weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's my second 52 week challenge, hopefully it will be as much fun as last year's.

Techniques
Multiple Exposure
Panorama
Panning
Fill the Frame
Perspective
Free Lensing
Leading Lines
dappled light
Monochrome
Motion blur
Mirrored
Wide Angle
Low key
Negative space

HDR
Composite

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

0 - Nearby
1 - Fruit
2 - Dirty
3 - Rock
4 - Tall
5 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
6 - Pair
7 - Depict a film title
8 - Halves
9 - Reflection
10 - Rough
11 - Smooth
12 - Alive
13 - Easter
14 - Spring
15 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
16 - Out & About
17 - Shapes
18 - Numbers
19 - Toys
20 - Artificial
21 - Pattern
22 - Up Close
23 - Personal
24 - Green
25 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
26 - Looking Down
27 - Indigenous
28 - Plants
29 - Dominating
30 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
31 - Hands
32 - Fur
33 - Clean
34 - Glass
35 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
36 - Unnatural
37 - Natural
38 - Autumn
39 - Doors
40 - Architecture
41 - Red
42 - Irregular
43 - Halloween
44 - Underneath
45 - SNAPPERS CHOICE
46 - Back
47 - Culture
48 - Living
49 - Still Life
50 - Miniscule
51 - Seasonal
52 - Showcase

Last edited:
So here is my image for 'week 0' Nearby, this was taken at a wetlands close to where I live this very morning (in Tier 3 here)

You had snow? Lucky *** ;)
Nice crisp shot with sufficient DoF to get all the important parts of the Robin in focus.
(y)

Good start for your 52 Jim, nice colourful Robin shot and snow too.

Thanks both, but it's not snow, just a really sharp frost this morning.

Here we go. Amazing shot! Incredible detail <3

Many thanks

Very nice robin, nice and sharp, plenty of detail, really stands out.

Thanks.

The compulsorary Billy Bobbin shot - nice :)

Aha, proof that the forum software softens images. The Flickr click through is a tad sharper on the eye. Very nice capture in some nice bright light. The black background is a bit pixelated and splotchy on my monitor though. I'd also prefer to see a bit more space to the (camera) left. Was the square presentation with a central subject a deliberate choice?

Aha, proof that the forum software softens images. The Flickr click through is a tad sharper on the eye. Very nice capture in some nice bright light. The black background is a bit pixelated and splotchy on my monitor though. I'd also prefer to see a bit more space to the (camera) left. Was the square presentation with a central subject a deliberate choice?

Thanks for the CC. Yes, I had the square crop in mind when I made the image; the background is perfectly fine on my monitor, both here and on Flickr (anyone else get 'splotchy' pixelation?) it could be your monitor(?)

That's a real christmas card shot. Great detail. I would love too see some snow but all I have is mud, glorious mud!

That's a real christmas card shot. Great detail. I would love too see some snow but all I have is mud, glorious mud!

Thanks Helen, it was actually a thick frost, but it looks good :)

Hi Jim @FlyPhot ... nice find, good subject colour & detail. Slightly odd seeing a robin with a black & blue BG. But the harsh backlight works. :)

lots of detail on the Robin good dof great start to the year.

I like the light, very wintery low light, worth a click through to flickr, nice start to the year.

Congrats on being the first, with a seasonal Robin at that Jim

Ah, Robins, the supermodels of the wildlife photography world -- they let you get close, they strike numerous poses, they are photogenic. Britain's favourite bird...and well-taken in the frost.

Ah, Robins, the supermodels of the wildlife photography world -- they let you get close, they strike numerous poses, they are photogenic. Britain's favourite bird...and well-taken in the frost.

Cheers (y)

First off the mark - and a very nice image. Very seasonal, very sharp and plenty of detail. The pose of the bird is great.

First off the mark - and a very nice image. Very seasonal, very sharp and plenty of detail. The pose of the bird is great.

Nice detail in the feathers. The snow on the beak really gives it something.

Nice detail in the feathers. The snow on the beak really gives it something.

Cheers Nick. You can even see bits of frost falling off the beak if you look closely.

Great Shot Jim, beautifully in focus and the colours are spot one. Fab start to 2021

Great Shot Jim, beautifully in focus and the colours are spot one. Fab start to 2021

Thanks Heather

Lucky you getting some snow it makes your shot picture perfect, super detail and a smashing start to your thread.

Thanks Susie, it wasn't actually snow, just a very heavy frost.

Great shot and level of detail, anytime I'm trying to get pictures of birds all I do is hear them but never see them anywhere near the range of my camera. Definitely has a Christmas card look about it

Great shot and level of detail, anytime I'm trying to get pictures of birds all I do is hear them but never see them anywhere near the range of my camera. Definitely has a Christmas card look about it

Thanks Stuart. I was very lucky with this one, it seemed really tame and I managed to get very close.

Back