Daily ShoeQueen's 365 2013

its a fab story telling image :) and very impressed with the iphone 5 camera

Last edited:
Thanks - I thought they worked better together as two.

Its an iPhone 5 and I've been quite impressed by it so far.

I have an 4s, I finally moved into modern tech a few weeks back and I have to say I'm loving it :D

MWHCVT said:
That works (y) was it deliberate that it seems to take up about 60% of the frame :LOL:
Thanks. Yes I wanted it to be big & bold. Maybe not quite the angle I wanted but literally had a few seconds to grab it as the OH was already being dragged round clothes shops (well mostly waiting outside them) I didn't want to make a fuss about taking lots of photos as well!

Nice and bright and bold - our sales start Monday - might have to go and have a little look see ;)

Another iPhone day & pushing the limits so apologies for quality. Room with lights off - just this single candle.

Day 5
Sales shopping again today - nice candle & shade half price in Yankee Candles

the lighting in this shot really works well :)

Quiz didnt have the shoes :(

Nice purchase - now watch how you continue to buy thngs with a view to their photogenicness ;)

Tezz450D said:
the lighting in this shot really works well :)

Quiz didnt have the shoes :(

Aww that's a pity. There weren't that many left in the two shops I saw, I suppose it varies from shop to shop.

I want to try that shot or a similar one with my camera sometime...

MWHCVT said:
What an amazing Candle, I would have sworn it was an electric lamp :LOL:

Yankee Candles. They burn really well & last ages - the shades are optional extras.

Sonriendo said:
Nice purchase - now watch how you continue to buy thngs with a view to their photogenicness ;)
I really want to try this with my camera so another shot of this may appear later in my 365...

What wonderful shots Lynn ..... Great start to the 365 and welcome :) Looking forward to the rest of the year :)

Sorry - another quick iPhone shot today - still sitting in the cafe & about to finish the cuppa now.

Day 6
Having a nice cuppa

The way I look at it doesn't matter if its a quick shot or not, a photo is a photo and there's nothing wrong with this at all! Time 4 tea - good call!

I like it - who's that next to you? :LOL:

The subject looks great against the background of the menus on the wall :)

P.S. I did comment on your last photo earlier but managed to do so to my thread instead of yours! LOL. That's one heck of a bright candle - my sister would love t he lampshade. the photo has a nice warm, cozy feel to it! :)

Last edited:
Thanks all! Finally back to my own computer so will get a chance to get a good look through all the rest of the threads later!

Yes I liked the reflection in this (me and OH). Despite feeling a bit frustrated that I didn't have my camera with me the past few days, the iPhone has been not too bad in some very low light situations and just using Snapseed to edit. Its nice to be able to take, edit and post an image within a few mins - makes the whole 365 doable even on a busy day.

Great perspective and need one of those myself right now :)

It's amazing what phones and snapseed can produce!...
Excellent!

Cool perspective, very nice composition. Another thumbs up from me (y)
Thanks - I'd tried a shot from the top as well.

The way I look at it doesn't matter if its a quick shot or not, a photo is a photo and there's nothing wrong with this at all! Time 4 tea - good call!
Its better to have something quick than nothing!

I like it - who's that next to you? :LOL:

The subject looks great against the background of the menus on the wall :)
Thanks - you can just about make out the 'Traditional Irish Stew' on the specials board!

Nice coffee shop shot :)

That reminds me, time for a cuppa. Nice shot.

I like that and we can seeee you ;)
Thanks!

I think that actually works quite well (y) seeing it is inspiring me to think about using my phone a little more for photos :thinking:
If I can I'll use a camera but the phone isn't bad and its very accessible.

Great perspective and need one of those myself right now :)
I ended up having another one (Suki tea Earl Grey) in another coffee shop later that evening. You are all going to think all I do is go to coffee shops!!

It's amazing what phones and snapseed can produce!...
Excellent!
Thanks!

I did try a quick LR edit of the same shot - definitely more control but for a fast on the spot edit Snapseed is useful.

Delivery of a hilite today! So of course I had to try it out straightaway... These were roses I was given on NYE so not looking their best.

Day 7

I had fun taking it down again!! I took down a 5x7 by myself a few weeks ago but this is a 6x7 and my arms weren't long enough! Yay for YouTube and demonstrations!

Last edited:
Loveit - the colours are so bright :) Great shot

Back