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Just came back from a 3 week holiday in India. Took me some time to catch up on the thread as last week was really hectic. Some really nice images added here.

Here's a quick one of a Temple in India. I shot it bracketed handheld and used the basic hdr function in LR. Will attempt another edit later, but thought of posting it.

That's a "Cracking" shot Anirban, I'm not usually one for HDR type shots but this one works really well for me.(y)

George.

That's a "Cracking" shot Anirban, I'm not usually one for HDR type shots but this one works really well for me.(y)

George.
Thanks George. I am not a HDR fan as well. I have noticed that LR's basic HDR does not produce ott dramatic images.

Very nice Ani, wonderful ornate building by the look of things. Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Very nice Ani, wonderful ornate building by the look of things. Hope you enjoyed your holiday.
Thanks Simon. Really enjoyed our holiday and managed to squeeze in Taj Mahal and Agra Fort while we were in Delhi.

May as well share a few more family snaps, funny how proud dad gets... So this is Rosie's second solid food taste, toast again, how chuffed is she?!

26077376120_0df872831a_o.jpg

Went out for a stroll today around Stratford. So coffee and a slice of rocky road..

25750437593_d0da5dd930_o.jpg

And whilst I'm on the proud dad vibe here's me and the little lady in the coffee shop..

26350250065_e35d1d28c2_o.jpg

Cracking!!! 24-85??

thanks

I have it and really rate it for landscape etc. I got it as a smaller, lighter and cheaper alternative to the 16-35 f4. I don't need fast aperture or VR and the weight saving is significant, you really can't believe how light it feels in your hand. Build quality is a bit plasticy but well screwed together. 77mm filter thread too is a bonus as its the same as a lot of other Nikon zooms.

I'm planning to take it on holiday as a good pairing with a 28-300 for travelling light(ish).

I do fancy trading it for a 14-24 sometime but only because I miss the 10-20mm FOV i had on DX, and it would complete the Nikon f2.8 zoom trio to satisfy my OCD.

Thanks George. I am not a HDR fan as well. I have noticed that LR's basic HDR does not produce ott dramatic images.

I haven't tried it for a while but I believe the Lightroom HDR can combine the data from 3 raw files so it 'extends' the range of your sliders leaving you to be as subtle or crazy as you like. Much more control than letting HDR software combine 3 jpeg and deciding where to normalise the highlights and shadows.

Great shot BTW.

Is that The Cribbar? If so, get some truly monster waves there (by UK standards). Nice shot! :)

No it's nearly at North Fistral not quite though. I take you know Cribbar as being the break off the headland. Another couple off hundred meter's past this shot. Big open beach waves today.

Back