Show us yer film shots then!

Actually on second viewing, they're not that bad. I think it must have been jessops picture manager that made them look so grainy, once I uploaded them to flickr they dont look so bad.

yeager by MIkeRandle, on Flickr

Bessa R3A, Nokton 40mm f1.4, Velvia 50.

Bessa R3A, Nokton 40mm f1.4 velvia 50

I just cannot believe that this simple camera and film can produce this.

Love the colours in the sky ...that R3A looks to be not a bad little number...I googled it :D

Your market shot reminded me of one I captured on konica film exp 2006:

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

I actually got a slapped wrist from the gendarmerie after I took this as the elevated position that I took it from was technically "private"....well there was no sign or barrier so I took advantage :D :D

Shot on a Mamiya MSX 1000 with a Helios 58mm lens

Mark, all your Italy photographs are good, I particularly like the textures in #3.

Asha, I like your Market and the Konica film is still going strong.

9460299581_10fc34bdb3_z.jpg

Oh how this place has changed since I was last there in 1983!

Nikon F100, Cosina 19-35mm, Kodacolor 100, Asda Dev.

Last edited:
Oh how this place has changed since I was last there in 1983!

Nikon F100, Cosina 19-35mm, Kodacolor 100, Asda Dev.

Love this one Adrian. Just makes me want to go back!

I hope you cleared the shelves in the Rossman pharmacies of their dirt cheap film like I did!

One from the new (to me) Hasselblad 500 c/m, Ilford Delta 100, Ilford DD-X.

Hass011 by wickerman6, on Flickr

Love this one Adrian. Just makes me want to go back!

I hope you cleared the shelves in the Rossman pharmacies of their dirt cheap film like I did!

Cheers Nick, I did pick up a lot of Ferrania, it is a great location, changed a lot since I was a student there in the mid 80's!

I've grown quite tired of scanning my colour negatives (I can't get the colours to my liking without lots of effort), so I decided to give UK Film Lab a try for development and scanning. I'm quite pleased with the results. Here are a few shots from a brief trip up north:

Last edited:
I've grown quite tired of scanning my colour negatives (I can't get the colours to my liking without lots of effort), so I decided to give UK Film Lab a try for development and scanning. I'm quite pleased with the results. Here are a few shots from a brief trip up north:

RJ, I really like these, colours are great and the composition is very engaging. I have to say though I have liked the colour palette in your other postings which I guess you scanned yourself.

a few from london at the weekend, poundland Agfa on a Kodak Retina 1b

Great set, I particularly like the middle two. And on Vista too! Great to see what the Retina is capable of achieving.

thanks :) that was at the greenwhich naval college, the Painted Hall. Just wish i had a wider lens than the 50.

My first Velvia :)

Got lots more to process...striking how sensitive the exposure is, have to really nail it to get the colours to pop, going to enjoy learning how to get the best from it!

essexash,

Very good set, I like the first one with the old, new and being built all in the same shot.

The last shot is very crisp and poundland is still performing well.

My first Velvia

And does it make a photo come to life, lovely.

RJ, I really like these, colours are great and the composition is very engaging. I have to say though I have liked the colour palette in your other postings which I guess you scanned yourself.

Thanks, Adrian.

I don't mind scanning and the results weren't necessarily bad when I did it myself, but I just found that it was taking too much time to get the colours just the way that I wanted them with my colour photos.

Between my PhD and sporting commitments, I simply don't have the spare time to be fiddling on the computer, so I'm going to be sending out my colour negative film for the foreseeable future, I think. Leaves more time for shooting then, as well ;).

I'll still do all of my black and white development and scanning at home though.

Really like the 'LUSS' shot, I'm just a sucker for typography!

A shot from a roll I shot almost five years ago - it was from a Biology field trip at the end of AS... I've graduated uni now!

6eyKxsd.jpg

Nikon F3HP + 50/1.8, Kodak ColorPlus 200 (which was Poundland's budget film at the time). Scanned on the V500 instead of the Plustek, so not that sharp.

Also I've scanned some of the slide film that I shot over the past year or so, check out the results here:
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=502254

Really like the 'LUSS' shot, I'm just a sucker for typography!

A shot from a roll I shot almost five years ago - it was from a Biology field trip at the end of AS... I've graduated uni now!

Nikon F3HP + 50/1.8, Kodak ColorPlus 200 (which was Poundland's budget film at the time). Scanned on the V500 instead of the Plustek, so not that sharp.

Also I've scanned some of the slide film that I shot over the past year or so, check out the results here:
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=502254

Great shot. You can be proud of that one.

Finally own a Leica!!!! An M2 with a collapsable 50mm f2 Summicron -

Shot a test roll to make sure all was ok on Fuji Superia and all fine, so Portra loaded and off we go. A couple of test shots (think they were wide open).

My Baby
9570511765_f893d91454_z.jpg

9573308010_960c4089ce_z.jpg

9573305996_7547162d30_z.jpg

9573305308_3f67350ffb_z.jpg

Quick tweak in LR.

Streets, Macau, Velvia

Mandarin's House, Macau, Velvia

House, Macau, Velvia

Derelict House, Macau, Velvia

Wow, great page so far.

Chris, Lloyd, Simon and Scott, all excellent work.

I'm off to the Lakes today, packed the Mam C330 and 2 lenses and the Yash and the D7100 and an Ilford single use for the challenge. Now have I got enough cameras?

Andy

Some fantastic shots in this thread,

Mid Gen, your M6 is proving to be a great eye on the far east in your hands, really liking your developing portfolio and the vicarious expereice of distant lands your work is offereing!

Fruitflakes, I love the colours in that Kodak ColorPlus 200 shot, the F3HP and 50 1.8 is a nice combintion, I still have 12 or so rolls of this film in the fridge so I must give it an outing again

Cambsno, your posting is really not helping me fight the urge to buy a classic Leica, the quality you are getting out of the set up is quite superb PLEASE STOP POSTING, my credit card is at very serious risk!!!!:nono:

Walsh, very nice monochromes, really like the rural road shot, the simple yet enegaging composition is very pleasing to the eye

Ilford Pan100 using an AE-1, developed in rodinal by stand developing... I'm not terribly happy with the results so far, but its entirely possible my focussing leaves a lot to be desired.

The focusing looks to be ok to me Mads assuming of course you went for the eyes.

Obviously a shallow dof will render the rest of the shot oof but tbh I like the result and expresion that you've captured.

Yeah, thats pretty much the only shot of the roll I'm happy with... Gimme two ticks, I'll find one I'm not happy with

I think the focus ended up on the chair... 28mm lens I struggled with

But I'm not too upset with that one

Yes the focus on the first is in front of the intended subject...looks to be on her dress / on the photo of the baby on the wall.

Rest assured manual focus can be non too easy especially if shooting large apertures as there is barely any margin for error ( unless of course your focusing at infinity)

Eyesight naturally plays a part...I personally have glasses to wear but tbh i cannot get on with them when looking through prism finders and as such have actually obtained better results without them.

I don't think there is an easy answer really, except of course AF, then that is defeating the object of shooting MF kit

I did wonder if, and I'm grasping at straws, a lot of the shots on that film were shot straight out of the fridge, so could there have been moisture on the film? Second thing I wondered, though I know this wont affect the focussing, I wondered if being stand dev'd could affect the amount/size of grain, and if using a 'normal' dev would yield better results

Stand dev ( or semi stand ) can, i've found, occasionally yield a lack of contrast....seems to depend on the film that I've used but the portrait of the youngster is sharp where you focused is it not??....so therefore it seems to me that it is a user error....sorry, i guess that is probably not what you want to hear.

I'm not sure what effects moisture on the film would have but i would think more like water marks rather than what you are experiencing on these results.

Is this the first film through the AE-1 ?

Back