One Stop Digital - Experiences??

bought a tokina 11-16mm for my nikon and it was very soft and they replaced for another and it was also soft and in the end they give me a full refund, 100% to deal with and will use again.

How much did it cost to return the lens to HK? Just wondering as I'm interested in getting a Sigma lens from them, and that brand are famed for their sample variation, so if it's likely to be an expensive exercise getting a sharp copy I may be better off popping into Jacobs :shrug:

My order above arrived at the Fedex depot in Paisley at 0800 this morning so should be delivered by noon.

Something wrong with Fedex tracker.
Item now shown at Newark New Jersey at 0930.

I tried the telephone tracker and it reports the item as on a vehicle for delivery.

Another vote of confidence here!

Ordered an 85 1.4 Tuesday night - arrived Thursday 5PM. Pretty much the same as RM lol!

Easy peasy and well chuffed!

Just one word of warning, just been reading on another forum that HMRC might be getting wise to OSD trick of reducing the value of the goods on the package and someone who has purchased a lens had a call asking what was in the package and the value of the item, apparantly they are now 'pulling' more of their parcels than usual to check contents/declared pricing.

I know OSD will repay VAT so not a big problem but thought it was worth making folks aware as may hold up your shipments a little :(

Just one word of warning, just been reading on another forum that HMRC might be getting wise to OSD trick of reducing the value of the goods on the package and someone who has purchased a lens had a call asking what was in the package and the value of the item, apparantly they are now 'pulling' more of their parcels than usual to check contents/declared pricing.

I know OSD will repay VAT so not a big problem but thought it was worth making folks aware as may hold up your shipments a little :(

What forum did you read that on, Nick?

Had a letter this morning from FeDex asking me for £13.65 duty and administration fee, I think someone has 'bubbled' them!

Just been on the phone to FedEx. Customs got the lens etc and wanting import and VAT paid. It was listed as Package available for Clearance for 2 days so thought I better get in touch! It's listed as repair but customs won't believe it without supporting paperwork. Looks like i'll be paying the vat and import then claim it back from One Stop!

Just been on the phone to FedEx. Customs got the lens etc and wanting import and VAT paid. It was listed as Package available for Clearance for 2 days so thought I better get in touch! It's listed as repair but customs won't believe it without supporting paperwork. Looks like i'll be paying the vat and import then claim it back from One Stop!

I had that a few weeks ago, but it still came through OK.

Looks like it's moving again and One stop have confirmed that they will repay any vat and duty incurred so it's still beneficial. Hopefully should have it in the next couple of days then I'm assuming I'll find out how much the extra charge is. Excellent communications from One Stop and their VAT repay policy still makes it work out a good deal, just a bit more faff involved!

I have noticed that OSD's prices have been going up recently. It could be just the pound sinking further or maybe they are being hit by customs charges.

I have noticed that OSD's prices have been going up recently. It could be just the pound sinking further or maybe they are being hit by customs charges.

If they have been getting hit by customs then either their prices will rise or the offer to refund VAT will be withdrawn.
Be interesting to see if anyone on here gets a VAT bill.

I ordered a lens off them and it's been pulled by customs/FedEx as they're not too keen on the value of the lens. Been emailing onestop and FedEx for 2,3,4 days now, making some progress now. You have been warned

I ordered a lens off them and it's been pulled by customs/FedEx as they're not too keen on the value of the lens. Been emailing onestop and FedEx for 2,3,4 days now, making some progress now. You have been warned

Can you let us know how this pans out, please.
Strange how folk have been using them for years and suddenly there are problems.
I wonder if HMRC have been tipped off?

Mine hasn't been stopped by customs, from what I can picture of the pieces it's FedEx that have stopped it. Strange Much.

Can you let us know how this pans out, please.
Strange how folk have been using them for years and suddenly there are problems.
I wonder if HMRC have been tipped off?

Only since this thread was started ;)

Only since this thread was started ;)

There was a post back on 13 Jan where someone reported knowing of a couple of packages getting stopped and the fact that OSD have a system for refunding tax indicates that it must happen.
Be handy to know if it is random or is OSD being singled out.

I mentioned before that my neighbour buys loads of electronic kit from various HK outlets and never has had anything stopped, whereas everything he gets from USA is stopped.

Bunged he tracking number in now to see if anything had happened and it's oop north at prestwick now, job done with customs then hopefully. Should be here tommorow/tuesday.

Will keep you posted

Bunged he tracking number in now to see if anything had happened and it's oop north at prestwick now, job done with customs then hopefully. Should be here tommorow/tuesday.

Will keep you posted

I'll bet you get a letter from FedEx about a week after the goods are delivered!

Got the lens yesterday by fedex, no invoice thus far. Teleconverter today with the postie, no tax to pay thus far. Happy Bunny (thus far)

Back