Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

We're doing well for migrating Ring Ouzel this spring, this is the 3rd bird through and still time for a few more

The pov is a little deceiving, I was down a hill looking up :)

Ring ouzel head.jpg

Nicely done on the bee-fly Gav.

I haven't been very far recently. These were taken in the garden :D

A cheap lens and flowers. A perfect combination :D

eax5hsH.jpg

yloyxCY.jpg

5DxnGz7.jpg

Outdoor browsing.

pJNGpHc.jpg

Every time I come across this camera I think/do exactly the same thing, I think I wonder how good the zoom is ! I charge up some AA batteries and give it a go then think , I should use that more but it never happens !

The camera was brought when I first got into photography seriously, I started with film which I still like today but have always struggle with the idea of using film with all it's costs and then converting to digital anyway. This camera was hardley used as I continued with film for some time and then brought myself a Sony a6000.

The cheap superzoom camera ( photo from my old,budget battered smart phone.

kodak.jpg

Pay attention to the orange blob in the centre !
ROT2.JPG

Optical zoom not quite all the way, I think with a tripod I could read the engine label but it is really hard to hold it steady. Full zoom is quite a bit more. I have also had to reduce quality more on the close up shot in order to get it under the 500k limit !

ROT.JPG

I don't think it is too bad considering it was a £99 camera ! If it had an EVF or optical view finder I would definately use it a lot more. I may look for something second hand that does have one.

Last edited:
Back