One Stop Digital - Experiences??

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone had experience of dealing with One Stop Digital?

I am particularly interested in any large purchases made from them. Did you claim back the VAT? How easy was it? How long did it take?

Has anyone had experience of dealing with One Stop Digital?

I am particularly interested in any large purchases made from them. Did you claim back the VAT? How easy was it? How long did it take?

Couple of sub £200 purchases. Came within 7-10 days and no VAT.
No problems.

Very quick and good service was what I received so a (y) from me ;)

I've spent over £2000 with them, have had the kit within 3 working days (choose the fedex option) not paid any duty. Items exactly as described.

Just looking at a pair of FlexTL pocket wizards from them! (Can't afford them at the moment though).

Similar thread here James!

I have spent around £1500 with them in 3 orders, very quick and hassel free. Not had to claim any VAT back yet though. Looking at more stuff from them when i can afford it :)

just spent £3000 with them on nikon kit....no issues with vat or delivery....it arrived in 4 days from hong kong....quicker than some suppliers in the uk....;)

No problems with two orders I placed with them either

I've spent over £2000 with them, have had the kit within 3 working days (choose the fedex option) not paid any duty. Items exactly as described.

ditto, ove 2k spent in the past, no problems. As Ed said, do a forum search you will find loads of threads overing OSD and feedback on them.

never used them for massive purchases, but all i have used them for have been very smooth and hassle free, i ordered 2 days before xmas and they even emailed and said did i want a faster delivery for xmas, as i hadnt changed from free delivery, i saisd no its fine as it wasnt a present, and i still recieved the items before new years eve, very impressed with them

I have used them twice, very quick delivery and no VAT issues.

There was more of a price advantage before exchange rate problems with the value of the £

I bought lens and flash, if I was buying a camera I would investigate warrenty first.

Very good I ordered a lens and they gave me instant refund when it went out of stock no messing about
Bob

Over the last 18 months I have sold most of my Canon lenses and replaced them with "L" lenses so I have spent a bob or two. OSD is my #1 choice. Great prices and great service with delivery usually within a few days. I ordered a grip for my 5D Mk2 on a Sunday and it arrived here in Aberdeen on Wednesday (by FedEx).

I ordered a Canon 10-22mm from them a while ago...

I ordered it Tues afternoon and it was here Friday morning and online tracking was great.

I have since had a Seconic light meter from them.

Would'nt hesitate to buy from them again.

Good company, used them in the past, lens came the day before I was due to go on holiday. Good service and competitive pricing.

I'm surprised that so many people are prepared to admit on a public forum that they have defrauded HM Revenue & Customs of VAT and duty, often for multi thousand £ purchases.

I'm sure One Stop Digital are a reputable firm in as far as they'll send the goods, and give a decent service. But they do seem to be based around the premise that it's ok not to declare the goods for tax purposes.

I guess it just means that the rest of us pay a little more?

I can give them the thumbs up,
used them plenty of times and spent a good few bob.U
Never got stung with vat etc (touches wood) they send lens etc over as repairs and what have you, they have plenty of ways around customs hence they don't usually get pulled.
Should you get caught they guarantee to pay back whatever the charges are.

All of the equipment i have had from them is spot on no problems, Any issues with them you can just send them back and they will sort it asap.

Everything i have bought is always on a Monday and i have received it by the Friday sometimes by the Thursday which is a mega service to me :) Full tracking is available aswell.

Go for it James!

Regards,
Jon.S

I'm surprised that so many people are prepared to admit on a public forum that they have defrauded HM Revenue & Customs of VAT and duty, often for multi thousand £ purchases.

I'm sure One Stop Digital are a reputable firm in as far as they'll send the goods, and give a decent service. But they do seem to be based around the premise that it's ok not to declare the goods for tax purposes.

I guess it just means that the rest of us pay a little more?

"Any VAT incurred will be reimbursed." is the promise they make, I see nothing about defrauding customs.

Don't be silly. The inference is that most shipments will make it through the system avoiding vat and duty. And no matter how you look at that, it's tantamount to fraud.

Last edited:
Don't be silly. The inference is that most shipments will make it through the system avoiding vat and duty. And no matter how you look at that, it's tantamount to fraud.

Don't be patronising.

Don't be patronising.

I'm sorry you see it that way, and I genuinely didn't mean to come across like that.
I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. You ok with that Steep?

cheers
Bill

Sure do, for information, I bought from onestop a couple of years back, paid and had the the vat refunded, I don't see how that is ripping off the taxman.

Sure do, for information, I bought from onestop a couple of years back, paid and had the the vat refunded, I don't see how that is ripping off the taxman.

Actually I'd agree with you 100% there. If you got charged, paid it, and then got refunded from onestop, then you haven't cheated anyone at all.

It's just that I suspect the whole idea of this companies way of doing business is that they expect to get the majority of the shipments through without the payment of duty & VAT. And that I do think is wrong.

But I'd better shut up now... :)

cheers
Bill

As the consumer, we are purchasing a product, having it delivered all above board, where we would of course expect it to have the VAT added on before reaching us. If that doesn't happen, well what a shame. More fool HMRC.

Perhaps it would be morally right to declare these goods voluntarily and pay the VAT after they're arrived on your doorstep? Maybe so but I think there are greater evils at work in the world we should be worrying about.

Anyhow, I've used OSD a couple of times and it's always arrived incredibly quickly and been well packaged.

Most shipments WILL come through without duty. If customs don`t check everything, how is anyone defrauding them? :shrug:

Brilliant, thanks! I'm going to order my sigma 105mm now!! Happy late Christmas to meeeee!

bought a tokina 11-16mm for my nikon and it was very soft and they replaced for another and it was also soft and in the end they give me a full refund, 100% to deal with and will use again.

ps bought a sigma 10-20mm and it is pin sharp :)

If it turns out that VAT gets paid can you say how the refund is arranged?

Got to say this firm sounds good. The reviews are excellent. I am looking to buy a lens that costs £529 here, but £369 from OSD.

Just seen that the D700 is £1567 with them

From this thread it seems nobody has had to go through the hassle of claiming VAT and import duty charges back yet, although most people seem to have bought lenses. Reckon there is a higher change that a purchase this size will attract those fees?

Just seen that the D700 is £1567 with them

From this thread it seems nobody has had to go through the hassle of claiming VAT and import duty charges back yet, although most people seem to have bought lenses. Reckon there is a higher change that a purchase this size will attract those fees?

OSD website gives advice on how to claim back VAT from them. They seem to be a very slick outfit.
I ordered a lens from them yesterday that retails for £530 here. OSD price is £360. It is on it's way (FEDEX).

Thanks Dougie. Yes, I've seen the advice, just hate the thought of having to follow it! Hope you enjoy that new lens.

Back