Show us yer film shots then!

Last edited:
"Spanish Buildings are just great."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed!.... there looks to be some fantastic architecture.

Imo, we become complacent with our surroundings and see "better/ more beautiful" further afield when in fact we have just as much beauty on our doorstep.

A classic example is how I enjoy the architecture when returning to Yorkshire...drives me to take shots that I found un inspiring when i lived there.

In the same way, I struggle to find the urge to photograph local buildings here in Nice simply because I see them everyday........a lack of interest that i could do to change if I'm honest as there is a lot to offer.

"Spanish Buildings are just great."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed!.... there looks to be some fantastic architecture.

Imo, we become complacent with our surroundings and see "better/ more beautiful" further afield when in fact we have just as much beauty on our doorstep.

A classic example is how I enjoy the architecture when returning to Yorkshire...drives me to take shots that I found un inspiring when i lived there.

In the same way, I struggle to find the urge to photograph local buildings here in Nice simply because I see them everyday........a lack of interest that i could do to change if I'm honest as there is a lot to offer.

Very true Asha, we all suffer from that syndrome, whats on your doorstep means very little to us, but, to other is fascinating and delightful.

It's beautiful Richard...and you're quite correct about our own doorstep. Gonna go to town tomorrow and take some more pictures of where I live..

You know something, I may just do the same as i have some kit i want to test out...

Continue to be stuck in a rut, can't seem to take anything decent past year or so.

9655485805_0d8dff99f3_b.jpg

9658717412_7a418d26af_b.jpg

Try something different, Wilson. Post that first pic in Talk Equipment and tell them the laser burned a hole in your film ;)

FWIW, I rather like those, especially the second. Hints of Close Encounters about it.

Excellent shots from everyone else too, yet another reason for me to delay posting any of my rubbish (well, that and the fact that I'm still waiting for them to come back from Peak).

Continue to be stuck in a rut, can't seem to take anything decent past year or so.

Wilson, I have just had a look at the start of this thread and I think you were the third poster of some B&W shots, if you ever want to get your film MOJO back then I suggest you go to page one and have a look at what you have produced in the past, just brilliant wonderful photography.(y)

A couple of test shots really on the Mamiya C330. The first one with the 55mm lens and the 2nd on the 80mm. Both shot on Fuji Acros 100 in window light, they've had a little crop, a bit of dust spotting and nowt else.

Still-Life-2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Still-Life-1 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy

Nice pair of still life images, lovely rendering from those lenses. First one is my favourite. Also they look like the glasses I wear when writing with my fountain pen:LOL:

Richard really like that, great urban rural contrast and the thin vignette of the distant hills makes for an engaging composition. I must get to Spain some time!

I am going back for ten days in ten weeks time and counting.:D

Rather random one from me, Velvia 50 & polaroid 100, taken back in January for the February round of POTY2013 - subject was "February - Small things or macro or HDR image or stacked image", so this was my 'stacked image' :)

Composite Test by Strappster, on Flickr

Rather random one from me, Velvia 50 & polaroid 100, taken back in January for the February round of POTY2013 - subject was "February - Small things or macro or HDR image or stacked image", so this was my 'stacked image' :)

Composite Test by Strappster, on Flickr

I like this very much...don't recall seeing it entered into the competition though. Did you enter something else?

I just discovered the photo merge feature in PS so I cobbled panorama using a few old film shots. Amazed it worked!

Panorama from top of Landkey point, Devon by srichgtr, on Flickr

Much better effort than my dslr manages with panorama mode ironically...

No idea what film,probably Truprint's finest. Think it was my clonky old Fuji DL-10 compact camera. The wonky fence post is actually wonky. I checked ;)

Thanks, Nick and Steve :)

...don't recall seeing it entered into the competition though. Did you enter something else?

I didn't enter anything, other events took my mind off the competition and I didn't finish up the film until a couple of weeks ago. :shake:

From the 35mm point and shoot I declare them blimmin great !
Thanks ;)

Norim_ 13, great set of images really like 1,2 and 5. Just shows what can be done with the humble poit and shoot, welcome to the forum too, looking forward to more of your work.

Indeed. This is the first film camera I use regularly, and I'm pretty happy with the results.

The light in this one is beautiful :)

I love this one too. And it seems it's the favourite of everyone :p

I went to the lab today to pick my last roll. I'll upload some pictures later.

Best regards

From the first film through the new-purchase Minolta Autocord (circa 1958).
No light leaks or anything else unusual, framing too tight but hey ho.
Portra 400 on a V500.

Wedding Car by djguru32, on Flickr

Dave

An early morning walk around Aldeburgh with the Hasselblad and some fuji velvia 100 produced these:

A nice series there; I particularly like the last shot.

From the first film through the new-purchase Minolta Autocord (circa 1958).
No light leaks or anything else unusual, framing too tight but hey ho.
Portra 400 on a V500.

Autocords are very nice cameras and represent one of the better bargains in medium format, I feel. Enjoy!

norim_13, nice set, the train tracks is particularly good.
RJ you got the obligatory wildlife portrait while you were away.
Micheal thats a cracking shot

Spooky, I am flying to Edinburgh on Monday and then driving up to Pittenweem for a couple of days and I am just trying to squeeze in a pit stop in Edinburgh itself if I can as I have not been before. If not Monday plan B would be Thursday on the way back.

Castle is definitely on the list - any other recommendations Steve?

Mark

I like that, norim, very nice conversion :)

Also love the colours in wickerman's Velvia shots (y)

One from me - Yashica Electro 35 GX on Agfa Vista 200.

Leading Lines by Strappster, on Flickr

Looking at norim's train lines, I could probably improve my shot by moving to the centre of the path and shooting from lower down. Something to consider next time I'm over that way. :thinking:

Last edited:
Back