Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mathers are also handing out vouchers to get the warranty extended to 3 years for free ;)

They didn't have any left when I was there so he said he'd post me it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have. Looks like I'll be waiting a while before ordering a spare.

Before that though I've got to find a case. Has anyone found a case for the GF1 with 20mm attached? I don't want another bag, but something akin to the old ever-ready cases of days gone by would be nice, especially if it were brown leather like the ones Panasonic/Leica do for their compacts.

The offical Panasonic one looks a little drab for >£65

dmw-cgl1-k.jpg

The really bad news is £65 is only for the top half of the case, as shown here, the other half....

dmw-cgb1_black_b.jpg

will set you back another £50 or so, making a total of just under £120 :wacky:

Dam that's a good price on the gf1 double lens kit, wish they had some in now. I'm leaving on a trip on Friday and the earliest they can get some is Monday :(

Currys super stores do a wide range of smaller bags.

Currys super stores do a wide range of smaller bags.

I think the Lowepro Nova 160 AW is ideal for this camera and a few additional lenses. It's less than half the size of my previous kit bag.

Failing that any kind of large IPOD sock would be good for keeping it protecting in your jacket pocket [maybe even a small velvet lens bag].

mine will be living in a Kata DR467, might be overkill but when your out as a family, lots of space for kid's stuff is a must.
Got a slingshot 100 that should be ok, failing that see what santa will bring me.

I think the Lowepro Nova 160 AW is ideal for this camera and a few additional lenses. It's less than half the size of my previous kit bag.

Failing that any kind of large IPOD sock would be good for keeping it protecting in your jacket pocket [maybe even a small velvet lens bag].

I want a case though, not a bag, something brown and leather, like this:

DLux4BROWN_CASE1224769660_615.jpg

I wouldn't mind a custom case for the GF1 and the 20mm. Something smaller than my bag for quick trips, travel to work.. so I can always have my little black box handy.

the deed is done, i now have a GF1 in my possession. TIme to charge up the battery and rtfm.

Yeah, I saw those. They look good, but would like to see some more especially if anyone's taken some landscape and especially contrasty landscape shots.

It's a superb piece of work and functions beautifully either using bottom half only or both as a classic ERC. Highly recommended, picked mine up from Ask in Tot ct rd London for £55 along with camera.
I tried the 2.8 / 45mm in store there today and examined the raw images in the laptop. Expensive but what the hell, us cynical old pros need our fun, so i bought it and look forward to putting it through it's paces over the weekend.

I grabbed 20 minutes at lunchtime and wandered into town with my GF1. The links below take you to shots saved as 100% quality JPEGS (excpet 3 & 4 which were saved at 90% to get them under Flickr's 10MB limit) with no PP done on them.

GF1 test shots

Handling wise, I found it easy to use, even at hip height looking down at the screen at a fairly acute angle.

Well you can't argue about the quality! Really nice images. The DOF on the sign is great. Very nice (y)

Woot I've just joined the club got my GF-1 + 14-45 and 20mm :) Just waiting for the damn battery to charge, cant stop staring at it.....

Some really good examples linked to in this thread. Nice to see some shallow depth of field in play too.

So any one got any good settings for the C1 and C2 options?

Nice case would be good as well. Crumpler Jimmy Bo or Muffin Top look like they could do the trick.

Looked at a Pen today as the shop I went to didn't have a GF1 in stock. Hmmm... lot bigger than I expected... it's hardly pocketable as an alternative for a compact. Looks like it's back to the drawing board for me.

Here are a couple of shots I took with mine today. Not as good as those already posted but to give people an idea of what's being taken..

Both taken with the 20mm f1.7 lens

4098711589_1f994d8fcf_o.jpg

4098793685_5213df3e22_o.jpg

Thanks for posting. Those images are not bad at all. I think that 20mm f1.7 lens is a real winner and is up there with the best of them!

It would be interesting to see how the images compare with the 14-45mm lens.

My GF1 is apparently being delivered to Mathers today and should be with me on Tuesday. I hope the weather brightens up by then!

Some of my remembrance day images are with the 14-54 - but i cant remember which!!

I know the brass band reflection is for certain......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back