Show us yer film shots then!

Dem Deutschen Volke

I like that very much and as you may know, I am not a great fan of B&W, but, this a very powerful shot, great straight lines culminating in a very aggressive sky.Maybe the type of shot the Third Reich would have used and that is a photographic compliment.

Details of kit and film would be very interesting, it does look like a good B&W film.

2n8dl5i.jpg

The sky for me is really nice... Perhaps a touch dark on the left, but that's totally forgiveable. I'd go as far as saying that the foreground is both too dark and too contrasty. The building kinda wants to stand out, but for me it's lost in the contrast a little.

This is of course me being picky on an overall very nice photograph.

@ Richard
Thanks
Most of my transparency photographs were with Kodachome II
I did shot a little bit of Agfa transparency film.
For the motor sport shots it was high speed Ektacharome (ASA160)
B&W (not much) it was Tri X. I never had a dark room but expriment with develpoing and produced some contact prints.

Last edited:
This is of course me being picky on an overall very nice photograph.
Thanks Woodsy.
Not picky, you're right, its not as good as the first one, its under and there's nothin more to come out of the neg.

From a recent trip to Norway...

And that looks like a rusty sandblaster in a Norwegian quarry :?...

Last edited:

Hi!

I've already posted this somewhere else, but I was told this is the right section for the photos

These are some shots I made in London, in last February (kind of an end-of-semester trip :p)

I used an old film point-and-shoot camera, a Konica C35 Automatic (which has a 35mm lens), loaded with a Superia 400 film.

I believe the photos aren't that great, but I'd like to hear what you guys think about them :)

1-
f1000006j.jpg

2-
f1000002c.jpg

3-
f1000003n.jpg

4-
f1000036.jpg

5-
f1000009.jpg

6-
f1000010.jpg

Btw, none of the photos was edited. I just sent them to the lab, asked to scan them, and straight to the forum :p

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and what a lovely way to introduce yourself. A lovely set of shots, I personally love the first and last shots, excellent work, look forward to seeing more.

Andy

Richard, loving the Plaza shot, pin sharp and lovely light. Was this taken with Bessie?

Andy

I also like your first shot, your camera has really coped well with the contrast between the light coming through the windows and the shadow detail. The shot reminded me of the well know Grand Central Terminal picture. Keep up the good work (y)

Haven't been on for a while and wow....some great images.
Really inspirational stuff.
Great work all

Hi!

I've already posted this somewhere else, but I was told this is the right section for the photos

These are some shots I made in London, in last February (kind of an end-of-semester trip :p)

I used an old film point-and-shoot camera, a Konica C35 Automatic (which has a 35mm lens), loaded with a Superia 400 film.

I believe the photos aren't that great, but I'd like to hear what you guys think about them :)

1-
f1000006j.jpg

3-
f1000003n.jpg

6-
f1000010.jpg

Btw, none of the photos was edited. I just sent them to the lab, asked to scan them, and straight to the forum :p

I really like these three, great images

Welcome to the forum and what a lovely way to introduce yourself. A lovely set of shots, I personally love the first and last shots, excellent work, look forward to seeing more.

Andy

Tyvm. I'll keep posting as I develop more film ;)

I also like your first shot, your camera has really coped well with the contrast between the light coming through the windows and the shadow detail. The shot reminded me of the well know Grand Central Terminal picture. Keep up the good work (y)
I love that one too. It was taken at the Natural History Museum.

Haven't been on for a while and wow....some great images.
Really inspirational stuff.
Great work all
Thanks (I suppose you include my photos in your opinion :p)

I really like these three, great images
Thanks ;)

Dem Deutschen Volke

I like that very much and as you may know, I am not a great fan of B&W, but, this a very powerful shot, great straight lines culminating in a very aggressive sky.Maybe the type of shot the Third Reich would have used and that is a photographic compliment.

Details of kit and film would be very interesting, it does look like a good B&W film.

Richard, many thanks for the comments they are much appreciated. The picture was taken with my Nikon F100 with the very cheap Cosina 19-35mm AF zoom. I have a love hate relationship with this lens, sometimes it works other times it turns in poor images. This shot was taken on Colour film, Fuji Reala but the F100 has been playing up and the whole film came out under exposed. In colour the shots were poor so I converted this one to mono in LR4 and it is definitely better than the original colour.

Richard, loving the Plaza shot, pin sharp and lovely light. Was this taken with Bessie?

Andy

Yes Andy, it was the Bessa with Sensia 200. Thank you for the comment.

From the 35mm point and shoot I declare them blimmin great !

Norim_ 13, great set of images really like 1,2 and 5. Just shows what can be done with the humble poit and shoot, welcome to the forum too, looking forward to more of your work.

Haven't had much chance to take any pictures lately, but here's one I took with the Rolleiflex with Velvia 50 on a walk in the mountains a week or so ago.

View from Mynydd Mawr by osh rees, on Flickr

... and one from the Mamiya 7ii. Velvia 50 again with a two stop ND grad filter (hard).

Y Garn from Pen yr Ole Wen by osh rees, on Flickr

G'osh'd again :D

I was about to go out shooting some landscape scenes this afternoon......comparing the results I'm likely to obtain against yours, i may as well stay at home and do some baking or something! :D :D

Your work is outstanding......it's a joy to view it!

And that's my daily dose of inadequacy sorted :D

Fantastic work Osh (y)

Hi!

1-
f1000006j.jpg

The light in this one is beautiful :)

Also, Osh - do you ever sell prints? A bit of wilderness on my walls would really be a treat!

Mad to post on the same page as osh. :D

Thank you for the kind comments! The colour of the heather in the mountains is very nice at the moment.

Also, Osh - do you ever sell prints? A bit of wilderness on my walls would really be a treat!

I'm in the process of getting some of my favourite slides professionally scanned at the moment (must get round to posting a separate thread showing the results) so as to have better quality files for printing, so should hopefully have some soon.

Andy, lovely set of images, I particularly like the last one, great DoF.

Oops, double post

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks Osh, I think these were taken on Portra and the Mamiya shots on Ektar.

They're really good Charlotte.

Back