Rugby World cup 2015 thread

:D:D:D:DBrilliant.

It may not have been the best result :(

But f@@@ me, I've never been to a match that tense or that enjoyable. The atmosphere inside the stadium was something else even before the game. Never seen it like that in there. Bloody good game too

I have been away from this for a few days,a few of my recent observations are:

a. We,Wales will not win another game in this RWC, too many 1st choice players injured and no real strength in depth.
b. New Zealand - Australia final, both teams look street ahead of anyone else.
c.The saffers are poo, there will be rolling heads if they don't win their group.......come on Scotland!!
d. Japan were just a flash in the pan.
e. ITV's coverage/commentators are almost as poo as the Saffers.

f.I am not a predictable person.

Best quote I've seen today:

"Accosted by posh English "chep" who said to me ""I bet you'll stuffing a sheep tonight Taff?" I said "yeah we'll stuff anything in white!"

Much as I enjoyed the Wales England game and the Welsh win I really hope that New Zealand win the cup. It would be a fitting end to the career of Richie McCaw. One of the greatest ever players to play the game. Best No. 7 ever. History being made would be a fitting tribute to him.

Much as I enjoyed the Wales England game and the Welsh win I really hope that New Zealand win the cup. It would be a fitting end to the career of Richie McCaw. One of the greatest ever players to play the game. Best No. 7 ever. History being made would be a fitting tribute to him.
Yeh..and i hope someone trips him up when he goes and collects the trophy..dirty bar- stewards...

Reactions: mex
How's your head?

Better now! Had to return to bed for a wee nap this afternoon....

Trying to work out the permutations of the pool, and things are not settled yet. Even a win against Fiji doesn't guarantee progress. Lots of rugby left even in the pool stage. And the backs performance in the second half was outstanding considering how many players out of position, a scrum half on the wing, outside half as full back and wing in the centre.

I am the least patriotic English person in the world, and don't give a toss that England lost, but these last 24 hours or so have demonstrated to me that the Welsh have no concept of being sporting in victory.

Yeh..and i hope someone trips him up when he goes and collects the trophy..dirty bar- stewards...

Give the man his due. He plays the game on the edge and does it superbly. England /Wales etc would love to have a player of his ability.

I am the least patriotic English person in the world, and don't give a toss that England lost, but these last 24 hours or so have demonstrated to me that the Welsh have no concept of being sporting in victory.

And England would have been different if they had won would they??? Somehow I don't think so and it would have been the English press, like so often, that led the way.

Anyway nothing is settled. England can beat the Aussies and Wales can lose to Fiji.

lol. You should have listened to Radio 5 live after the game. They had a very offensive bitter English man call in and slag off the Welsh & a nice Welsh man who complimented both teams on their play.

There are bad supporters everywhere, there's no need for you to make comments like that about an entire nation.

Give the man his due. He plays the game on the edge and does it superbly. England /Wales etc would love to have a player of his ability.

And England would have been different if they had won would they??? Somehow I don't think so and it would have been the English press, like so often, that led the way.

Anyway nothing is settled. England can beat the Aussies and Wales can lose to Fiji.

I just hope both England and Wales go out. Would the English have reacted equally? I have no idea. But if they had, I'd have been equally disgusted.

I just hope both England and Wales go out. Would the English have reacted equally? I have no idea. But if they had, I'd have been equally disgusted.

Its the old enemy. I expected England to win by 9/10 points. Pleasantly surprised to find that Wales won. Absolutely no gloating or bitterness where I work. Most have said it was a good game with both teams having their moments.

I support the home nations in these type of competitions. I want to see the 4 teams go through.

Really? I take it then that you have'nt listened to or watched any of the match build up or post match programmes. Yesterday (Sunday) the BBC news sport report did not once say Wales beat England, instead it was reported as "how did England loose" !! Sky news ( don't know the name of the presenter) , no mention that Wales had the audacity to field a 3rd string of players due to their injury crisis and beat one of the RWC favourites to lift the Webb Ellis trophy, instead the dude comes out with " Lancaster needs to look deeply into why England lost..." .

Try spending a few nights or weekends at a local rugby club, enjoy the banter, enjoy the atmosphere but don't get up on your high horse and criticise people just because you did'nt win.

EDIT: BBC breakfast news sport section: the young(ish) lady says " Wales' fantastic win on Saturday" then who do they interview? Lancaster! come on.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Really? I take it then that you have'nt listened to or watched any of the match build up or post match programmes. Yesterday (Sunday) the BBC news sport report did not once say Wales beat England, instead it was reported as "how did England loose" !! Sky news ( don't know the name of the presenter) , no mention that Wales had the audacity to field a 3rd string of players due to their injury crisis and beat one of the RWC favourites to lift the Webb Ellis trophy, instead the dude comes out with " Lancaster needs to look deeply into why England lost..." .

Try spending a few nights or weekends at a local rugby club, enjoy the banter, enjoy the atmosphere but don't get up on your high horse and criticise people just because you did'nt win.

EDIT: BBC breakfast news sport section: the young(ish) lady says " Wales' fantastic win on Saturday" then who do they interview? Lancaster! come on.

You're correct I've not even one second of any of it. My opinion is based upon what I see in my social media and what I experience at work.
As for saying "just because you didn't win", of course I didn't win. I never support England.
I am allowed an opinion you know ;-)

Wales had the audacity to field a 3rd string of players due to their injury crisis and beat one of the RWC favourites to lift the Webb Ellis trophy, instead the dude comes out with " Lancaster needs to look deeply into why England lost..." .

In doing so it was a fantastic Welsh victory. I think they earned the right to crow a little.

That said Lancaster does need to look at why England lost if he wants to progress in the tournament. The entire second half England looked like they had simply come out to hold on. England gave away too many penalties (thats a big deal - 7 penalties at this level and you will be punished) and lacked leadership both on and off the pitch. Poor decision making from the Captain, players and the management took the game away from them. The substitutions showed that, as usual, England are unable to think on their feet and adapt to the game situation. I've noticed on social media a lot of people questioning the decision to play for the corner and the win with the final penalty. I think this was the one brave and correct decision England took in that half. The penalty was in a crap location and would only have drawn anyway had it scored. In this tournament, at this level then you need to play to win

Wales deserved their win and nothing should take way from that.

Try spending a few nights or weekends at a local rugby club, enjoy the banter, enjoy the atmosphere

Agreed. Its nearly three years since this match was drawn. The anticipation has been building ever since.

Reactions: BBR
Possibly me of the most biased pieces of sports journalism I have seen!

Biggar, Alun Wyn, Warburton and Faletau all score a 6. Lol's.

Well if England played that well and lost they are stuffed against the Aussies coz reading that they cant get much better.

I think Julian Bennets ( the author of the newspaper garbage) should keep on taking his tablets.

it will all be for nothing if they dont get out of the group.

Wales and England were equally matched. The difference between them was Warren Gatland and Sam Warburton, I think they are in a different class to Lancaster and Robshaw, especially Gatland/Lancaster.
However as a keen England supporter I have to say 'hats off to Wales' they were given a gift and they took it ruthlessly.

I think they will lose to Fiji though.

I am not English and I know very little about rugby, but that game kept me watching for 80mins without even thinking of changing the channel, it was quite tense and interesting all the way, I felt that both teams were pretty much equal and had a strong drive to win.

Back