weekly Seaodyssey's 52 in 2023 Week 52 Pick of 2023 Completed

Lovely "Pretty" shot Pete and a great take on the Windows theme too!

Lovely pretty shot, do you know what flower it is? It looks a bit tropical to me, was it taken in a glasshouse?

Windows - great take on the theme!
Thank You
That's a great spot for Windows - nicely composed too.
Thanks Kell
Catching up on my comments. Don't know where the time went...

Unsightly: The barge looks abandoned. Is it just a dumping ground or is it taking the junk to a landfill?
Pretty: great close-up the colours are really vibrant
Windows: love this, good eye to spot it.
The local canal and rivers trust people pulled all that junk out of the canal. Not sure how they will get that to the recycling centre which is nearby as thats the closest the barge will get to it.
Pretty: it is indeed. Lovely colour and great detail from the stack.
Windows: Well spotted and a slightly different take on the theme. The composition leads the eye nicely.
Thanks Helen
Lovely "Pretty" shot Pete and a great take on the Windows theme too!
Thank you Simon
Lovely pretty shot, do you know what flower it is? It looks a bit tropical to me, was it taken in a glasshouse?
It's a sedum of some sort, out in our back garden

Thank you all for taking your time to comment.

Pete

I've often wondered about these abandoned community e-bikes and how the system works (I live in the country and only see them in pictures). Don't you have to register a credit card or something and then have the system track when you leave the bike in the next rack such that if it doesn't register as 'returned' then the powers-that-be can charge the credit card holder? Or am I being naive?

Abandoned- as Martin said would have thought they would have the tech now to register them and track them, We are out in the sticks as well so none around here. At least the one pictured does not look in too bad condition, such a waste though

I've often wondered about these abandoned community e-bikes and how the system works (I live in the country and only see them in pictures). Don't you have to register a credit card or something and then have the system track when you leave the bike in the next rack such that if it doesn't register as 'returned' then the powers-that-be can charge the credit card holder? Or am I being naive?
I think these ones are time based rental, you pay for 20minutes at a time. they are left all over the place, I suspect (but don't know) that the app shows where the nearest one is. They must be tracked as I have seen them being put into a back of a van, maybe to get them recharged. There are also those that need returning to a stand.

I certainly is a machine. Not sure what to make of the purple barriers, personally, but hey, it's there for safety so colour shouldn't matter.

I certainly is a machine. Not sure what to make of the purple barriers, personally, but hey, it's there for safety so colour shouldn't matter.
The purple is for the fibre optic cables being installed.

Nice digger that I;m sure my likkle Grandson would love :)

Is that a rental bike abandoned on the side of the road?

Good machine shot.

Nice clash of colours... obviously they weren't co-ordinating their kit :)

Ooh, nice digger. Let's face it, we'd all fancy a go with that!

That's a cracking shed/summerhouse. I'll bet Gerhard's very happy there.... :)
Nice lighting with the shadows too....

Lovely home for the gonk, fantastic! Good catch up too.

Ooh...that could do some damage in the wrong hands! Ideal shot for the theme. Lots of circles going on there.

Nice sharp shot Pete :)

Well snapped Lancaster!

Circles - great composition and processing!
Snappers - I would have missed this Pete, just not as fast on the draw as you are!

Nice light and nice kitty :)

One could say that your Urban shot is rubbish...LOL... but it suits the theme nicely. I'm with Dave, love the shot of the Kitty... :D

Nice - betweena rock and a - erm another rock!

Urban - you couldn't get more on theme if you tried. That shouts "urban" :)
Hollow - fits the bill nicely.
Sold - a nice selection of colour and texture

Nice one Pete, the gate really invites you in to explore.

Back