Please meet Ollie, our gorgeous new ruby King Charles Cavalier...

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone,

Of course I knew Jen was getting a ruby KCC... but well, to be totally honest, I am totally bowled over... this new puppy of ours has taken my breath away, he's simply stunning, he's gorgeous. He won't ever replace our wonderful Belle, but he's a little star in his own right.

Can I please introduce you all to Ollie, our new ruby King Charles Cavalier, just 8 weeks old.

p891321638-4.jpg

p770823544-4.jpg

p968988144-4.jpg

p962607221-4.jpg

Holy crap that's unbelievably cute. Trying to persuade my wife that we are ready to commit to dog ownership but she's not convinced :(

Lovely shots too. :)

I have to say, these are probably the NICEST photos I have seen of these wonderful pups, absolute DARLING you have!!!! :D He is absolutely 100% adorable. You have officially made me want doggy number 3, which means my wife WILL have my nads on a plate.

Bravo in every way!!!
Gary.

Jen wanted some more up to date shots of Oly this week, but not taken inside - taken outside in the garden... well... in a plant pot in the garden, hehe!! Say no more! :)

He's just as cute as he was last week. Full set of shots from today can be seen on my gallery, but here's a selection from that small set.

p845776385-4.jpg

p1048590458-4.jpg

p663649231-4.jpg

Thanks Chris... oh dear... hope I haven't caused an argument in the Threadgold household :)

Quick fav please; can you let me know if the saturation in the 3 images is acceptable please? I toned the sat down in #1 and #2 but left it as processed in #3. On my macbook the toned down images look fine, but when I viewed them on my phillips monitor they looked slightly over the top. Can you clarify for me please... ta.

On my Calibrated Dell 2408 they look typical Oly colours, with the greens being slightly more saturated than my Nikon, with number 3 looking the most saturated. Did you increase the black levels in Lightroom, as it looks similar to that type of effect, but it in no way detracts from the image :)

congratulations on your new family member John . Bet your camera is red hot taking photo's.But with a subject this cute who can blame you (y)

Congrats on the new arrival John
Stunning set but the last one ( 2nd set) really stands out for me (y)

That is one of the cutest things I've ever seen :love: :love:
Hello Ollie :wave:

My favourites are No.2 in the first set and No.3 in the second (it might be my monitor, but the saturation in that one does look better than the other two to me)

Quite honestly though, with a model like that I think you'd struggle to post any photo that didn't make me go all gooey.

Thanks all for your comments.

Sarah: I intentionally toned down the saturation in the first two as it looked a bit bright on my Phillips monitor, but OK on my macbook monitor. Glad you liked the 3rd in terms of saturation, I won't tone them down from now on.

Also... it might be that Ollie could wave at the window and see you - I see you too are from South Wales. Whereabouts...?

Oy my goodness, you've colour coded your dog to match your sofa. ;)

Sarah: I intentionally toned down the saturation in the first two as it looked a bit bright on my Phillips monitor, but OK on my macbook monitor. Glad you liked the 3rd in terms of saturation, I won't tone them down from now on.

Also... it might be that Ollie could wave at the window and see you - I see you too are from South Wales. Whereabouts...?

I often wonder about my monitors. My work monitor shows everything really dark, but I do wonder if my laptop is too bright - the brightness also seems to change depending on the angle of the screen, so I'm never quite sure if other people are seeing the same as me :bang:
From where I'm sat right now though, the saturation on no.3 definitely looks better.

I'm in Rogerstone, just outside of Newport. Whereabouts are you?

I often wonder about my monitors. My work monitor shows everything really dark, but I do wonder if my laptop is too bright - the brightness also seems to change depending on the angle of the screen, so I'm never quite sure if other people are seeing the same as me :bang:
From where I'm sat right now though, the saturation on no.3 definitely looks better.

I'm in Rogerstone, just outside of Newport. Whereabouts are you?
Thanks for the clarification Sarah, much appreciated.

I am on the Moorings, just between Newport and Caerleon, by the river.

Hehe Daz... funny you should mention that. we almost lost him earlier...

Spot the dog challenge... :)

I really did struggle to spot him !

I am on the Moorings, just between Newport and Caerleon, by the river.

Not very far away at all - but not quite within waving distance for Ollie.

funny you should mention that. we almost lost him earlier...

Spot the dog challenge... :)

Well, if you ever need to buy some matching cushions
just take Ruby along ( easier than the sofa :D)

Actually my dog is quite good a the Chameleon act as well
Here

Wow, what a gorgeous little pup!! I want one!!! lol!

I love the 2nd set he looks so cheeky in #2.

I want one as well now! He's a little smasher, John... oh, and very good pics as well. (y)

He's beautiful, lovely chap!! Does he have an eye infection? They look very runny.

Thanks everyone for your comments on Ollie himself (he is gorgeous, I agree) and the shots themselves... (blushes!!)

@Dawn B: Hiya... no, he doesn't have an eye infection. We have had him checked over at the vets, and he had is initial jabs etc. It's a common trait for King Charles Cavaliers to have runny eyes, we have 4 and now 2 of them have slightly runny eyes. It is a problem if their eyes are red, and the 'running' is significant. The thing is with Ollie is that he has a lovely dark coat that shows up the slightest dampness on his coat. Thanks for the concern though Dawn... he's fine :)

What a gorgeous little chap. :love::love::love:

Looking at him on the chair - 'little' is the word! How old is he now?

He seems very tolerant of the camera - make the most of it! :D

Oh - and the photos are good too - sorry - I was so taken with Ollie, I nearly forgot to mention that, for me, every one is a winner. :)

Jean

He's just 9 weeks now Jean, seems so young to take him away from his Mum. He's settling in nicely though, and the other three are gradually accepting him.

Thanks everyone for your comments on Ollie himself (he is gorgeous, I agree) and the shots themselves... (blushes!!)

@Dawn B: Hiya... no, he doesn't have an eye infection. We have had him checked over at the vets, and he had is initial jabs etc. It's a common trait for King Charles Cavaliers to have runny eyes, we have 4 and now 2 of them have slightly runny eyes. It is a problem if their eyes are red, and the 'running' is significant. The thing is with Ollie is that he has a lovely dark coat that shows up the slightest dampness on his coat. Thanks for the concern though Dawn... he's fine :)

Excellent, look forward to watching him grow. (y)

Adorable, with those faces he pulls hes gonna be spoilt! :) Great captures!

Back