Rugby World cup '23

I'm very much looking forward to tonight's game, Ireland v S.Africa, it should be a cracker, then tomorrow night it's Wales v Australia, could life get any better?

Let's face it, ABBA! (Anyone But Bl**dy Australia!!!)

Enjoyed what I saw of the Georgia/Portugal game. Shame about the last kick.

I'm very much looking forward to tonight's game, Ireland v S.Africa, it should be a cracker, then tomorrow night it's Wales v Australia, could life get any better?

Been frustrating to watch so far as an Irishman, so many mistakes! We're lucky to be going in HT just ahead. As expected though, overall a close game, RSA have had their few mistakes too.

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice in the England v Chile second half at the end of a ruck, the Chilean number 2 punched an England play in the face and no one seemed to notice. Even the commentators failed to notice. I wound back about 4-5 times to re-check but it looked the same each time, I would have thought the referee would at least have wanted to review.

Dave

Goooodaaaamn that was stressful! such a close game, many mistakes from both sides but this is rugby at the highest level on the planet! You feel either side would be much more comfortable against any other team put in front of them. Not the prettiest rugby, but intense all the way

C'mon the boys in green! (y) :beer:

Last edited:
Entertaining game despite the relatively low scores. (SA/IRE)

Almost a perfect game by Wales - goodbye Eddie!

To be fair, I've just seen the interview, he was actually quite gracious. I'm not keen on him but credit where it is due.

What a bloody waste of time ,the wallabies are a disgrace, knives will be out for Eddie now .As for Tupo and Sketlton at least they saw Paris and thats all..
I guess NH Rugby has caught up and passed SH Rugby. Congratulations to Wales !!!!!!

An incredible weekend of rugby, the final part 1 and 1-0 to Ireland, England in the quarters and Wales knocked the last nail in Eddie's rugby coffin. Scotland are in, without doubt, the hardest group and will need a mammoth task to get out of it (would love to see it mind !)
To be fair, I've just seen the interview, he was actually quite gracious. I'm not keen on him but credit where it is due.

I can't abide the man, all a bit odd don't you think, in that he (allegedly) agreed a deal with Japan RFU as head coach post RWC 23, that couldn't have done his side any favours when they heard about it surely.

Enjoyed the Scotland game, turned into a run out for them.

Fair play to Romania though.

Well done the Scots, predictable though that it would come down to a 3 way in this group. If they manage to beat us without Ireland getting bonus points, we could be out! I never thought this match would be more significant than the RSA one.

Enjoyed the France/Italy game last night. I actually felt for Italy, there's no doubting their spirit but France were just too good and that was without Dupont.

I can't really see anyone stopping France, as long as they turn up to play. New Zealand, Ireland maybe but I think France will go all the way now.

I have the beer in for the Welsh game tonight. (y)

Tonight? It's on at the moment.

Can't help feeling for the ***************** - they're playing far better than the scoreline suggests.

Rugby Australia is going ,I hope to have a big shake up. I think the All Blacks will come out on top.

70 minutes - ugly. :(

80 minutes (different match!) - huge sigh of relief!!!

Good match to watch whatever the result!

So glad that I am enough of a mongrel to be happy with several sides winning - although Samoa isn't one of them.

Tonight? It's on at the moment.

Can't help feeling for the ***************** - they're playing far better than the scoreline suggests.

Spot the dingbat!!! For some reason, I thought you were West of the border rather than North of it!!! :headbang:

Comfortable enough for Ireland, hard luck to the Scot's. NZ though, are a different animal I feel. It's exciting for any team to face the All-Blacks, looking forward to it! I think if we just keep doing what we've been doing, we'll get through it

Ireland-All Blacks and Boks-France. A couple of barn burners next week.

Ireland-All Blacks and Boks-France. A couple of barn burners next week.

Yeah the draw was a bit messed up this time out, 4 of the top 5 in the world facing off to one another in the quarters. Tasty matches though both of those. Personally I'd love to see Ireland V Wales and England V France semi's, and the ultimate finale ... well c'mon now ... IRE Vs ENG, let's 'ave it!

Highly unlikely though the way ENG are playing atm [though Aus have been slightly worse] Honest prediction, if we can beat the All-Blacks, I can see IRE V FRA final. Not to dismiss Wales or ARG, but we can beat both right now handy enough I believe.

Last edited:
Amazing! Kudos to Portugal!

Portugal won a game, GG ... but I'm confused here, they still failed to progress to the second round, why are we celebrating?

To win any game is a cause for celebration?
Especially when you are a minnow and literally the last to qualify for the WC after going through a playoff with the US and Canada. To beat a traditional rugby nation like Fiji is something. Maybe not quite the seismic event that Japan defeating RSA was in the last WC but a cause for celebration, nonetheless.

Yeah the draw was a bit messed up this time out, 4 of the top 5 in the world facing off to one another in the quarters. Tasty matches though both of those. Personally I'd love to see Ireland V Wales and England V France semi's, and the ultimate finale ... well c'mon now ... IRE Vs ENG, let's 'ave it!
No! No! Ireland can easily beat England, so no point. I would like to see Ireland in the final but v S.A., NZ or France.

Dave

No! No! Ireland can easily beat England, so no point. I would like to see Ireland in the final but v S.A., NZ or France.

Dave
Right now they would but I guess if they were to make it to the final it would mean they improved a lot and beat some actual decent teams. It would be more so for the occasion, but yeah Ireland v France or RSA would be the better showcase. I'm not writing off NZ either though

Yup, I'm gutted but to be fair, Argentina out played Wales and Wales made too many errors.

Well done to Argentina.

Back