Nikon D800......

I am one of those type of people that normally takes up a hobby and then swaps and changes equipment for no real reason. I was the same with air rifles and most other hobbies before that.
I went through 4 cameras in 6 months when I first started but landed on the D810 in August 2014.

Since then I have stuck with it - I have looked at other cameras but nothing has come along that would make me give up my D810.

It is a bit of a jack of all trades and does not match some cameras in some areas but it does do landscape really well and for wildlife I love the cropability of the images. I am lucky enough to own a 500mm F4 and even with a 1.4 TC I still struggle to get close enough to wildlife at times.

I cannot compare it to the D800 or D800E as have not used them - I know Joe Turner used a D800 and got great results.

Here are some of my photos from the last 6 months - I am only 20 months into my photography journey so the limitation on all my photography is me and not the equipment.

These have probably been posted on other sub forums before :)

I'm going to get you little fishy by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Stood solid against time by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Weasel on the bridge by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Bamburgh sunrise by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Hare on the move by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Into the valley of dreams by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Vixen by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:
Shaheed and Dave, stellar images above, totally utstanding actually. They're so clean and clear in their content/colour/crispness....!!

I appaude you.

Looking forward to ordering a D810 if I can shift another Fuji lens of mine.

Yes come on David, man up and be honest with yourself [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Although I have a d750, and it is brilliant in many ways, if I'm doing anything with studio lights/tripod - it's got to be the d800.

Peter I've had all 3 versions The 800, 800e and the the 810 (won't bore you with the details why). To me unless your printing massive the difference between them all in image quality is not noticible, I do use the 64 iso setting whenever I can through and yes if your really looking it is slightly better. Although I do think the af is improved on the 810.
I post some images up later when I get the chance.

If your looking to buy either a used 800/E (like me), but a brand new 810 body is £1500 with 3yr warranty, kinda puts you off buying a used 800/E as they sell used between £1150 - £1350 ish.

Last edited:
You have answered the question Peter D810 it is, I have had the 800 now for around two years it has had everythng possible that mother nature can throw at it here in the UK I can hold my hand up for all those agree with weather seal, I mainly shoot landscapes and follow stormes and very cold and wet weather around :eek: it also holds its own for shooting indoors and I have had great images at very low light.PS not missed a beat yet

Last edited:
Reactions: ST4
Back