Nikon D750 & D780

Never found it confusing TBH, just used the search function ;)

I`m using it in conjunction with utube :) and finding some weird shizz. Ennio Morricone soundtracks for one . Must resist ...

How does that happen, ha?
Not sure what you mean? Went to my wife's grandad's and he off loaded all his old camera gear on me. Got a really cool folding fan type flash too :)

Not sure what you mean? Went to my wife's grandad's and he off loaded all his old camera gear on me. Got a really cool folding fan type flash too :)

If nothing else, they make for great props, or just on their own :)

"Cracking shot Paul, and well suited to mono, well composed with a good full range of tones, and a very nice sky.(y)

George.

Thanks George :)

How was Belgium?

Thanks George :)

How was Belgium?

Thanks for asking It was a really good time Paul, Bit hectic but good fun. I did most of our PL/Paddock stuff and left the actual race shots to staff members. Saturday was very warm with spectator folk having all sorts of problems with the heat etc. Race day was more comfortable and as you probably know quite eventful. As one of our contracts is with RB it was particularly nice to see them on the podium and usually means we get a useful bonus when this happens. :D:D:D

George.

Today i was using my d750 with a recently purchase 20mm 1.8G. It was really sunny so shooting at around 1/2500th of a seconds if this makes any difference. Then suddently the camera stop working, with ERR display on the top screen, not possible to go in the menu/playback, the shutter was still working when trying to take a picture but not making the same noise. I switch it on off no difference, take the battery off no difference still not working. Swap to the 85mm 1.8G worked absolutly fine, put the 20mm 1.8G back on and no issue. Following this absolutly no issue???

I did look if my camera was part of the recall but no and i did the recall whish seems to be for a flare problem? Anyway anyone has had similar issue?

Hopefully i won't have a problem again but if i do i hope i can get the warranty working.

Last edited:
It's all a bit of a jumble mate tbh. There was the original flare issue, then the shutter shading issue. I found that mine was showing in the frame and affecting me on a day to day basis. Once I could have lived with but when it's every day it's a PITA.

I thought I would share a couple of images from my trip to the Peak District last Saturday. The weather could only be described as 'changeable', at times we saw some sun and others it just poured down! There is definitely a skill to compromising 'edge-scales', one I've not completely figured out. My peak district images are definitely not up to the standard of some posted in this thread.

Millstone Edge Heather by Rob Cain, on Flickr

I thought I would share a couple of images from my trip to the Peak District last Saturday. The weather could only be described as 'changeable', at times we saw some sun and others it just poured down! There is definitely a skill to compromising 'edge-scales', one I've not completely figured out. My peak district images are definitely not up to the standard of some posted in this thread.

Very nice. Didn't realise it was heather season already, need to get myself out soon then (y)

Very nice. Didn't realise it was heather season already, need to get myself out soon then (y)
I went the bank holiday weekend a few years ago and the heather seemed to be at the end of the bloom. I would be interested to see how long it lasts. I try to make a day up there every year from mid-late August, I don't always get there if free time and weather don't match. sadly its a 2.5hr drive for me so I don't get up there very often.

Today i was using my d750 with a recently purchase 20mm 1.8G. It was really sunny so shooting at around 1/2500th of a seconds if this makes any difference. Then suddently the camera stop working, with ERR display on the top screen, not possible to go in the menu/playback, the shutter was still working when trying to take a picture but not making the same noise. I switch it on off no difference, take the battery off no difference still not working. Swap to the 85mm 1.8G worked absolutly fine, put the 20mm 1.8G back on and no issue. Following this absolutly no issue???

I did look if my camera was part of the recall but no and i did the recall whish seems to be for a flare problem? Anyway anyone has had similar issue?

Hopefully i won't have a problem again but if i do i hope i can get the warranty working.

I actually find a lot of similar case in this page http://petapixel.com/2016/04/26/nikon-users-reporting-yet-another-shutter-issue-d750/

The article says:
"According to several forum posts we found reporting this issue (from as far back as December of 2014 till March 31st of 2016), affected cameras will lock up when taking a photo (often after the first shutter actuation of the day) and display an “err” message. In some cases, all that’s required to move past this is a second shutter click; in others, removing the battery, SD card, lens, or any combination of the three may help; for some, even that didn’t work, and the camera had to sit for 24 hours before it would work again."

One person says: "My D750 is in for a repair for something like that. I get the "err" every time I go above 1/1600 sec - no matter if it is with or without a lens. The first shot at 1/1600 also gives me the "err" - but after the first shot at 1/1600 there is no problem."

It only happened once to me but i'll try to reproduce the symptom and see if it appear again. I'll also try to call nikon but i bought the camera on here so i'm not the registered user.

I went the bank holiday weekend a few years ago and the heather seemed to be at the end of the bloom. I would be interested to see how long it lasts. I try to make a day up there every year from mid-late August, I don't always get there if free time and weather don't match. sadly its a 2.5hr drive for me so I don't get up there very often.
Just checked my pics from last year and they were the end of August. Don't know why I thought it bloomed later in the year o_O

Thanks for asking It was a really good time Paul, Bit hectic but good fun. I did most of our PL/Paddock stuff and left the actual race shots to staff members. Saturday was very warm with spectator folk having all sorts of problems with the heat etc. Race day was more comfortable and as you probably know quite eventful. As one of our contracts is with RB it was particularly nice to see them on the podium and usually means we get a useful bonus when this happens. :D:D:D

George.

Smart move letting your minions do the graft ;) Bonus is a sweet tough (y)

Smart move letting your minions do the graft ;) Bonus is a sweet tough (y)

That's just what I pay them for Paul, as they say there's no point in having a dog and barking yourself. Seriously though they're so keen and really experienced they'd probably make a far better job of those shots than me.(y)

George.

That's just what I pay them for Paul, as they say there's no point in having a dog and barking yourself. Seriously though they're so keen and really experienced they'd probably make a far better job of those shots than me.(y)

George.
May have the opportunity of being a guest at mclaren for the previous season testing in Barcelona if its there next year.
A one day thing but we are going there regardless anyway so it may just be a big bonus if it comes off

May have the opportunity of being a guest at mclaren for the previous season testing in Barcelona if its there next year.
A one day thing but we are going there regardless anyway so it may just be a big bonus if it comes off
I would seriously love the opportunity to do something like this, hope it comes off for you (y)

You'll love it Mark, it's a great experience if it comes off.(y)

"The next one that I personally cover will be "Singapore", I absolutely love that place and I usually take my wife with me for a bit of a vacation. And then I'll probably not attend another race until I go back home for the USA meeting"

George.

You'll love it Mark, it's a great experience if it comes off.(y)

"The next one that I personally cover will be "Singapore", I absolutely love that place and I usually take my wife with me for a bit of a vacation. And then I'll probably not attend another race until I go back home for the USA meeting"

George.

You must have the worst job in the world.
I'll swap with you if you ever get bored of it. :):)

I thought the built in flash will automatically change into FP mode in manual, but it appears not? At the beach earlier and needed just a blip to assist but couldn't raise above 1/250 - I'm sure I've done that before? Looked at the manual and appears only dedicated flash guns. Extremely rare occurrence anyway.

I thought the built in flash will automatically change into FP mode in manual, but it appears not? At the beach earlier and needed just a blip to assist but couldn't raise above 1/250 - I'm sure I've done that before? Looked at the manual and appears only dedicated flash guns. Extremely rare occurrence anyway.
Nope, sync speed is 1/250 which is what the built in flash will go to. HSS requires a speedlight.

I'm not much of a "landscaper" but these look great Rob. There's a few shots I keep driving past this last few days whilst being away but I can't be arsed getting at stupid o'clock to do it whilst I'm on holiday,weathers usually pants when I do that kind of thing.

Thanks Toby. I usually take a flash gun away with me but haven't bothered this year.
What I find odd is why there are 2 fp flash speeds, 1/200 and 1/250. Anyone know why?

Back