PANAMOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then whey did you say 'everything'?. Didn't look very hard, did you?

Anyway, interesting to watch the price trends and see what happens.

My post before that never said anything regarding Canon products youre specifically looking at. Only everything I was looking at, as per my post you quoted.

Last edited:
looks like the good times are well and truly over. Any prospect of prices going down?

It's odd. Whilst the GBP has taken a massive hit and there have been rises over at DR and OSD, their rises have nothing like Panamoz. WEX's 600ex-rt price is £469 and Amazon is similar. Even with 5% discount of the 600ex-rt at Panamoz, it is still vastly over priced.

HDEW looks very attractive now.

It's very odd what's happening with Panamoz. Nikon equipment has risen too, so it's not just a Canon isolated thing.

That's what I noticed a few days ago, they'll soon lose their reputation and customers with those prices. On the plus side if you're selling now's a great time and the uk stores get a break for a change whic our economy could clearly do with.

That's what I noticed a few days ago, they'll soon lose their reputation and customers with those prices. On the plus side if you're selling now's a great time and the uk stores get a break for a change whic our economy could clearly do with.

Fair point, but OSD and DR offer best prices now it seems for certain items. Panamoz has lost the plot. Even with currency changes, there is no justification for having the 600ex-rt as over £500, lol.

Weird.

My thought on their prices is they must be making a very large profit now :shake:, considering they are now pretty similar to UK prices who have had to pay VAT and import duty (where applicable) on the UK stock.

My thought on their prices is they must be making a very large profit now :shake:, considering they are now pretty similar to UK prices who have had to pay VAT and import duty (where applicable) on the UK stock.

No one will be buying items at their prices now, surely? Those who are aware of Panamoz and willing to buy would also be aware of Digital Rev, One Stop Digital, HDEW and others. Their prices make little sense.

No one will be buying items at their prices now, surely? Those who are aware of Panamoz and willing to buy would also be aware of Digital Rev, One Stop Digital, HDEW and others. Their prices make little sense.

Perhaps, but their website is quite devious, nowhere does it list a location, and they cleverly have a Union Jack in the right corner of their web page to give an impression of being a UK company.

The average person deciding to buy a camera (as opposed to an enthusiast who might check forums) might do a google search and end up on the Panamoz page thinking its British, their prices are still competitive by a small percentage against UK sites like WEX who do have to pay VAT and import duty.

Was thinking of buying a Canon 100mm L macro over the weekend but panamoz prices have rocketed to £698 where as its at £569 from hdew. Panamoz are even more than amazon.

They've certainly lost out on my business until they bring their prices back down to be competitive in the grey market. That is if they bring them down?....

Has anyone thought to ask them why the prices have moved so much rather than speculating in general here?

Has anyone thought to ask them why the prices have moved so much rather than speculating in general here?

Yeah.

"Sorry about the delay, as we've been on holiday.

This is because the pounds has been dropping sharply, which forces us to
increase our prices.

For bank transfer, the best price we can do is 560 GBP. Please let us know
if you're interested?

Regards,
Tina
Customer Support
Panamoz.com"

Tbh the pound hasn't dropped that much. Lets take the rx100 as example, 403 + 7% is 431 not 532.

Last edited:
Yeah.

"Sorry about the delay, as we've been on holiday.

This is because the pounds has been dropping sharply, which forces us to
increase our prices.

For bank transfer, the best price we can do is 560 GBP. Please let us know
if you're interested?

Regards,
Tina
Customer Support
Panamoz.com"

Maybe I'm just missing something and don't understand international currency dealing properly, but as I read the graphs while there has been a devaluation over the last week or so the GBP is still significantly higher than it was in December and early January.

What were the Panamoz prices like in December?

8501005708_4d14c7c5ab_b.jpg

Flippin nora.I was going to buy a Canon 24-70 F2.8 MK2 on Monday.It's gone up £250 in less than a week.I'm seriously wondering if their website has been hacked.The price for that Canon 50 F1.8 is just stupid.

Gary

Nope, not hacked see the response posted above.

"This is because the pounds has been dropping sharply, which forces us to increase our prices"

Flippin nora.I was going to buy a Canon 24-70 F2.8 MK2 on Monday.It's gone up £250 in less than a week.I'm seriously wondering if their website has been hacked.The price for that Canon 50 F1.8 is just stupid.

Gary

HDEW have it for £1449, in stock by the looks of it. I really wish i had got it when it was £1350 from Panamoz but as soon as my Amazon refund comes through from my Tamron im going to order the Canon. Hopefully prices will drop a bit by then.

I noticed Panamoz are doing the Canon 50mm f/1.4 for £400 :puke:

Something Odd is going on.

I emailed them about the Sigma 150-500 10 days ago, got no reply, a couple of days ago it went up £150. So I sent them a nudge email only to be told sorry its out of stock now!

I followed that up asking for a 6D & 24-70 f4 at the BT price of £2000 and for a BT invoice, no reply from them at all and its now marked out of stock on the website (They have increased the Headline price a lot but left the BT Price at £2000)

Despite a very good transaction a few weeks ago on a 5DIII & 24-105 which I could not fault, I would be very hesitant to use them at the moment with these wild fluctuations and flaky communications.

There are many very odd discrepancies on the prices, they currently list the 5DIII + 24.105 at a headline price of £2631 that's up £250+ on a couple of weeks ago, but the BT Price is now £2300 that's only up £30 on the same time period (That price would also give a 12% plus discount on the headline price)

All very odd.

The prices on the site seem to be aimed at discouraging rather than encouraging purchases!. Just look at the Canon 600EX-RT Flash, that has been pushed up every day over the past week or so from £300is at the start its now at £555 so about a 40% increase.

Last edited:
imagine said:
Maybe customs have paid them a visit and they have a few bills to pay?

With so many people posting how they've avoided uk tax on their purchases, what ever could give you that idea ;)

I e-mailed them about a Tamron 17-50mm, got no reply after 2 days, sent them another e-mail with no reply, that day the Tamron went 'out of stock' then the price jumped by £60 an hour later. I do wonder if they didn't reply to my e-mails as they were waiting to raise the prices. Ah well.

Edit - Just checked, the Tamron has went up again since I last looked. At the time of my first email the Tamron was £223, then £283, now its £357.

Last edited:
There are fluctuations but then there is just plain weird...

Olympus 17mm 2.8 - Panamoz £404 / Amazon £229
Olympus 45mm 1.8 - Panamoz £468 / Amazon £219
Panasonic 25mm 1.4 - Panamoz £619 / Amazon £427

Ok now this is scary. I paid for a sigma 35 1.4 over a month ago after I've been told that this lens is in stock. Then They emailed that there was a mistake and it is out of stock. So I have been waiting since hoping that it will be in stock soon. Now other stores have it in stock and they say they don't have it. I paid via BT and with all that stange pricing and theirs slow responses, I'm worried. I asked today for a refund and hope I will get it quickly. It's all very suspicious and doesn't make any sense... I mean by paing via BT if they decide to close the business I'm £480 short :(

Just another price observation, on 29th Jan a Panasonix GX1 with 14-42mm PZ lens was £348.99. Today it is £422.

They must surely be aware that the reason people use them, and other grey importers, is that they want to pay as little as possible so they're pricing themselves out of business!

Maybe I'm just missing something and don't understand international currency dealing properly, but as I read the graphs while there has been a devaluation over the last week or so the GBP is still significantly higher than it was in December and early January.

What were the Panamoz prices like in December?

That graph shows it against the Euro. The £ against the HKD has dropped approx 7-8% since December.
I agree with everyone else the prices are way above currency fluctuations they seem to be simply hiking their prices up across the board, something the other importers are NOT doing.
For example the 24-70L II before chinese new year (feb 10th) was approx £1395, now it's listed as £1590! That's about a 15% increase, the Nikon 70-200 VR II has also increased by a similar margin. There's also things like the Sigma 35mm f1.4 that has totally vanished from their site, which seems strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back