Panasonic Lumix LX7 Thread

As I've been very good this year, I have received an LX7 this morning :)

I don't think there is a remote release available for this camera - can anyone confirm?

Also, I read something recently about chipped batteries and therefore only being able to use branded Panasonic batteries - does this apply to the LX7? Any recommendations as to spare batteries if it doesn't need to be Panasonic?

Last edited:
As I've been very good this year, I have received an LX7 this morning :)

I don't think there is a remote release available for this camera - can anyone confirm?

Also, I read something recently about chipped batteries and therefore only being able to use branded Panasonic batteries - does this apply to the LX7? Any recommendations as to spare batteries if it doesn't need to be Panasonic?

No remote release sarah...what do you need it for out f interest?

It does take 3rd party batteries - I have one. I'm sure a quick ebay search would give you options.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response. I'm just used to having one and I thought it would be useful, but I was pretty sure it wasn't an option.

I'll definitely check out compatible batteries, as the Panasonic ones are quite pricey.

Bit of panning...

1545916_10153675472180305_849574131_n.jpg

Hi All

I am still getting to know my new LX7. I would like to use it in a disco, bending and stretching the disco lights.

Has anybody achieved this, with this camera? Any help with camera settings and technique greatly appreciated.

Graham

Would the LX7 be a good replacement for my Canon 550D with 50mm lens? Reason is i am looking for a smaller camera to travel with but also has great quality with shots etc. Ta

Would the LX7 be a good replacement for my Canon 550D with 50mm lens? Reason is i am looking for a smaller camera to travel with but also has great quality with shots etc. Ta
It will give you good quality and the lens is very sharp, but not the dexterity a dslr offers.

If I look at some of the best shots I've taken with the LX7 without knowing the camera the image was taken on, I probably couldn't say if it was a compact or not.

One thing that is really good quality is the video. I'm very impressed by the video footage it outputs at 1080/50p.

Would I swap a dslr for it? No.

Would I worry I didn't have a dslr if I was carrying my LX7? No.

Thanks Phil. Trying to decide wether or not to ditch the 550D for a more travel friendly camera as i dont use the DSLR that much

Talking of video. Here are two I've taken over the last few days. Remember to put them on in HD.

Hi Phil

I have never attempted anything like this before, probably because I never go to discos. I know the technique needs practise but this is a really special occasion so I must try.

This is what I have in mind. http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Disco_Lights_Gill.jpg

Your panning shot is really good considering is has been done on a camera without a viewfinder.

Graham.
Graham,

That just looks like a longer exposure to capture movement. Most cameras will be able to reproduce this...

Thanks for the reply Phil.

I had thought a good starting point would be ½ sec 5.6 around 640iso. The LX7 provides iso options of 400 or 800 with nothing in between.

When placing the camera in manual mode it defaults to 80iso. Not what I would expect from manual mode.

1st curtain syn would give horizontal subjects, 2nd curtain would place the blur behind the subjects. Does anybody have any thoughts on which syn would be best?

Graham.

Thanks for the tip Phil.

Had I thought it out properly I would have realised the lens has a very wide angle so using it wide open is the way to go.

Thanks Graham.

Back