SamuelSlade's Photo52 4 2011 : Week 52 Glass + Nature added

Volume is excellent. One of my favourites of the whole 52. Very atmospheric and I love the colour and the lighting.

[thunk] ...... really..?? :eek: (y)(y)(y) day after day i wished i'd taken the shot, the fog grew thicker then thinner and i thought tomorrow..it'll be gone... but lo' it wasn't...thicker than ever...

Fun - really great colours - not sure if it would have been possible but a bit wider angle might have nailed it better for me - putting the wheel in some context
Volume - for a photo of a lorry on a road its got great atmosphere and tension to it...needed your explanation to get the volume link though ;)

kennysarmy said:
Fun - really great colours - not sure if it would have been possible but a bit wider angle might have nailed it better for me - putting the wheel in some context
Volume - for a photo of a lorry on a road its got great atmosphere and tension to it...needed your explanation to get the volume link though ;)

Oh I wish I did have a wider lens.... But first I knew of the fair and I jumped in feet first. Lighting rigs got in the way as well.. Thanks..(y)

Volume. I thought the volume was the volume in the lorry but having read I get your volume. I like 'outside the box' takes on themes.

I did a B&W conversion...and preferred it....

Fun....nice.

One I'm after trying at some point.

Great colours and clarity. I would have preferred a full frontal (OOohhh, matron!)...to give it more symmetry...

Cheers.

Volume. I thought the volume was the volume in the lorry but having read I get your volume. I like 'outside the box' takes on themes.

I did a B&W conversion...and preferred it....

Fun....nice.

One I'm after trying at some point.

Great colours and clarity. I would have preferred a full frontal (OOohhh, matron!)...to give it more symmetry...

Cheers.

i love doing mono too...but the sepia tones seemed to lend themselves more to the mood of the shot... but thanks

... i had to remember what fun was just then.. but trying to get straight on would have meant a few uprights in awkward places... anyway... i like coming in from the left field. i get mesmerised looking at the beautiful colours, that i never saw whilst standing there taking it.. :shrug: funny what we see if we just slow down for a moment...

Hiya Kev,

Love the colours in the FUN shot ... although it looks like it could have done with a bit of a straighten .... or had you been at the cooking sherry again :LOL:

Volume is a different take .... and I quite like it for the fab colour and the eeriness about the image.

Well done

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya Kev,

Love the colours in the FUN shot ... although it looks like it could have done with a bit of a straighten .... or had you been at the cooking sherry again :LOL:

Volume is a different take .... and I quite like it for the fab colour and the eeriness about the image.

Well done

Cheers

thanks dawn... andy mentioned about doing a full frontal... :shrug: i just prefer the angle bisecting with the REMIX wording... the fair is still there... i may pop down there and grab a few more...though chances are i'll make a wish at the Zoltan machine and you guys won't hear from me again...

..now you've just reminded me i haven't done Mix yet... another job for tomorrow.. (y)

You could always Mix some cooking sherry with some...errrr, cooking sherry....(y)

tried that andy... double strength as i left it to ferment in concrete casks over night.... enough to take the top coat off Mount Vesuvius :eek:

...i've moved onto the potato wine tonight... vintage stuff too... its been out of the ground a couple of weeks...

Hi Kev

love your shot for FUN...brilliant colors , like the angle & everything so clear & sharp :clap:

Like the shot for Volume as a photo...very atmospheric & the tones suit it well....just doesn't say volume to me...sorry :)

Hi Kev

love your shot for FUN...brilliant colors , like the angle & everything so clear & sharp :clap:

Like the shot for Volume as a photo...very atmospheric & the tones suit it well....just doesn't say volume to me...sorry :)

don't worry Lynne... when have my photos really stuck to the themes.... the oktoberfest is bending me backwards... and todays shot.,.. that was pushing my thought processes... maybe i should have put a NSFW tag...maybe not just yet..??? but one i have lined up..that will defo have to have it...

FUN is awesome... thanks .. (y)

Week 37 : MIX

6227634848_9ca1c1bea8_b.jpg

Had this idea in my head for weeks now... rattling around saying TAKE ME Seymour .... TAAAAAKKKKEE ME .......!!! ... so finally... got round to putting this one to bed.. (y)

its a sort of suck it and see whats sweet about it... i know now for defo..i'm cr@ppy at product shots...BUT can you spot the 'mix'

Week 40 - Explode...

2 weeks in one evening... i know..i'm spoiling you... hell if i get rapid tomorrow... i'll be... able to sleep this month...

So..first submission...

6227634382_73b1194d5f_z.jpg

Its the reaction i was after as i knew the plume would be too much... here i caught what seems like a mushroom cloud developing...

Second submission...

6227116379_caca248784_z.jpg

its darker as the flash was recycling round the garden...technology... but i love this for the goo thats falling back with the ..plume in full gush behind...

Mentos and diet coke...DON'T mix... ooo..i could have shot two in one just them... :LOL:

Hiya Kev,

Wow you have been a busy bee spoiling us with not only 2 themes ... but 3 photos too :p

I like the 'mix' shot .... clever use of reflection and capturing the word mix in twix :D

The explode shot is something I was thinking about .... but I wasn't sure about the mess it would make. TBH I'm not really taken by either (sorry) .... mainly because I find the composition and framing of the first distracting .... although it is on theme. For me the 2nd shot seems to shout explode more, but the blurriness of the cola makes me feel a bit woozy.

Well done though on being brave enough to do this experiment (y)

Cheers

drodd said:
Hiya Kev,

Wow you have been a busy bee spoiling us with not only 2 themes ... but 3 photos too :p

I like the 'mix' shot .... clever use of reflection and capturing the word mix in twix :D

The explode shot is something I was thinking about .... but I wasn't sure about the mess it would make. TBH I'm not really taken by either (sorry) .... mainly because I find the composition and framing of the first distracting .... although it is on theme. For me the 2nd shot seems to shout explode more, but the blurriness of the cola makes me feel a bit woozy.

Well done though on being brave enough to do this experiment (y)

Cheers

Thanks dawn... It was a first attempt at high speed capture... But I add my unpaid volunteer for the assignment came away unscathed....it was a tough call... I wanTed to show some head...and the bottles were a.use once scenario...only had two..and I'm not using Pepsi max...!!! Thanks for spotting the mix in mix... (y)

Mentalblock said:
Love them both Kev, especially the second.
Mentos and diet coke, is that what made it go?

Yep.... Shake up the coke to agitate....then get you willing victim.......volunteer.. To drop mentos mint in said bottle....and attempt to catch the volatility before it plumes... Would have loved the second to have been caught ny the flash... But I was a virgin tonight .. So it wasn't to be... (y)

Week 37 : MIX

6227634848_9ca1c1bea8_b.jpg

Had this idea in my head for weeks now... rattling around saying TAKE ME Seymour .... TAAAAAKKKKEE ME .......!!! ... so finally... got round to putting this one to bed.. (y)

its a sort of suck it and see whats sweet about it... i know now for defo..i'm cr@ppy at product shots...BUT can you spot the 'mix'

Shots......:shrug: but fits the theme.

BTW, are you trying to set a reod for the number of double entendres in a post...:clap::clap:

Explode...(y) for a decent attempt.

It's one of them...'The frame after would have been THE one!".

I saw these guys a while ago...they take it to the extreme!!

Cheers.

Wow that is fantastic .... now you are planting ideas in Kev's head :LOL:

....now now dawn... do i really need ideas planting in this head... my god.. i struggle to STOP ideas coming into my head... once i'd done my shoe shot for OF .... now i can't think of anything but bettering that shot... in a certain direction.. ;)

Just looked at the Mix again...i didn't do that badly.. now i study it more... its not overexposed .. nice arranged... colours are strong.. ???

too much cooking sherry before posting it.. ??

Explode looks like a fun capture; I like the first of the 2, a nice action shot (y)

thanks Joe...NOTE to all tempted to try it... do not drink the coke afterwards..no matter how tempted or desperate to experience Trashco value coke.. the smell put us off... well.. the smell this morning did anyway

Last edited:
Yo Kev,

That's a brilliant idea for the mix in the Twix. :)

You must be having fun taking the cola shot?

stan.. glad you spotted it... (y) .. funny..its smaller than i originally hoped... they must be making them bars smaller these days.. :shrug:

Hiya Kev nice mix image. Really like your 2nd bottle shot. A great capture!

thanks Michael... an experiment only to be used with Tesco value diet coke... pepsi max is too tasty for this ... though i might do more..thinking that i'll lessen the amount in each bottle.. spread the load and more mints... go wide.. and have a fountain..>?? :nuts:

Week 41 - Rapid

Rapidly moving part... that i wouldn't dream of trying to stop by hand... :thinking: .. andy was wrong about the cooking sherry... i just stuck a Evian label on the bottle... :cautious:

Just getting myself up to date so its one less thing for the week ahead.. (y)

Last edited:
Week 42 - Weave

Yes... i did sneak this one in.... [Andy!!] ... and i could give you all sorts of excuses and reasons... but tough... i may get time to post a different one... but this will at least bring me up to date... :shrug:

don't shoot the messenger..he may have good news about a lottery win... :naughty:

Mentalblock said:
I like the weave shot Kev.
Was it an early start or did you spray it with water?

The B&W works well in on the Rapid shot too.

Thanks Neil.it was kind of both..I was up early..but nature was given a hand..

Back