Oh no... Another 365!

Nice shot. I was thinking about doing one of these, but the missus packed everything up when I was out! Still, at least I didn't have to do it :D

Woot :woot: made it to day 7.

Today's shot has nothing to do with how I feel about the 365 but how I feel about this week. Stuck on a training course I don't wanna be stuck on. Have to endure the A14 for 2 more days yet... The weekend is 450 miles away.
I just want to vanish into a corner and never come out, well, I only want to come out to take photos!

365_7.jpg

First self portrait, I'm still too ugly to post many more though.

Thanks fabs, I know you'll keep me going.

Cheers Mau,
glad you like them... I only came for the motorsports pics, but I haven't spent much time there recently been too busy with this lol.

Great shots so far!

I've posted a few self portraits in mine but they've mostly been silly ones like today's or the first one.

Good shot mate that sums up pretty much how I feel everyday at work.

Cheers all, thanks for checking back with me.
Pants, I was wondering today if I should have made it a bit more contrasty, but I wasn't looking at it while driving my car, so your comment has put my mind at rest over that one.

This is my girlfriend Vicki, she offered me a photo yesterday before he haircut but I had the SP in my head.
So got the one of her today

365_8.jpg

The crop is too tight on the chin IMO, but it's the one she liked, can't even see the hairdo properly lol.

Nice shot Cyclone would agree that the crop is a little tight but the lighting is spot on and its very sharp nice eye contact also.

Sean

I like the tight crop.

Now it seems as though I'm stalking you, but it's just that any replies to this thread keep popping up as email notifications and I can't help looking.

I like the self portrait - pretty much sums up how I've felt about this week as well.

Congrats on you first week of 365'ing (y)

Nice shot Cyclone would agree that the crop is a little tight but the lighting is spot on and its very sharp nice eye contact also.

Sean
Cheers mate, I'm not very good at people shots yet.

I like the tight crop.

Now it seems as though I'm stalking you, but it's just that any replies to this thread keep popping up as email notifications and I can't help looking.
I'm chuffed to bits people are checking back to see my photo's. It's not worrying me it's encouraging me, thanks for looking and commenting.

Nice shot. See what you mean about the cropped chin, but if it's the one she likes...:shrug: ;)
Yep, gotta keep em happy.

I like the self portrait - pretty much sums up how I've felt about this week as well.

Congrats on you first week of 365'ing (y)
TVM! Hope you feel better next week, hope I do to!

Todays.
Missed out on the best light. I'm not really into landscape although you wouldn't think it by looking at my 365 so far.
Didn't manage to get what I wanted.

365_9.jpg

The white dot is Venus, cool eh?

Thats a very nice shot mate love the colour of the sky and the tree has a very interesting silhouette plenty of shape and detail to it, as for being Venus I'v got no idea, but if it is.... very cool. Well done mate (y)

Sean

Caught the light well there. Shame about the line going across near the bottom, how are your cloning skills?

Terrible. Sometimes it works, sometimes I just can't get it right, I had 2 goes at it and decided it wasn't happening and I wasn't going to get anything else today.

Thanks all for dropping by :D

LOL, I want to do a course actually.
I've worked a fair bit out by experimenting, but sometimes get stuck with stuff that I bet is actually prety simple.

Cheers Dave, I think a lot of problems with my photo's and other peoples sometimes, is that they are too 'busy', I like minimalist.

Today was a big struggle, until Vicki and I went for a walk in a local nature reserve.

365_10.jpg

I know there are better robin shots on here, but I'm not really tooled up for birds, so pretty happy with the result. 70-300VR @ 300mm, f/5.6 (wide open), ISO500, 1/15s! :eek::eek::eek:
I'm very careful going over ISO400 as the noise starts to kill any sharpness you might get later on.

That's superb, especially for the shutter speed. I use a D80 and 70-300 VR too - a great combination. In fact, my 365 was shot with this combination today.

Love the fat Robin! Lovely shot

Cheers for looking and commenting peeps.

I decided to make me a grid spot today, saw it inked here somewhere and thought what the hell lets give it a bash.
Not really happy with how it went today, the shot is supposed to represent being prepared for the week ahead, end of the weekend and all that.
the grid works well though, no major PP here, slight crop, resize and added text.

365_11_2.jpg

Bit more experience and this may turn out how I want...

Somehow missed your robin shot I think its great most of my bird shots come out carp well done.

Nice job on the grid spot works well gives a really nice light was this on camera or off mate? I actually really like this shot not sure why but it appeals to me. Well done and keep up the good work.

Sean

Speedlight was tripod mounted at roughly 90 degrees to the left of the shot, pointing virtually straight down.
There are a couple things I'd like to change, would try the flash much closer to the floor for a longer shadow. The trainers were supposed to be in the dark but visible as the weekend fading away, but the grid worked too well and I wish I'd just done the shoes.
Definitely an interesting thing to try out though.

Sorry guys not been about as much as I'd like.
I am keeping an eye out, just been a little busy lately, which is a good thing I guess. Promise to catch up with all of the 365ers ASAP.
Unplanned one for today, bit of a recession shot I think, let me know what you think?

365_12_2.jpg

All I wanted was to get todays rain, but I sort of like this one.
Others are in the gallery, not very special though.

Not at all, I'm flattered!
I'll try to make it earlier tomorrow, can't promise though.

Back