SamuelSlade's Photo52 4 2011 : Week 52 Glass + Nature added

Hi, Kev, evolution, processing aside, cracking take. I agree, holograms aren't far off.

I'd like to see the phone and iPad orientated the same. Table grain is a bit....hhmmm, for me. I'd also like to see a closer crop on the iPad half.

Work, I'm a bit...:thinking: about this one. I think I may be missing something....

Cheers.

thanks andy.

for Work, i felt i wanted to hark back to the days when work places had a picture of the Queen hanging somewhere... but for the german officer, his queen had a tash..?

Damn you and your time machine Kev. HG was going to pop by to give me a lift for that exact shot. Back to the drawing board for me.
Would have preferred the shot to have all of his upper body in though.

Damn you and your time machine Kev. HG was going to pop by to give me a lift for that exact shot. Back to the drawing board for me.
Would have preferred the shot to have all of his upper body in though.

colin!!! that was on the blinking russian front..you think i'm going to stick around and compose a shot, can move left hand down a bit, no back a bit... can you move Mr H's photo's so it doesn't reflect... :bang:

...you nobbler!!! now..where's your shot??? :razz:

Hey Kevin

Sorry i've been dreadful at keeping up with your and in fact everybody's 52!

I must admit I found your whole box thing a bit mad.. but the photos where great... just so many of them I lost the thread of what was going on a bit!

I look your last shot a lot... you have captured the old photo look perfectly. The officer looks like his boss from the side... but the photo shouts the theme!

Great work!

Hey Kevin

Sorry i've been dreadful at keeping up with your and in fact everybody's 52!

I must admit I found your whole box thing a bit mad.. but the photos where great... just so many of them I lost the thread of what was going on a bit!

I look your last shot a lot... you have captured the old photo look perfectly. The officer looks like his boss from the side... but the photo shouts the theme!

Great work!

thanks Mark.... madness seems to be coming out in my images of late, my TP day shot was a last minute take...and hadn't even had cooking sherry for that baby...

glad you liked 'Work' (y)

Really like the work photo. The grainyness is perfect, and it really is what I think of as 'work'

Joe :D

thanks Joe... spotted you were a new kid on the TP52 block ... i must stop by yours... (y)

don't worry when the others say about the madness of the 52 :wacky: ..... it passes the less you take reality seriously....:naughty:

Hiya Kev,

Great processing on your 'work' photo ... it definitely adds to the age.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Kev,

Great processing on your 'work' photo ... it definitely adds to the age.

Cheers

awe..thanks Dawn. it was almost by chance i came across the grain looking like it did... but once i'd got to a point i thought..yeah.. post that and be done.. (y)

now for Record... just uploading now.

...So..tad late..but here is Record... a record of my journey from and to home..??? :thinking: you may ask..surely he has that wrong???. .. its going to work and coming home??? :thinking: too much sun my dear boy , i hear you cry?

Nope.... camera was set up facing backwards as i wanted a shot of the unusual... who really looks out of the rear window ..we're always going forwards... missing where we've come from...

http://flic.kr/p/agme9w ...sorry for the link, but my whole TP52 is on flickr ... needs volume though!!!

in total there were 3630 Photos taken to get to this masterpiece...put together in Premiere Pro, speeded up in After Effects then put together with titles and music in PPro again...admittedly on the journey from work the exposure went off the scale a tad, but i wanted to keep the settings the same.

view my submission..comment if you can find the words... but thanks (y) for looking in....

..now to see about afixing webcams to the front bumper and seeing what the angle is like from down there.... :naughty: so close to the speeding tarmac...

Kev, that is excellent! Love the music you added there. A brilliant record indeed. A great amount of effort there. :clap:(y)

michael..thanks.... been wanting to do one of these shots for ages!!!... but didn't want the usual out the front shots.... (y)

Hiya Kev,

Well what can I say ..... my words would be :cool: ..... my 6 year old son's comments were "Cool! that is a groovy moving photo .... mum when can we take a photo like that?" :LOL: He then went on to ask if this is the same friend who made the lego man movie? (kids and their memories .... if only I had his ability to remember things :LOL:)

I like the fact that you have taken it through the rear window .... as you say .... how many of us think of where we have come from ..... or where we are going to :thinking: what a juxtaposition that is :eek:

The music really adds to the vid, great track choice too. It's amazing how the dull, rainy weather on the way to work played in your favour regards exposure as you pointed out the +OE on the return trip is a tad bright .... but heyho that is how the weather seems to go .... and as this was your first attempt at such a technique I think you have done well and will learn from same.

You mention that it took 3630 frames to compose this video .... what a fluke it would have been if it had landed up being 3333 photos :D

I look forward to seeing more of this type of work from you.

Well done

Cheers

Hiya Kev,

Well what can I say ..... my words would be :cool: ..... my 6 year old son's comments were "Cool! that is a groovy moving photo .... mum when can we take a photo like that?" :LOL: He then went on to ask if this is the same friend who made the lego man movie? (kids and their memories .... if only I had his ability to remember things :LOL:)

I like the fact that you have taken it through the rear window .... as you say .... how many of us think of where we have come from ..... or where we are going to :thinking: what a juxtaposition that is :eek:

The music really adds to the vid, great track choice too. It's amazing how the dull, rainy weather on the way to work played in your favour regards exposure as you pointed out the +OE on the return trip is a tad bright .... but heyho that is how the weather seems to go .... and as this was your first attempt at such a technique I think you have done well and will learn from same.

You mention that it took 3630 frames to compose this video .... what a fluke it would have been if it had landed up being 3333 photos :D

I look forward to seeing more of this type of work from you.

Well done

Cheers

(y) thanks dawn...yeah kids and their memories... but hey..who doesn't like lego movies??? but... out of the mouth of babes ... :clap:

as fo rmy first, well this was my second... the first was a trip home late at night from stainsburys... i'd made the mistake of trying to get an exposure reading by leaving the lens cap on, and got a tad frustrated. But then realised. However on that attempt the tripod was by no means secure so turned out very odd indeed AND over exposed in parts...

http://youtu.be/XQ1774MBVqo

well...technically this was my THIRD attempt... as i finding the link above, reminded me i painted a room rather quickly .or sooo it seemed.

anyhow..thanks for looking (y)

Hiya Kev,

Wow you do like this photo video stuff. I had to chuckle at the painting the room one .... talk about a 60 second makeover :LOL:

Cheers

You thinking outside the box again...:D

Well done, very interesting and I might have a go at this myself.

How did you secure your camera in the car?

Can you not use some kind of auto exposure??

Cheers.

You thinking outside the box again...:D

Well done, very interesting and I might have a go at this myself.

How did you secure your camera in the car?

Can you not use some kind of auto exposure??

Cheers.

the tripod was secured by three bungees tied around central column and both front seats, so tripod did move with the car, but stay upright mostly. the tripod legs were used only to stablise it loosely.

i'll have to try letting the camera work out the exposure itself i guess... the main thing will be filling the view with the outside so it doesn't sense the dark interior of the car??

i'm going to try interesting angles next... maybe mounting one inside a box???? labelled lifish....then stick it on the roof...see how many people flash me to point it out... but then see the label... dare i brake is the question? :eek::naughty:

Hiya Kev,

Wow you do like this photo video stuff. I had to chuckle at the painting the room one .... talk about a 60 second makeover :LOL:

Cheers

funny thing is..i didn't really want to paint the wall that colour... nor actually paint the wall.. :LOL: .. idle hands on a sunday afternoon? (y)

the tripod was secured by three bungees tied around central column and both front seats, so tripod did move with the car, but stay upright mostly. the tripod legs were used only to stablise it loosely.

i'll have to try letting the camera work out the exposure itself i guess... the main thing will be filling the view with the outside so it doesn't sense the dark interior of the car??

i'm going to try interesting angles next... maybe mounting one inside a box???? labelled lifish....then stick it on the roof...see how many people flash me to point it out... but then see the label... dare i brake is the question? :eek::naughty:

Duck Tape is your friend ;)

glad the boxes are still busy, but cant believe you killed one of them off!! :0)

work is a FAB pic

great shots of Betty, and I must say she's got some nice work going on there from what I can see, beautiful girl carrying off her tatts well, and very photogenic

celebrate another hysterical pic, nice one!

glad the boxes are still busy, but cant believe you killed one of them off!! :0)

work is a FAB pic

great shots of Betty, and I must say she's got some nice work going on there from what I can see, beautiful girl carrying off her tatts well, and very photogenic

celebrate another hysterical pic, nice one!

thanks Fleur...but who said one of the boxes was dead? i know i didn't...:naughty: .. well its not the last you'll see of him anyhow...

Yes.... i do believe...i am first again to post a blurry picture.... :bonk::bonk:

So..here is my submission..taken today (sunday) ... at Devil's Bridge in Wales (y) ... one of the waterfalls forming a foaming torrent of gushing water under the three bridges infamous for the demise of so many unhappy folk...

But for the life of me i didn't hink i'd be slowing the shutter down without the aid of a filter... i might have missed the falls trip yesterday (y) to the guys and girls for their posted efforts...but i had my own date with destiny... and the numerous steps to get back up to the top of the waterfalll almost killed me..quite literally .. :| .. but i survive to post this one... (y)

Loving the sharpness and colour of the grass, in contrast to the blurred flowing waters behind. i thought of a long shot of the falls, but none seem to capture the water without blowing the highlights in the water.. :shrug:

(y)

Hi Kev

This is defo a marmite shot for me... I can see how some people will love it but it does not do it for me. I dont mean that in a negative way... just in an artistic one. Technically the shot is great and as you say you have done great with the exposure and colour. I think I'd have loved to see a longer shot however from the front of the fall, with maybe a rock as foreground interest. I've tried to use plants and grass myself for foreground intrest and rarely do I succeed! I think there is defo something better with a rock at the front.

Morning all... thought i'd post a second offering for blur...using the old DOF technique (y)

foreground blurring nicely yet giving great rock relief in the background.

mono conversion simply because the sky went funny..and mono ROCKS :bang:

Hi Kev,

Actually I really like your first shot .... the fact that the grass is following the flow of the water all adds to the image. As for 'rocks' .... it looks like the water is flowing over some rocks at the base .... so not sure what 'rock' mark is referring to :thinking:

Another thing I like is the way you have captured the blurry motion of the water falling, and yet still maintained some of the motion on the lower part.

To me the exposure looks great and I like how you have the foreground grass in focus and the background grass blurred.

This is definitely not a Marmite shot!

Regards your second post ... I like the fuzzy foreground and the good use of lead in line through the image to the back.

Well done on both counts :clap:

Cheers

Hi Kev,

Actually I really like your first shot .... the fact that the grass is following the flow of the water all adds to the image. As for 'rocks' .... it looks like the water is flowing over some rocks at the base .... so not sure what 'rock' mark is referring to :thinking:

Another thing I like is the way you have captured the blurry motion of the water falling, and yet still maintained some of the motion on the lower part.

To me the exposure looks great and I like how you have the foreground grass in focus and the background grass blurred.

Regards your second post ... I like the fuzzy foreground and the good use of lead in line through the image to the back.

Cheers

[s3]^^^^^^^^
What she said ;)[/s3]

Hi Kev,

Cheers

[s3]^^^^^^^^
What she said ;)[/s3]

you girls ROCK... thanks :D

2nd blur shot is great Kev, like the black and white. (y)

thanks michael... i'm loving mono more and more these days... like i'm addicted.. i was once an every now and then sort of guy..but now it tends to be every other photo i think..yeah... mono.. boast that contrast a bit... just adds that depth.. and a little vingette around it... focuses the eye.. (y)

Hi Kev

This is defo a marmite shot for me... I can see how some people will love it but it does not do it for me. I dont mean that in a negative way... just in an artistic one. Technically the shot is great and as you say you have done great with the exposure and colour. I think I'd have loved to see a longer shot however from the front of the fall, with maybe a rock as foreground interest. I've tried to use plants and grass myself for foreground intrest and rarely do I succeed! I think there is defo something better with a rock at the front.

:plus1:

#2 is much better. Nice and subtle and some really great detail in the Bg rocks....pity about the sky.

Cheers.

Back