weekly FlyPhots 52 for 2023 - Week 42 'Forgotten'

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's my fourth 52 week challenge, I hope you enjoy the images.

Techniques:

Juxtaposition
Black & White
Composite
Macro
Motion Blur

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
1 - Your Area
2 - Incomplete
3 - Artificial + Tech Juxtaposition
4 - Transparent
5 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
6 - Knobs
7 - Letters
8 - (in the) Kitchen
9 - Broken
10 - Full
11 - Patterns
12 - Tunnel
13 - Spring
14 - Smooth
15 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
16 - Connected
17 - Liquid
18 - Distant
19 - Fragile
20 - Robust
21 - Nearby
22 - Irregular
23 - Rubbish
24 - Sound
25 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
26 - Watching
27 - Torn/Ripped + tech Macro
28 - Unsightly
29 - Pretty
30 - Windows
31 - Abandoned
32 - Possessions
33 - Machine
34 - Circles
35 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
36 - Urban + tech Motion Blur
37 - Hollow
38 - Solid
39 - Gates
40 - Memory
41 - Upright
42 - Forgotten
43 -
44 -
45 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
46 -
47 -
48 -
49 -
50 -
51 -
52 -

Last edited:
Looking forward to getting going today for this week's theme. Have fun all and I look forward to seeing all your magnificent images.

When I opened my front door to take the dog for a walk this morning I noticed the moon, rather large and yellow-ish, setting behind some trees at the other side of a field opposite my house. I took the opportunity to try out my new 55-200 lens and i'm pleased with the result (albeit the ISO is really high so it's a bit grainy). Obviously the dog had to wait a little bit longer than normal for his walk, but I don't think he minded too much.

Nice colours, I can see why you went back to get your camera.

Nice one Jim. Looking forward to seeing more from your new lens

Nice one Jim. Looking forward to seeing more from your new lens

Thanks Simon, hopefully it will get plenty of use this year!

Nice start, good colours. Late enough to have allowed the sky to be not completely dark.

Lovely colour in the sky and nice silhouettes of the trees

Great shot, lovely colours I always wondered what dawn looked like!

Nice tones with the sun illuminating interesting patterns in the clouds, doesn't look too noisy.

Lovely shot. I initially thought it was a sunset but the moon has been lovely in the past week so no surprise.

Good god! What time do you get up? I expect the dog was glad of a lie-in :D

What a lovely view to wake up to! Lovely colours in the sky and detailed silhouettes. Good luck with your 52.

Lovely shot. I initially thought it was a sunset but the moon has been lovely in the past week so no surprise.

Good god! What time do you get up? I expect the dog was glad of a lie-in :D

Thanks all.

Martin, this was at around 7am, so not fantastically early. I live in a country lane with no street lighting so we get good 'dark skies' here, and it's very quiet which is bliss!

There are TWO seven o'clocks!? Who knew, :D :D

Week 2 - Incomplete

As a beekeeper this is the time of year that I need to get ready for the season ahead, part of that preparation is making up new frames to go into the hive. These are the frames that will go into the box known as a Super, where the bees will store all that lovely honey; they are clearly incomplete.

Reactions: Nod
Nicely thought out shot Jim :)

Good one Jim.
Wish I’d thought of this - I’m also a beekeeper.

Nicely thought out shot Jim :)

Good one Jim.
Wish I’d thought of this - I’m also a beekeeper.

Thanks both, appreciate the comments.

Peter, this will be my first full year having got my colony last July - looking forward to the trials and tribulations that the girls will bring me (I think!)

14th year for me. I'm on Langstroth.
I hope it survives the winter. Need a minimum of 3 IMO.

Nice take on the theme and thanks for the narrative. Do they need a new frame every year?

Thanks, no you don't need new frames every year, they last quite a long time if they are looked after. I'm a new beekeeper, hence I'm having to make up lots this year. Looking forward to an interesting year and, perhaps, some honey if the girls work hard enough ;)

Reactions: rpn
Nicely composed shot Jim that fits the bill perfectly

Back